Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

fair price to sell a 700 hp twin turbo 350z?

Old 06-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by lifekenophobic
So within less than a year, you went from asking what tools you need to install front upper controls arms, to having a built 700 horsepower 350z that you apparently built yourself? l-o-l. Pictures and a dyno sheet or it didn't happen.

Oh, and pictures of this new Lambo/GTR as well... I'm assuming we won't hear back on those either.
The kid is 100% R-E_tarded
Old 06-30-2016, 11:54 AM
RichV

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry I have to say it, but that has to be the ugliest "gold digger" with a huge *** I have ever seen in that second video...LOL
The following users liked this post:
Cux350z (06-30-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 12:43 PM
lifekenophobic

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Justin's "inner circle".

The following 2 users liked this post by lifekenophobic:
samsniss350z (08-22-2016), Unicus (07-01-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 12:48 PM
TeamZleep

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Every heavily modified car I've sold, I ended up toning it down a LOT, or damn near parting it completely out. Only exception has been my s30 turbo swaps... Everyone loves those.

Honestly, everytime I saw "turbo 350z!!!" on a sale thread/CL/wherever when looking for my 350, I immediately passed on them. You know they've been beat to **** at some point. Unless the person is completely transparent about the car and it's history (I.E. You know them and the car's history), It's 99.999999% a polished turd.

If the car was built right, you wouldn't be selling it.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:15 PM
dSpaceman

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MyZ32TT
Most buyers now are high school and college kids who most likely wont have 17k cash because a bank won't loan them the money.
College student here, I second that
Old 06-30-2016, 06:08 PM
rearranged

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by NiLL
You claim you are selling it after 500 miles? so for you as a seller you think low milage engine someone will want this. As a buyer I think, you spent 20k in addition to the price of the car for all this and you didn't even drive it though the break in period, something is massively ****ed up.
This. I don't know you or anything about you, but the fact that you're selling it with only 500 miles on the motor after building it throws up big red flags everywhere. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by rearranged; 06-30-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:33 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

If I had the $$$ to purchase a Lamborghini, my old 350Z would pretty much be an afterthought at that point. I'd drive it up the the dealership and just let them deal with it.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:37 PM
m_0g

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not an expert on the subject, but my impression is that you'd be able to get way more money from the car if you take the mods out, and then sell them and the car separately. That said, I can understand not wanting to take the time to do that. I think the people looking to have a car modded like that most likely don't want to buy it pre-built, but I could see you getting close to your asking price if you're patient and wait to find the right person.

If I was looking at that car I'd consider it slightly risky; I'd assume it wasn't owned by the old guy down the street that's driving his Z the speed limit for just a couple thousand km a year. So although I think there's value added from the mods, a lot of that is offset by the fact that that means the car is almost certainly being put under more stress and being driven harder than otherwise. I'd guess you could get rid of it reasonably fast if you would settle for closer to $15k, otherwise I think you might be waiting a while.

Best of luck, I'm curious what you'll be able to get for it.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:42 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Looking at his post history it seems he claims he ran into piston contact with something in his motor (just skimmed didn't really look hard).

Either bs tall tale or true. Either way red flag and not going to help him.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:42 PM
Xzero

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mean to be rude but your story is a little strange...

If I could afford a new lambo or GTR, I wouldn't be worried about the difference of a few thousand on the sale of my car.

I also wouldn't be waiting to sell a car that is going to be about 1/30 of the cost of the Lambo, I would just purchase the lambo. Why worry about a thousand or 2 difference from your 350z sale if you have 1/4 million cash or credit to drop on the Lambo?

From the information given, my thoughts are that your 350z wasn't built properly and you are aware of this so you're trying to sell before the loss is too great. You will end up with the money to buy your next project and whoever buys your 350z will most likely end up with a headache inducing money pit.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:02 PM
m_0g

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know what's so surprising about someone who's looking to buy an expensive car caring about their Z's resale value; people don't typically come to be in such a position without being smart about their money.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

so basically i prefer to sell it as one entire car because me having to take everything apart is exhausting not to mention if i decide to sell my built longblock i have to purchase another motor to put inside my car......very time consuming to take everything apart.....
Old 07-01-2016, 03:28 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by m_0g
I don't know what's so surprising about someone who's looking to buy an expensive car caring about their Z's resale value; people don't typically come to be in such a position without being smart about their money.

Old 07-01-2016, 04:16 AM
HCO_surfer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin100
so basically i prefer to sell it as one entire car because me having to take everything apart is exhausting not to mention if i decide to sell my built longblock i have to purchase another motor to put inside my car......very time consuming to take everything apart.....
Oh common. Post pics of your current engine setup and dyno if it's really boosted.

You simply will not find a buyer for your headache. Selling after 500 miles when you did the work is basically saying you messed up. There is no way you put all that time and money into it just to sell.

I've seen locally a twin turbo z and the guy can't get rid of it. I would like most other buyers only purchase a stock z. But if I found out it was boosted at any point I would pass.

Also you're either a troll or high schooler... Your sentence structure is poor and you don't capitalize "I" or first words of your sentences.

Last edited by HCO_surfer; 07-01-2016 at 04:20 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:22 AM
Colorado04Vert

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Xzero
I don't mean to be rude but your story is a little strange...

If I could afford a new lambo or GTR, I wouldn't be worried about the difference of a few thousand on the sale of my car.

I also wouldn't be waiting to sell a car that is going to be about 1/30 of the cost of the Lambo, I would just purchase the lambo. Why worry about a thousand or 2 difference from your 350z sale if you have 1/4 million cash or credit to drop on the Lambo?

From the information given, my thoughts are that your 350z wasn't built properly and you are aware of this so you're trying to sell before the loss is too great. You will end up with the money to buy your next project and whoever buys your 350z will most likely end up with a headache inducing money pit.
Ding ding ding. I say this because I AM in the market for a GTR in the nwzt ~10 months, but I want to finish my fun projects first. ( lifted jeep, and my 2jz build, and well.. this new 350z build)

OP. If you're concerned with a few thousand, you obviously don't have money in the bank to pay cash. So you will finance the car, and even with 13k down, you're looking at cars that are $100k+

I truly dont think you know what the payment is on $100k over 4-5 years. With 0% interest you're looking at over $1500 a month, then tack on insurance. You're looking $1700 a month, so let's just assume at bare minimum 4% financing, and insurance. $2000 a MONTH for the car, and you're worried about losing $2000 on a car sale?

Fact: most people that can actually afford super cars aren't worried about 2 grand.

I mean we all have hopes and dreams, and I know you'd love to have a Huracan, or 1000hp GTR... But you're not going from a car that costs 5 grand to a car 20 times that.

I'd honestly venture to guess that there are only ~5%... MAYBE that have $2000+ a month of extra income to just blow on this forum. As other have said in this thread most 350z owners are younger kids, so us guys >30 are few and far between it seems. Hell the only reason I have the car is I live in Colorado and wanted a fun mountain car, and I can't fit in a Miata lol... Oh... and me personally, I wouldn't be buying a car if I had to finance $2000 a month for it. I would wait til I had an enormous chuck of change to knock that number way down.

Last edited by Colorado04Vert; 07-01-2016 at 05:35 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado04Vert:
abarclay (07-02-2016), WYZIWYG (07-01-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 06:50 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^ agree with Xzero and C4V. OP, you have pretty much ensured that anyone on this site that does their research will not buy your car, even for KBB. All that can be said has been. This thread is ready to be closed.

As a closing note, I do believe there are boosted gems out there, mine is one ;-) and I have followed a few other nice builds, mostly from shops but a few self built that I would trust. If I were to sell mine (hopefully never), I would expect maybe $2-3k over KBB for being unique. 20k fun miles now over 2 years on a Dynosty built 800 whp motor with a powerband from 3500-7500. Nothing stock on the market compares. I will never build a car again as I do not have the patience to go through that again - and it certainly is costly. I might buy a well built modified car, but I'd be looking for one heck of a deal on a gem. That is just the way the market is.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Justin100

i know a lot of people who own 10 million dollar homes in hawaii and many that make well over 250k+ a year.

i know people who are real wasteful with money and act like they got money they own omega watches that they dont even wear. they are straight up bankrupted, car repossessed, and house foreclosed.

i know people who were partners at deloitte & touche and now have their own practice and they dont wear a rolex watch they wear a casio watch.

my original question was what is the fair price that i can get rid of my car for. and the idea of me penny pinching and automatically assuming i am unable to afford a car 20x that amount is an incredibly poor assumption.

you dont become wealthy by being wasteful with your resources. hell i can just give my car away but to me that would not make any good sense. just because i have deep pockets doesnt mean i dont continue to bargain it justs smart thinking to spend and save your money WISELY. i know plenty of chinese people who are super rich that go into prada and straight up bargain.

if you have a lot of money and decide to be real wasteful and glance over expenses and not care and just spend frivolously i call that ni99a rich. search up NFL players that go broke.

believe or not believe it doesnt matter to me what you think.

if you ever read about warren buffet would you assume hes poor? i mean when he got remarried to astrid menks did you know he had a real modest wedding ceremony? at his daughters house and from my understanding he did not buy a super crazy expensive ring. and hes worth billions buddy.

i dont know most of you. and i don't see the point in me having to prove myself to people i dont even intimately know in real life. at the end of the day you don't know whats in my bank account.

