Can we have a Craigslist "Z Funnies" thread? - Page 9 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Go Back  MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion > General > 2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Reload this Page >

Can we have a Craigslist "Z Funnies" thread?

Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Can we have a Craigslist "Z Funnies" thread?

Old 08-13-2018, 09:39 AM
travlee
Master

Thanked 5,832 Times in 4,017 Posts

i sold mine for $14k with half of those miles
Old 08-13-2018, 11:16 AM
Heel Til I Die

Right? And that was also like... how many years ago?

To this guy's credit, he has put a fairly decent amount of money into it, but people need to realize you never get your mod money back. At least he didn't itemize the cost of everything like some people on CL.

From the ad:

This is a 2007 Nissan 350z. 6 speed manual transmission. I am the 2nd owner. No accidents, non smoker car. The first owner was the wife of a co-worker of mine who drove it to work and back everyday. I am selling this in order to put a down payment on a larger vehicle for my growing family. I have the title in hand and it is free and clear.

This car is 100% reliable. I drive it 4 miles to work and back per day, I warm it up for 10 minutes before I drive it, I use amsoil synthetic and I have cared the other components of this vehicle as well since I bought it in 2011. In the summer I even have a nice thick custom tailored carcover that I put on the car everyday while it is outside at work to protect the paint, interior and headlights from the UV rays of the sun. The seats are in great condition, no rips or tears.

The engine modification consists of twin Ingen longtube intakes a full motordyne exhaust (header back), and an UpRev tune by soho Motorsports in Charlotte. This 350z has the more powerful higher revving "HR" engine, which was produced only in 2007 and 2008. This car will do 75 mph in 2nd gear, and produces 302hp at the wheels. I modified this car with the intent of keeping it reliable - and it is just as reliable as your mom's toyota camry.

More on the exhaust: has Motordyne "ART" pipes as well as a Motordyne TDX V2 exhaust. This is the perfect exhaust setup if you want your 350z to sound like a Ferrari, which this one does. This exhaust setup also produces the most power gains out of any other exhaust on the market, and the intakes are also the highest horsepower gaining intakes that you can get for a 350z with the HR engine.

This 350z also has a Quaife A.T.B. (Automatic Torque Biasing) Rear differential with a nismo aluminum diff cover to help keep it cool and polyurethane bushings have been installed as well to keep power more direct. This is the most amazing upgrade, as it allows the car to do things that most cars cannot do. I run Red Line gear fluid in it, and it performs marvelously. It does not have clutches or electronics, so it is purely mechanical and does not need maintenance.

The suspension is Stance USA's SuperSport+ Pro coilovers with SPC rear camber arms and SPC front camber arms. The coilovers come with shorter springs as well if you want to lower the car more than it is now. The front SPC camber arms allow you to adjust camber as well as caster.

The wheels are Forgestar F14, 19x9.5 in front and 19x11 in the rear. They were custom ordered specifically for this car, and they have custom offsets of +10mm in front and +18mm in the rear. These wheels are lighter than stock and make a difference in how the car feels off the line as well as exiting a corner. Braking distance has also been shortened as well. They have been powdercoated "gloss metallic gold". The powdercoat finish is very durable and resists scratching. If you dont like the gold color, you can always finish them in a different color or plasti-dip them, or sell them, as these wheels are very desirable - since they take 3 months to make them once you order them, and most people are not willing to wait that long, so selling a nice set such as this will not be difficult. The tires and wheels do not interfere with the fenders or suspension components, they do not rub on anything no matter how hard you drive, the fitment is perfect.

The tires that are on the car now have about 2,000 miles on them. Achilles ATR sport 2 (official tire of Formula Drift) and they are very good indeed.

The sound system in the stock Nissan 350z is famous for being terrible...so In this 350z every speaker has been replaced with kicker speakers and a kicker subwoofer and a kicker amp has been added behind the drivers seat in the factory location, as well as a double-DIN Kenwood headunit. The whole system was installed by a professional and everything has been installed in the factory location using the factory speaker grilles so it looks stock and sounds amazing. The double DIN Kenwood headunit is color matched to the other interior lights and the base is adjustable with a small **** stored inside the center console, which also looks factory installed. The headunit works great with your smartphone and Pandora. Also, all of the metal surfaces around the subwoofer hidden beneath the factory interior panels have been sound deadened as well as in the doors and the metal area under the spare tire, so that when the base hits there is no rattles of any kind. Just pure music.

