Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My 10 Year 350z Journey IG: amused350z

Old 01-30-2017, 11:58 AM
chinkymrsettles

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 10 Year 350z Journey IG: amused350z

Hey everyone! I've been a member of these forums for damn near as long as I've owned my 350z. These forums have helped me tremendously throughout the past 10 years. In 2007 I was actually shopping for a volvo s60r and i was unable to find one with the ground effects and manual transmission in my price range. The girl i was dating at the time suggested I look at the 350z. I wasn't a huge fan when they first came out as I felt they were a little feminine. That changed drastically when I test drove one. I instantly fell in love!

I was 19 when I purchased my 2003 Performance edition 350z. I had no idea what made it a performance edition when I bought it but I know it was the fastest car I had ever driven. The first thing I did was purchase an axleback exhaust (greddy spectrum elite) then I added some HR 350z wheels. This is about one year after I bought her.

I was hooked on modding this car but didn't really have the funds to do it. I knew one day I would build the dream car I've always wanted. A few years later I picked up some Racing Hart J5 wheels for $500 on the Mid A marketplace. I also picked up some BC Racing coil overs for a decent price. At this time I wanted to make a major change so I purchased a replica Amuse body kit. I went to a local body shop and had everything installed by a close friend of mine. Here is what it looked like about 4 years ago.

At this point I started getting bigger into shows and meets. I met a local car club called National G Club and I started going to every event I could find. NGC really opened my eyes to how big the car scene really was in the Mid Atlantic. I knew I had to step it up if I wanted to place in anything beyond local shows. I picked up a set of Volk GTC 20's from a fellow NGC member and had them refinished. I then had my car wrapped Avery Bright Blue Metallic. I noticed my stock brakes were hideous so I upgraded to the 370z brakes. I also installed airlift V2 air suspension with performance struts. Here is what my car looked like a little over 1 year ago.

At this point I realized I've gone too far to stop now. I had Hills garage install a Vortech V3 kit and the car made 436whp on the 3.33 pulley. Below are two pictures from this past show season.

This is my current Mod List:

Performance:
Motordyne 5/16” Copper Iso Thermal Plenum Spacer
Vortech V3 Supercharger Kit
Tial BOV
Weapon R Coolant Reservoir
Wrinkle Black Powder Coated Intake Manifold
PPE Racing Long Tube Headers
Motordyne XYZ Pipe with Resonator
Tomei Expreme TI Titanium Y-Pipe back Exhaust
ACT Street Lite FLywheel
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
Uprev Tune By Frank Hill from Hills Garage making 436whp

Suspension & Brakes:
Cusco Front Strut Bar
Akebono 14” Big Brake Kit
SPL Rear Camber Arms
SPL Front Upper Control Arms
GTSpec Rear Lower Tie Brace
Airlift Performance Struts
Airlift V2 Management

Exterior:
Powerhouse Amuse Front Bumper
Powerhouse Amuse Side Skirts
Powerhouse Amuse Rear Add On
Shine Auto Project Front Diffuser
Shine Auto Project Muffler Guard
INGS Rear Duckbill Wing
Ambit Winter Wheels

Interior:
Pioneer Touch Screen Head Unit
JL Audio 6” Speakers
2 Kicker 10” Subwoofers
500W Kicker Amp
Custom Sub Box under Strut Tower
Tomei Shift ****
Nismo Floor Mats

As of today I am loading up on car parts for the next phase of my build. I have Do Luck wide body fender sitting in my basement. I have brand new AG F221 19" wheels, Braum Seats and harnesses, Graffiti Motorsports Harness Bar, Side Splitters, and I'm sure a few other things I'm Forgetting about to go on. We peeled the wrap and this is how it's currently sitting waiting for the wide body to go on.

If you would like to follow my build I post everything on my Instagram @amused350z

I am also open to answering any questions you guys may have. It's time I give back to this community that has shown me so much love over the past 10 years!

Last edited by chinkymrsettles; 01-31-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:58 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Nice dude! These are always great threads to see. It's just fun to look back and see all the different versions a car goes through. The power isn't anything crazy, but a stock Z at 19 can be hairy. Props for making it through lol.

Too lazy to search...is the Tomei Extreme a single? That thing has to sound like a beast with the PPE long tubes Got any vids?

The Do Luck is going to look sick man, going hard to the JDM paint
The following users liked this post:
chinkymrsettles (02-02-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 02:00 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Looks good Clay best of luck with the widebody... Cute pit looks like a good boy.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:20 PM
chinkymrsettles

Originally Posted by abarclay
Nice dude! These are always great threads to see. It's just fun to look back and see all the different versions a car goes through. The power isn't anything crazy, but a stock Z at 19 can be hairy. Props for making it through lol.

Too lazy to search...is the Tomei Extreme a single? That thing has to sound like a beast with the PPE long tubes Got any vids?

