Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Driver seat wear

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 01:52 PM
trains1937

Received 116 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Driver seat wear

I have had and have wear on the fabric on the outer driver seat bolster. First time was a few years ago on the seatback and I had the fabric replaced. Cost me about $200. Despite being careful about how I enter the car there is wear developing on the fabric on the bottom as well as the back area. It's going to take a lot more work to replace the fabric. Probably be a hell of a lot more expensive and who knows how it will wear again. I have been considering a seat cover and wanted the opinion of others on the board. Are covers worth it? Do they fit well and look good? How about wear? There is a company called Carid that makes a line of covers for the Z. Anybody have experience with them or any other company? All advice gratefully appreciated.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:31 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Bob- sorry to hear about your seat cover. The fabric on my seat seems to be holding up well, but I also replaced them with seats from an '06 model. Outside of getting opinions on what people like or don't like, the seat covers I've seen look at bit too rubbery or plasticky for my taste.
The following 2 users liked this post by dkmura:
35th4me (06-25-2016), trains1937 (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 04:16 PM
kbailey91

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trains1937
I have had and have wear on the fabric on the outer driver seat bolster. First time was a few years ago on the seatback and I had the fabric replaced. Cost me about $200. Despite being careful about how I enter the car there is wear developing on the fabric on the bottom as well as the back area. It's going to take a lot more work to replace the fabric. Probably be a hell of a lot more expensive and who knows how it will wear again. I have been considering a seat cover and wanted the opinion of others on the board. Are covers worth it? Do they fit well and look good? How about wear? There is a company called Carid that makes a line of covers for the Z. Anybody have experience with them or any other company? All advice gratefully appreciated.
Hey I am going to be listing my seats for sale. Excellent condition, rebuilt foam and all, from an 07 base model, and they have covers on them from interior innovations. Black leather outers, black suede Middles, and a teal double diamond stitching.. hit me up if you want to buy or see pics
Old 06-25-2016, 05:26 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

My seats are not mint by any stretch of the imagination but they held up well considering their 04 vintage... If it bothered me however I would defiantly consider a nice cover like these ones.https://my350z.com/forum/north-east-...at-covers.html

I would consider getting new seats also but I really enjoy the heated leather seats even if they do get burning hot on sunny days...
Old 06-26-2016, 09:20 AM
adamantiam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats

Originally Posted by kbailey91
Hey I am going to be listing my seats for sale. Excellent condition, rebuilt foam and all, from an 07 base model, and they have covers on them from interior innovations. Black leather outers, black suede Middles, and a teal double diamond stitching.. hit me up if you want to buy or see pics
How's it going, are the seats still available? Where are you located?
Old 06-27-2016, 06:28 AM
kbailey91

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantiam
How's it going, are the seats still available? Where are you located?
all is well, yes they are for sale still. i am in AZ.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:54 AM
bad boyz

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

check with interior-innovations.com there one of our sponsors here you can get seat covers that definitely look OEM and not that cheesy or cheap look, either in leather or synthetic leather or suede cloth you can also customize the colors to match your car or whatever color scheme you like.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:34 PM
n0smoke

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I worked for a dealership that sent new vehicles up to an installer that replaced the cloth seat covers with Katzkin leathers- either "OEM match", or the style of the customers choosing. They looked better than the factory leather and held up really nicely as well. When mine wear out that's the route I'm going to take.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I installed Katzkin leather seat covers 2 years ago, and they still look new.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...nt-orange.html

You do not need to worry about wear on the driver’s seat bolsters with Katzkin leather seats.