The headlights have been restored only last year with new clear lenses and fitted with new upgraded HID bulbs, polished clear glass projectors, and amber halos. The halos have been wired to a OEM looking switch on the dash that was installed in a factory location. All the wiring has been tucked away and professionally installed as well.

Other upgrades include:

Optima yellowtop battery - compact, will last you for a long time

Personal/Nardi Italian leather steering wheel with quick release (I also have a grip royal wooden steering wheel that is show in one of the pictures of the interior you can also choose if you so desire)

Whiteline Front and Rear swaybars - keep body roll at a minimum

Powergrid front and Rear endlinks - very heavy duty, wont break.

Z-speed stainless steel undershroud - has a trap door for oil changes, looks amazing compared to the crappy plastic one

Carbon Fiber engine cover - for good looks

Urethane INGS+1 front lip - for good looks
Old 09-04-2018, 08:16 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,390 Posts

OK, not directly Z related but....

Don't bother, I'm already on my way!
Old 09-06-2018, 11:04 AM
achampagne

And here we have a beautiful Ashon Martin 350z. I wonder if Ashton Martin is like a sister company to Aston Martin.
The Following User Says Thank You to achampagne For This Useful Post:
RobPhoboS (12-05-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 01:38 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by achampagne View Post

And here we have a beautiful Ashon Martin 350z. I wonder if Ashton Martin is like a sister company to Aston Martin.
Person sure spent a lot to make his Z look like an '05 Thunderbird.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:52 AM
Heel Til I Die

Poor Z... seller cooks his clutch doing pink smoky burnouts for his gender reveal and then realizes a two-seater is no longer practical for an expanding family.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:56 PM
icer5160

Besides that, he's asking 4800 for an 03. Yeah....poor Z.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:39 PM
mr. sparco

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Person sure spent a lot to make his Z look like an '05 Thunderbird.
Damd made an AM inspired front end. I don't recall anyone on here buying it though, even at the height of this forum and everyone was rushing to be the first to mod their Z with jdm parts. Now its who can outdo each other with ebay exhausts and suspension.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:23 AM
tokyo-joe

Originally Posted by mr. sparco View Post
Old 12-13-2018, 06:03 AM
Heel Til I Die

"... and the headlights work but they are dim."

Hey genius... maybe that's because you tinted them?
Old 12-17-2018, 04:25 PM
icer5160

Default More Bay Area rip-offs

First we have the Bat Mobile. Advertised as a "Track" edition when a quick VIN decoder check shows it's a touring package 03. It's obvious by the brakes and interior that this is no track edition, the body work looks questionable at best. I doubt this scam lot will ever get close to 8k for this thing.

Next we have the "Fairlady Edition". Which I can only surmise is what the owner calls his Z since this is clearly not an import. The fake chrome trim is an especially nice touch. Apparently it's also supercharged, but not a single picture of the engine bay is offered (Edit: I looked very close at the front grill and it does appear to have a front mount intercooler on it).

Last, the spoiler alert. This Z looks bone stock except for the front chin spoiler and rear WING which is absolutely massive.

Last edited by icer5160; 12-17-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:36 PM
icer5160

Super clean panel lines. But I think the Cylons want their bro back.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:16 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Icer's picks of the day all carry the same theme.

#preyingonthestupid

Sadly, some fools are probably gonna buy these.

Then we'll see 'em on here a week or so after they get 'em asking some fool question without first researching. Sigh....

Old 12-17-2018, 05:24 PM
BluestreamDE
Pay it Forward

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Then we'll see 'em on here a week or so after they get 'em asking some fool question without first researching. Sigh....
My Z make funny noises like bang ping dong, whats wrong? Send many helpz plz
Old 12-17-2018, 05:26 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by BluestreamDE View Post
My Z make funny noises like bang ping dong, whats wrong? Send many helpz plz
C'mon, did you even search the bang ping dong thread??
The Following User Says Thank You to MicVelo For This Useful Post:
BluestreamDE (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 06:03 PM
icer5160

Another diamond in the rough. A special edition Nismo Roadster. Grandma is balling on Nitrogen filled tires!

Old 01-18-2019, 02:42 PM
Heel Til I Die

So... this person is clearly confused. Titled as a 350Z. Calls it a 370Z in the description. And then lists it as a 300ZX.

Oh, and he forgot to mention that custom truck interior conversion

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d...797964877.html

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: