General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

FB groups are the worst.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:12 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Z33Garage
and lets not get started on the FB groups....

*what is the best oil?
*what is the best turbo?
*What does this light mean?
*what are the best all season/summer tires for winters in Chicago?
*post cars for sale, <50k miles , <$7k price

Or like I personally experienced...

Girl: Hey can you help me, my Z wont start the battery is dead.
Me: Is it manual we can push start it...
Girl: yeah!
Me: *looking into car* Humm thats auto...
Girl: No its both auto and manual...
Me: no you dont have a clutch, its auto...
Girl: No, its both....
Me: Ok, enjoy push starting your auto, make sure you pop your clutch in 1 when you get it rolling * Leaves*

the list goes on...
Was she hot though? Ill push start her, if you jnow what i mean
Old 04-16-2015, 12:28 PM
bith8791

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Same goes for the FB pages of local z clubs, I'm not going to mention which one but I decided not to join after seeing the types of members on the FB page.
With the exception of one older stock Z32 owner that I met at a car show, the rest of the z's that showed up were all the typical rice, stance, crap that you see every day, it made me feel good as I was leaving though, a 911 owner said, "wow, a really nice stock 350z, you never see those anymore then pointed at the dbags with their stance whatever z's, he asked why I was leaving, I said I had places to go, things to do, Porsche's to pass.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,057 Likes on 746 Posts

I don't really post on here a lot (as you can see from my post count) and mainly just use the site for information gained from searching and entertainment value. Some would really be amazed at how much information this site really contains.

With that said...
Originally Posted by Snowxo
if I were to give advice it would be to -not- answer the questions on those threads or just close them out right until they learn to just do some research.
This is probably the best solution, but it would clearly decrease the number of times that I lol at my computer from a certain "select few" users on here that incessantly flame the noob posts (you know who you are, haha).
Old 04-16-2015, 12:48 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
I don't really post on here a lot (as you can see from my post count) and mainly just use the site for information gained from searching and entertainment value. Some would really be amazed at how much information this site really contains.

With that said...

This is probably the best solution, but it would clearly decrease the number of times that I lol at my computer from a certain "select few" users on here that incessantly flame the noob posts (you know who you are, haha).
That fawking Canadien dooshnozzle Syner!!!!
Old 04-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Surely, not me?!
Old 04-16-2015, 12:51 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by StuLax18
That fawking Canadien dooshnozzle Syner!!!!
He said user"S" that means you and trav are also on the list
Old 04-16-2015, 01:08 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by 1973camarolt
Dkmura, even this type of thread that complains about new/inexperienced posters is getting old. It's not worth it to worry about these people or slap your forehead.
No, what's getting old is the number of dumb or ridiculous posts that get made here. If this thread serves to make even one person say, "I better research this a bit more, rather than mindlessly posting", it'll have done some good.
The following users liked this post:
jcandas (05-05-2023)
Old 04-16-2015, 01:17 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by monztr
I guess it just depends on where you sit in the spectrum. I remember when the Z33 was released and how many new Z owners had no idea of the history of the car and the company and that to them it was just a shiny new car and how this was discouraging to the existing Z community to see so many owners take hold of the legacy and treat it like an appliance. I have owned each of the first five generations of Z cars and at present own 3. I have bought all of my cars well used and all have been used in motorsport to some extent.

Yes there is a bumper crop of DB owners, some cars seem to attract them like magnets, the Z32 community always bothered me for the amount of misinformation that was regurgitated and accepted as fact within the community from keyboard mechanic's. I have also seen a downturn in the quality of content and management of long time favorite site of mine hybridz.

I have been a subscriber of many defunct magazines starting with "Z car and classic Datsun" as a matter of fact I gave Art money for a shirt at diner when he was in town a few years back for a shirt that I never recieved from a now defunct magazine received.

We all have to start somewhere, some patience goes a long way and sometimes the Noobs just need to STFU!

You make some excellent points. Thanks for contributing to this discussion. As for the shirt (from a certain now defunct magazine) Art never gave you, why don't you PM me and let me see if I can help.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:26 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Syner
dkmura has always been overly patient and extremely helpful. When most of us resort to trolling and teasing, he still tries to provide meaningful information that will help others. I have nothing but respect for him.
Thanks for the kudos, but lately I feel like an idiot myself for assuming some of the posters know what they're asking about.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:39 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Cux350z
I feel ya. Every day there are threads titled "HELP!!!!" which basically outline some idiots quest to fix something they messed up and are to lazy to search for an answer. They just don't understand that while searching for your answer you may gain knowledge about it and other future issues.

