jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Where did you find that photo of me?!
He searched. jk
The following 2 users liked this post by jhc:
MicVelo (02-02-2018), zakmartin (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 04:15 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by jhc
He searched. jk
Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaa!

I was going to say that!!!!

SMTA!!!!!
Old 02-01-2018, 04:27 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Sorry, noob question, right?
Old 02-02-2018, 05:54 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

The forum is a reflection of real life. You just can't make this stuff up. You'd be hard-pressed to find a big difference between here and your physical community.
The following users liked this post:
Spike100 (02-15-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 08:12 AM
zakmartin

It's true. Travis walks around with a huge portfolio of photographs to metaphorically express his thoughts and feelings with people he encounters on the streets.
SmoothZ (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 08:26 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

It's true. Travis walks around with a huge portfolio of photographs to metaphorically express his thoughts and feelings with people he encounters on the streets.
BUUUUUUUUUUUUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Don't forget his Android tablet with bookmarks on YouToobee vids to show turbo wannabes his favorite vid.

The one along these lines...
Old 02-02-2018, 08:32 AM
LexD

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Recently became a member, long time G owner. Every issue I've dealt with over the past several years have all been covered over here and at G35Driver. Every mod I've installed, or uninstalled, every sensor that got changed, every service that's been required-- It's ALL HERE, explained, hashed out, shop manual, step-by-steps, part numbers, video tutorials... there's no real need to post.

There were days worth of reading the the Forced Induction for Noobs thread before, during, and after I first boosted. In my idle time I enjoy coming here and reading about other peoples woes and what they did to fix the problem, in case the problem ever pops up on my watch.

I don't know. Maybe you're just getting the lowest common denominator kind of posts because the more enlightened ones already have all the information at their finger tips, do the research and get the job done. I'd hope I'm not the exception.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexD:
Atreyu'z 350 (02-10-2018), zakmartin (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 08:40 AM
zakmartin

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Don't forget his Android tablet with bookmarks on YouToobee vids to show turbo wannabes his favorite vid.
That video reminds me of this My350Z oldie but goodie...

Atreyu'z 350 (02-10-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 12:23 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Classic lulz!
Old 02-02-2018, 01:55 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

That video reminds me of this My350Z oldie but goodie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6bAZmEEIb0
That's Trav's favorite vid I was hinting at. Just wanted some variety even though that one's still not played out! Hahahahahaha.

And I couldn't find that on YouTube. Don't know how to search.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:48 PM
zakmartin

It's like the first thing that pops up when you type "my350z.com" LOL!

I also found this new YouTube video. "thatbluezguy" gives a shout-out to my350z.com and talks a little bit about the noob issue. I did notice as he was scrolling through the list, my name popped up as the most recent posting to the "Declining Expectations" thread. I need to be more like Yoda and just beat on R2D2 with a stick.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:09 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

It's like the first thing that pops up when you type "my350z.com" LOL!

I also found this new YouTube video. "thatbluezguy" gives a shout-out to my350z.com and talks a little bit about the noob issue. I did notice as he was scrolling through the list, my name popped up as the most recent posting to the "Declining Expectations" thread. I need to be more like Yoda and just beat on R2D2 with a stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVB2AVbLr6c
I would totally agree with him on the infighting and most of all, the "read about your fixes, upgrades, etc from multiple people" and boil it down to consensus, trust, and ultimately experimentation and sometimes the frustration that comes with it. But if you do your homework, the satisfaction comes a lot more often than frustration.

Nice plugs for our vendors here too. And yup, his take on EBay... there's good stuff to be had and at fairly reasonable prices too.... so long as you know what you're looking at/for.

Oh, nice riffin' on his ax.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:25 PM
zakmartin

No kidding! I was impressed
Old 02-03-2018, 02:03 AM
drozzy

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would totally agree with him on the infighting and most of all, the "read about your fixes, upgrades, etc from multiple people" and boil it down to consensus, trust, and ultimately experimentation and sometimes the frustration that comes with it. But if you do your homework, the satisfaction comes a lot more often than frustration.

Nice plugs for our vendors here too. And yup, his take on EBay... there's good stuff to be had and at fairly reasonable prices too.... so long as you know what you're looking at/for.

Sometimes there isn't a consensus Mic.

I've been reading shocks threads up the ying yang and I know you'll recommend the Bilstein B12 pro kit for sporty dailying whether they come with the B6 or B8s, maybe a few words of wisdom on Koni Yellows... but how do you trust buddy from 2014 that had no issues whatsoever with D-specs? Oh but he didn't specify whether they were just the shocks or the whole god damn kit with springs, so that's useless. But hey scratch all that, we have another buddy here this time from two years ago who went for the cheap KYB Excel-G OEM replacements and absolutely loved them. How am I supposed to know buddy's driving habits + road conditions he drives on? I'm not.

Heaven forbid I post a new thread about shocks to replace OEMs on my 44K mile GT trim, it doesn't matter what I post - long (my UpRev thread) gets me **** all -minus a good exchange with dboyzalter, thank you- because hey TLDR and that's fine I suppose. Short (my post in the NWP 75mm TB thread) gets me some obscure reference to photos on a FX/M/Pathfinder forum that don't even relate to the topic at hand. Nice.