The Do Luck is going to look sick man, going hard to the JDM paint
Yeah it is ear piercing. It legitimately hurts people who may be standing near my exhaust when I Rev or take off. Here is a video with the ppe headers. I have some other videos on my page when I had berk test pipes and stock headers. Have yet to do any flyby or exhaust videos yet. I plan on it when the weather is nicer. I appreciate the love man!!

The following 2 users liked this post by chinkymrsettles:
abarclay (01-30-2017), BluestreamDE (01-31-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 02:22 PM
chinkymrsettles

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Looks good Clay best of luck with the widebody... Cute pit looks like a good boy.
Thank you so much! She looks pretty fierce but she's a big baby lol.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:26 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

That's really good power with the 3.33 pulley. Looks great too
Old 01-30-2017, 04:47 PM
chinkymrsettles

Originally Posted by CJM
That's really good power with the 3.33 pulley. Looks great too
I made 396 in the middle of the summer in 100 degree weather with stock headers and berk test pipes. This was a month ago in 30 degree weather with the ppe headers. I'm sure the weather has a lot to do with it as I was hitting 11lbs of boost on the stock pulley.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:21 PM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Looking good!
Old 01-30-2017, 06:37 PM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Great to see you on here, car will be pretty badass when you put the do luck kit on.
Speaking of a rolling exhaust shot I need one as well, we should hit the Bmore tunnel when the weather starts improving!
Old 01-30-2017, 06:58 PM
chinkymrsettles

Originally Posted by ZMoneyPIT
Great to see you on here, car will be pretty badass when you put the do luck kit on.
Speaking of a rolling exhaust shot I need one as well, we should hit the Bmore tunnel when the weather starts improving!
As soon as both of our winter projects are over we definitely need to get together to do some videos and pictures. I better see you at a couple how's this season. Just come to the fun ones at race tracks with me lol.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:05 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

Very nice build. Mind sharing which trim Vortech blower you are using with the 3.33 pulley (Sci, SI, etc)? Stock cog setup?

Last edited by BluestreamDE; 01-31-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:17 AM
chinkymrsettles

Originally Posted by BluestreamDE
Very nice build. Mind sharing which trim Vortech blower you are using with the 3.33 pulley (Sci, SI, etc)? Stock cog setup?
I have a completely stock Vortech V3 SCI kit. Only change I made was a Tial Blow Off Valve because my exhaust was too loud to hear the blower lol.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:22 AM
BluestreamDE

Nice numbers with just the SCi and 3.33 pulley, usually stock kits make 7-8psi at redline for DEs. Are you revving higher than that?

I also run the Tial Q, i know exactly what you mean. It's very loud between shifts at WOT and just idling for me. I'm running longtubes as well
Old 01-31-2017, 09:02 AM
chinkymrsettles

Nice numbers with just the SCi and 3.33 pulley, usually stock kits make 7-8psi at redline for DEs. Are you revving higher than that?

I also run the Tial Q, i know exactly what you mean. It's very loud between shifts at WOT and just idling for me. I'm running longtubes as well
It was peaking at 11 during that video. It was very cold outside though, like 30 degrees. When I was tuned in 100 degree weather I was peaking at 9psi and only made 396. But that was before headers, but I was told headers should actually decrease power lol. The Tial Q is a MUST on this kit IMO.
BluestreamDE (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 11:15 AM
BluestreamDE

Originally Posted by chinkymrsettles
...but I was told headers should actually decrease power lol. The Tial Q is a MUST on this kit IMO.
On a Positive dispacement or Centrifugal Supercharger setup, alot like NA as well, exhaust modifications help to flow exhaust gasses more efficiently. It's normal with a more free flowing exhaust system to show a lower boost level, because there is less resistance to the airflow, but in turn more power will be gained especially in the mid range all the way to redline.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:35 AM
chinkymrsettles

On a Positive dispacement or Centrifugal Supercharger setup, alot like NA as well, exhaust modifications help to flow exhaust gasses more efficiently. It's normal with a more free flowing exhaust system to show a lower boost level, because there is less resistance to the airflow, but in turn more power will be gained especially in the mid range all the way to redline.
Yeah I phrased that wrong. Frank told me that i will run less boost but make about the same power. Either way we made way more because of the weather.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:56 PM
lifekenophobic

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Sub'd. Nice looking Z!
Old 02-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Nismo Ninja

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great read and good looking Z!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:01 PM
chinkymrsettles

Thanks guys!! It will be getting the harnesses, seats, harness bar next week. Body shop is about a month away. I'll take some progress shots. In the mean time my daily is getting some bolt ons
Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM
chinkymrsettles

Harnesses and seats are in. Man is it uncomfortable lol. It's currently at the body shop undergoing the tear down. I'll send pictures of the rear quarters getting cut off soon.

Search this Thread