Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top-5 most ticketed cars in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 01:32 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts
Default Top-5 most ticketed cars in the USA

Why does this not surprise me? For what it's worth, I haven't been ticketed yet (knock on wood) and my car is Nogaro Red. I think it's because I do 99 percent of my driving in the City of Seattle, where the cops are more worried about chasing drug dealers, rapists and thieves (we don't get a lot of murders here, despite popular perception.) I haven't seen a speed trap in YEARS.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Insurance.com recently did a study looking at traffic violation data by car model and while it’s difficult to prove a cause-effect relationship, significant patterns emerged.

“It’s the driver that gets the tickets, not the car,” Gusner said, in a company press release. “But it is interesting to see what vehicle makes and models attract drivers who are prone to traffic violations."

To wit, the company’s report found sporty cars like the Nissan 350Z and Dodge Charger had drivers with higher ticket rates. Drivers of luxury vehicles tended to have the fewest tickets, the study found.

1. Lexus ES 300 (33%)
2. Nissan 350Z (33%)
3. Dodge Charger SE/STX (32%)
4. Volkswagen Jetta GL (31%)
5. Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS/LT (31%)
The following users liked this post:
SonnyWu (03-01-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 02:26 PM
RWDBajan

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, the last two are a bit of a surprise...

http://www.insurance.com/auto-insura...t-tickets.html

I think, from looking at the methodology, that it's percentage of owners of these cars that have gotten tickets, which makes more sense. Explains the Jetta - probably a pimply college or high school kid's car.

Last edited by RWDBajan; 02-26-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:21 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Back in the late '80's I had 2 BMW M-Cars. A Henna Red M3 and a Black M5. I could get seeding tickets driving below the limit in the M3, but never a single ticket in the M5, even passing cops on the highway at well above the posted limit. 2-door v. 4-door, red v. black, big wing on the M3 v. none on the M5? Insurance rates were also much lower on the M5, which was very likely a 2-door v. 4-door thing.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:16 AM
onebentvalve

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No surprise here at all, in the past few years the Z has become more attainable (that's why I have one) to a less responsible crowd. In addition even a stock 03 base looks like its moving 60mph sitting still. I have been doing a really good job saving all of my fun driving for Autox, and the mountains. I putz around town when I drive my Z because I like keeping my premium low.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:38 AM
soc_monki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive had my Z for over 2 years and havent had one bit of trouble from police. i do drive a little above the speed limit on the highway (but still get passed), but other than that i dont drive like a douche. problem is a lot of younger people are getting these cars and acting like the streets are their racetrack. seen a lot of wrecked Z's lately on the 350z Facebook page, and while some are parking lot hit and runs, and some are legit accidents, there are those who are obviously people who did stupid things when they shouldnt have.

will i ever get a ticket in my Z? i dont know. my only speeding ticket was in a 1987 Honda Accord LXi! years and years ago when i first started driving. if a cop wants to pull me over and give me a ticket for going 5 over the limit ill take my lumps and go to driving school or whatever they have to get it taken care of.

thinking about it, i did get flashed by an officer once, when i was admittedly going a bit fast on a rural 2 lane road. 10 over i think (35 zone). just wasnt paying attention going to work at 5 in the morning. lol