I mean, I even opened the door wide open for a "HA!" reply to me on Borla headers since I read tons of HEARSAY (no actual threads from 2004 with him in it) on here about David Borla himself admitting they make no power whatsoever..... NOTHING. Not a peep. Just dboy telling me some Borlas had the h-pipe cracked in the past, and I appreciate the feedback.

"I did find dynos that had headers as the only change between the before & after configurations, but none with the allegedly awful Borlas unfortunately."

"If you guys are crafty enough to link evidence of no-gain or negative results with just Borla headers as a before & after piece for a tuned setup I can get the Tomei's. The DC's apparently require the engine to be off its mounts for certain bolts to be tightened."

*crickets*

New members are not all 16 to 25, although I'm pretty sure that's you guys' expectation for every new name that pops up. Case in point being the Atreyu poster, who made a funny and recommended R compounds in a thread where I had researched street tires and asked for opinions - that gets you banned on some forums (HF Boards)... but oh nooo, my WTF response was not received well by you guys; something other forums (ESB, CHB, all boxing forums) have no issue with. So you're soooooomewhere in the middle for attitude. I'm 32 with two kids and on parental leave from the Forces until mid-March, lots of time to read up. I am polite and courteous towards members and feel like I've been short-changed on here due to collective frustration with young punks asking questions without using the great "site:my350z.com (part) (circumstances/context)" tool Google made available to us.

So how the hell am I supposed to ask you about OEM shock replacement in a nice way? Rears sound and feel worn out to me.
Should I maybe ask your son, who's perhaps maybe still riding on B6's?

/noob rant, the little one just woke up....
Old 02-05-2018, 12:29 PM
zakmartin

Originally Posted by drozzy
*crickets*

New members are not all 16 to 25

I'm 32

Old 02-05-2018, 02:21 PM
drozzy

Good point.

I'm an old 32 I must say, most of my colleagues are in their late 40s, some in their 50s and I listen to 1960~2004 rock that people my age have moved on from a long, long time ago.

The kids up here are probably driving them all into the ground. Trader.ca has National search numbers in the high 20s, low to mid 30s on any given day... Subarus and Hondas everywhere though, due to manuals and blowers.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:28 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by drozzy
Sometimes there isn't a consensus Mic.

<edit>

New members are not all 16 to 25, although I'm pretty sure that's you guys' expectation for every new name that pops up. Case in point being the Atreyu poster, who made a funny and recommended R compounds in a thread where I had researched street tires and asked for opinions - that gets you banned on some forums (HF Boards)... but oh nooo, my WTF response was not received well by you guys; something other forums (ESB, CHB, all boxing forums) have no issue with. So you're soooooomewhere in the middle for attitude. I'm 32 with two kids and on parental leave from the Forces until mid-March, lots of time to read up. I am polite and courteous towards members and feel like I've been short-changed on here due to collective frustration with young punks asking questions without using the great "site:my350z.com (part) (circumstances/context)" tool Google made available to us.

So how the hell am I supposed to ask you about OEM shock replacement in a nice way? Rears sound and feel worn out to me.
Should I maybe ask your son, who's perhaps maybe still riding on B6's?

/noob rant, the little one just woke up....
You're absolutely right, there may not always be a consensus. What works for one, certainly doesn't mean <whatever it is being discussed> it will be right for the next person.

But if you read through enough threads on the topic - not just here - there's going to be a few things mentioned that seem to be recurring OR.... not mentioned much at all indicating omission can be taken as something of a viewpoint as well.

One of those "omissions" happens to be KYB shocks. Never mind what I think of them but the fact that there aren't a lot of mentions of them means just as much as "Bilsteins are best" posts.

So no, "consensus" might not be the correctly worded syntax; but "more recommendations for a particular product" should enable something of a biasing factor towards said product.

Last edited by MicVelo; 02-05-2018 at 02:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MicVelo:
dkmura (02-05-2018), drozzy (02-05-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 04:26 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Im famous because I was on that YouTube video... Life goals.

I also have D.C. Headers, I noticed that while skimming that super long post I skimmed through.
zakmartin (02-06-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 05:15 AM
drozzy

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Im famous because I was on that YouTube video... Life goals.

I also have D.C. Headers, I noticed that while skimming that super long post I skimmed through.
I know. Your advice was based on past feedback on their TD exhaust h-pipe, valid and appreciated.

I found this the other day, circa 2003...

G35 coupe:

Originally Posted by bought
Thought everyone would like to know the gains that will be seen on their coupes if Borla headers are added. A dyno was done on my car before installation (car had injen CAI and Borla true dual exhaust (Coupe version NOT modified 350Z) ) then an after with Injen CAI, Borla true dual exhaust, and Borla headers. The results that David Borla told me (he said he'll get the sheets on Monday) were a gain of 8 HP. I hope this helps whoever may be looking in the market for good price\good performance parts.
Z33:

Originally Posted by arvin
My baseline dyno was 235 hp and after installing Borla headers and exhaust I dynoed at 248. My estimate on the headers would be about 6 hp but it sounds great.

I since then added an injen cai which makes the sound even better.

But I have to do it again, I won't buy the headers for the amount of money I have spent. Around $550 plus 3.5 hours install.

Also, I am not able to install the heat shield for the injen cai because it is suppose to attach to the stock headers.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:09 AM
zakmartin

Just when you start to think people can't possibly be less moronic...

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...d-exhaust.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Declining expectations for My350Z posts