Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Experience with Nissan of Huntington NY

Old 06-28-2015, 12:08 PM
07Nismo0577

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Experience with Nissan of Huntington NY

So here's my experience. I brought my 350z in for servicing due to a clicking noise in the rear axle which for whatever reason is a very common problem amongst 350 z's. Got the car back fairly quickly and was told by Brian they dropped the rear axles out, regreased them, and reinstalled them to proper torque specs. A month later the ticking noise returned so i dropped the car off and a few days later got the car back and Brian explained that they just performed the same procedure again. Another month later the clicking noise returns. I go back to Nissan and they ask me to drive one of their techs around the block to point out the problem. Upon returning to the dealership the tech states he noticed the clicking noise and asked me if i knew where the locking lug nut remover was for my wheels since i have locking lug nuts. I explained where in the trunk they were and ask the tech how they've been removing the wheel to drop out the axles if they couldn't remove the locking nut and he simply states they haven't been able to take the wheels off. To simplify this for those of you who may not know, you need to remove the wheel in order to remove the axle there is no way around it. So a few days later Brian from Nissan states they are unable to perform any work due to an after market wheel spacer on the car. At this point i know they're just making excuses because Brian had told me they dropped the wheel and axle twice which would've required them to remove the wheel spacer as well and now on the third time they're saying they can't perform the work due to the wheel spacer. So now after I'm left with a ticking rear axle and a nonrefundable bill (so they claim) for $230, i am currently disputing the charge with my credit card and will no longer bring my cars there for servicing or recommend that anyone else does also.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:50 PM
Zmandriving

You got to realize that Nissan wants to use their parts so any aftermarket part is going to be a problems with them. The lying is another thing to expect from Nissan dealer. I suggest finding a good mechanic that can work on your car. Clicking noise could be busted differential bushing. The big one in subframe is probably leaking. Polyurethane is your friend.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:57 PM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mileage on vehicle? Regreasing axle is a common problem, they do not put enough lube from factory which causes the tick. Don't go to a dealership... Over priced not any better then Ntb or Firestone. It's best to find a local import only garage or a business you can trust. Or afford another vehicle and fix the z yourself.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:39 PM
Steelcyclone

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Regreaseing the axles is a fairly easy and quick job. There's a DIY thread somewhere on here explaining how to do it. Takes basically no mechanical knowledge to do, just need to be able to follow some simple instructions. I knew nothing about cars when I bought my z 16 months ago and just by reading info I was able to regrease the axles, install coilovers, install rear camber arms, install a bbk and change all wheel bearing. Only thing I took my car to the shop for has been to install jwt clutch and flywheel.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:43 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

and you are upset why? do the work yourself and then you don't have to worry about spacers.

i have no sympathy since this is an easy fix
Old 06-28-2015, 04:41 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They will not work on any car due to the spacer - this is an insurance issue most shops will say that.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:02 PM
bubbleteaZ

Do they axle clicking yourself its pretty simple, like others said above theres instructions how how to do it , if a 17 year old can do it you can do it too. Don't go to dealerships or stealerships as they say, bring it to a local trusted spot. Good luck from cali
-BubbleTeaZ
Old 06-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Cookiezor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats exactly why i do things my self. and dont trust the dealer
Old 06-28-2015, 06:36 PM
CNunes_95

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Im out in the Ronkonkoma area of Long Island. But it's honestly ridiculous how the nissan dealership would provide you such horrible customer service. If you want, I have a mechanic out in my area. It's a local shop. He's a Z owner too, so I trust him working on my Z and have brought my car to him a couple times too. If you want any info on his shop for the future, shoot me a pm!

Last edited by CNunes_95; 06-28-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:16 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
and you are upset why? do the work yourself and then you don't have to worry about spacers.

i have no sympathy since this is an easy fix
Hey tough guy not everyone has the tume nor knowledge to work on their on cars. Smh
Old 06-28-2015, 07:19 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by CNunes_95
Im out in the Ronkonkoma area of Long Island. But it's honestly ridiculous how the nissan dealership would provide you such horrible customer service. If you want, I have a mechanic out in my area. It's a local shop. He's a Z owner too, so I trust him working on my Z and have brought my car to him a couple times too. If you want any info on his shop for the future, shoot me a pm!
Agreed. One would expect higher quality service from a dealer and auto maker as big as Nissan. Id complain to nissan consumer affairs to see if they cant get your money back and reprimand the dealership for this. GL.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:56 PM
ghost116

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull the spacer off and return to dealership? Lol
Old 06-30-2015, 09:18 PM
TitaniumT8

As a person who got shafted by a Nissan dealership when I bought my Z, I totally understand your anger. I never did, or will ever do, business with the Nissan dealership I originally went to ever again.

I'm kind of surprised by the replies on here with some people practically blaming you. The dealership clearly lied and basically stole money and time from you. I don't blame you for having an aftermarket wheel spacer and taking your vehicle there. I blame them for not telling the truth the first time.

As someone mentioned earlier, not everyone has the time or knowledge to do work themselves on their vehicles. That's why there are so many shops and mechanics. Not everyone feels comfortable doing it. I just wonder how many of you have taken your computers somewhere for service, called a plumber, or called any other maintenance man. Reading is reading, so if you can read directions on how to clean an axle you can read directions on how to fix your fridge or AC. That's not the point. The point is that this OP entrusted a "professional" to do service that he either didn't have time to learn and do himself, or he didn't feel comfortable doing. Why should've be blamed?

I've received a lot of info and support on this site, but it's comments like some of these that leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:55 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

I had similar unprofessional, fraudulent experiences at Nissan dealers & from Nissan USA. It's why my Z was my last Nissan.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:25 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by CNunes_95
What shop is that? I'm from that same area. It's always good when the owner/techs own the same vehicle that they're working on. The only shop I trust/bring my car to, the owner has specialized in the Z platform for years.

Last edited by Phenom; 07-02-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:32 PM
sauer420

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a bad experience at every Nissan dealer I've been to. There's a great Z place in Danbury CT called RDZ Motorsports. Pricey like a dealer, but high quality work unlike my dealer experiences.