Last edited by Justin100; 07-01-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Justin100

and lastly this is a forum as long as the message gets across thats all that matters.

were not in some spelling bee here or even writing out entrance essays to college here. its a car forum its OK TO BE INFORMAL.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Colorado04Vert

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin100
i know a lot of people who own 10 million dollar homes in hawaii and many that make well over 250k+ a year.

i know people who are real wasteful with money and act like they got money they own omega watches that they dont even wear. they are straight up bankrupted, car repossessed, and house foreclosed.

i know people who were partners at deloitte & touche and now have their own practice and they dont wear a rolex watch they wear a casio watch.

my original question was what is the fair price that i can get rid of my car for. and the idea of me penny pinching and automatically assuming i am unable to afford a car 20x that amount is an incredibly poor assumption.

you dont become wealthy by being wasteful with your resources. hell i can just give my car away but to me that would not make any good sense. just because i have deep pockets doesnt mean i dont continue to bargain it justs smart thinking to spend and save your money WISELY. i know plenty of chinese people who are super rich that go into prada and straight up bargain.

if you have a lot of money and decide to be real wasteful and glance over expenses and not care and just spend frivolously i call that ni99a rich. search up NFL players that go broke.

believe or not believe it doesnt matter to me what you think.

if you ever read about warren buffet would you assume hes poor? i mean when he got remarried to astrid menks did you know he had a real modest wedding ceremony? at his daughters house and from my understanding he did not buy a super crazy expensive ring. and hes worth billions buddy.

i dont know most of you. and i don't see the point in me having to prove myself to people i dont even intimately know in real life. at the end of the day you don't know whats in my bank account.
Honestly, I don't care who you know. I've worked in the oil industry for years, and my last boss owned the Cleveland Browns. What's your point? Just because you know people with money doesn't you have the money. Hell most people with money are surrounded by leg humpers and money grubbers

Also, I have plenty of watches I don't wear as watch collecting is another one of my hobbies, and I have no foreclosures. So quit with the assumptions of thinking people with nice stuff are broke.

You also don't become wealthy by modding $5000 Nissan 350z's. I'm flat out TELLING YOU, you're not going from a KBB'ed car of $5k that you're going to lose money on to $250k super car.

As I said I'm in the market for a GTR after I finish my projects ( a used one at that) which will be in the $60-$70k range. But I also have 4 cars now and there honestly isn't a point. And even I know, I'm not going from an IS300, or a 350z straight to a Lambo or a 1000hp GTR. Sure if I sold all my cars I could afford one, but I'm never the type to only have one vehicle as I would get bored and sell it too quick, so I wait until I KNOW if I lost my job or if something happened i have enough funds laying around to either pay for the car in full, or get out from under it.

You might think you have a lot of the young kids fooled, but there are people here who actually KNOW the financial aspect of owning expensive cars and everything that comes with it.

Last edited by Colorado04Vert; 07-01-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Justin100

I find it to be quite hilarious that people automatically ASSUME my car is broken because I am selling it at 500 miles. This is 500 miles not including the break in miles.

People who make an assumption based on seeing a number doesn’t know **** about cars and can tell immediately that your not a real car enthusiast.

I bought a second car while I was working on this one. And I prefer driving my quiet and comfortable suv around town that I have grown quite fond of that I don’t attract attention from police.

My z is really loud and the v1 coilovers are really stiff with no adjustable dampening so it’s pretty rough on unpaved roads which is uncomfortable as **** and I get lots of attention from police.

I don’t drive my z as a daily anymore its on rare occasions when I feel like driving it that’s why I have such low amount of miles on it.

A person who knows a thing or two about cars doesn’t look at the mileage and automatically assume that the car must be broken. They actually do this thing called INSPECTION. I usually inspect cars very carefully by checking EVERYTHING if something doesn’t FUNCTION RIGHT then I think something is BROKEN and write it down and describe it to the seller if I don’t like what I see I walk away simple as that…….

Search this Thread