The level of contribution has gone way down. This forum has died a lot in the last few years. Its become a ricer fest..full of plastidip, knock off wheels and the stance crowd. And then they all fluff their chest when you tell them their car looks like *** when they asked for an opinion. Everyone is a hater, don't judge! Honestly I am sick of hearing about the Rocket bunny kit and fender flares....they're ugly.

5k FI builds!

Don't even get me started about the classifieds and tire kickers. They would haggle over the price of a Free Sample.
Good points all and your last sentence about the "classifieds and tire kickers" made me LOL. It's yet another sore point in the decline of this forum: the wasted energy put into the WTB classifieds. People ask for particular parts, but when you PM them, they either A) don't bother to respond; B) think you should give them the part with free shipping or C) end up asking for spectfic advice on how to install the part to fix a problem.

Last edited by dkmura; 04-16-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:08 PM
dSpaceman

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
Examples include asking about what's involved with making 500-600 hp from $5K in parts.
I laff

In his defense, he did learn his lesson from all the humiliating comments. Don't think we'll ever see him again, though
Old 04-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Spoolin'Fool

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This goes back to the Z being affordable to the younger generation of social media douche canoes that only care about how many likes they get on their dipped rusted hood creations, I realize due to my age im in that group (im 25) but man I hate how the import scene as a whole is being thrown in the trash because of this whole stance thing I grew up building cars with my dad making them faster than they were while not adding much to the exterior, but yall are right with the whole search thing too also those FB pages are the damn worst lol!!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:10 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Classified section is a sad, desolate place. I have checked every now and then for wheels for the past 4-5 months and seen maybe 3-4 I liked and only a couple I'd buy.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:43 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by dSpaceman
I laff

In his defense, he did learn his lesson from all the humiliating comments. Don't think we'll ever see him again, though
But did he really learn anything at all? He disappeared from the thread, but maybe he's out looking at electric superchargers and magic elixers to make that 600 hp.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:48 PM
icer5160

Received 398 Likes on 299 Posts

To the above posts....
I couldn't agree more.

Private Classifieds have died a lot in the past few years.
General section posts are for the most part, worthless.
The stance/slammed thing has gotten really crazy in the past few years, not just with 350Zs, but with damn near everything. I don't understand it, you sacrifice so much use-ability with eye candy mods like that. Not much I hate seeing more than a Z33 throwing sparks off the exhaust piping when cruising down a nearly level freeway.

Still though, I haven't given up on this Z community. There are still some quality posts and tons of information to be had on here. Especially for the Do-It-Yourself types.

On the bright side of things, the "ghetto" burger flipper Zs will not last long. Many will probably wind up wrapped around a guard rail or tree. Or simply break down due to abuse and poor maintenance. The more pure specimens will be left to survive (maybe). It's sad, but I think we are slowly seeing a repeat of the Z32's life story.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Hi dkmura, I like your Original Message on this thread… for several reasons, and also for the reasons you mention.

The Forum is very different than it was 6 to 12 years ago. A while ago we were discovering new things about the 350z (and yes, we had a lot of fun); now we are refining that information. I remember when the Audio-Video section was very active. Now it’s relatively quiet.

Please don’t give-up or quit on us. I read your posts and consider them valuable.
The following users liked this post:
palmerwmd (12-08-2018)
Old 04-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new generation just wants info handed to them; and yes the decline of value makes idiots able to afford them. I hate the crowd that the z is turning into.... I come on here for classifieds and events other then that other post frustrate me because of there lack of knowledge of anything automotive. 3 year z owner driving it 60000 miles @ 150000 miles daily driver.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:52 PM
darkgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed most of the old threads have non hosted pics anymore. I see so many of these cars on the road so I figured the classifieds would be sorta like ls1tech, kinda let down there. There are still a few good articles on this site and it is by far the best one on the net. So lets keep it going.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:19 PM
slow7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

makes me sad what happen to the Z, dont see any at the track as much as i use to, makes me want to sell mine but then again i dnt want an idiot trying to stance it out and detune it made me go back to the stock look and keeping it that way

Quick Reply: Declining expectations for My350Z posts