Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Traction control questions

Old 06-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Lulz.

I dont think he is referencing the clutch but the effects of the TCS/VDC on the DBW system.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:11 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
Lulz.

I dont think he is referencing the clutch but the effects of the TCS/VDC on the DBW system.
Ummmmm, no, this thread went from plain old "TCS" to "TCS funks up the clutch/shifting".

To wit:

"The TCS turned on makes the clutch behave like garbage."

"Huh, that's interesting, how does it affect the clutch? Do you mean if you're engaging while the engine is at high RPM?'

"Nope, it's generally an issue when I'm just doing regular city driving. The car with TCS turned on is jerky on the shifts. Turned off, it's smooth as silk."

"I agree about the TCS affecting shifting, I'm surprised to hear that and upon a first drive I can't say i noticed a difference in shifting with TCS off.'

"I think I do feel a modest difference. Better shifts, a more raw and real driving experience... a little drift in a parking lot earlier today, just to say I did it ."

"The difference isn't huge, but I definitely feel better with it off on dry roads. More responsive, better shifts and such."

"Stock or aftermarket clutch , my car is no different for normal shifting. It should not matter unless you don't know how to release the clutch "

I may kid around but I'm in earnest because I really want to know this. Could very well be the TBW sensitivity or maybe mass placebo hysteria, who knows? So, uhhhhhh, anyone? Anyone?? Beuller??
Old 07-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Franknbeans

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
I unplugged the module which is under the center console to permanently disable the TCS
Thread on this?
Old 07-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

went to my first autoX this past weekend and it was the first time I took TCS off when driving aggressively. 99% of the time I have it on because I don't know my breaking point fully yet. But man....its a a load of fun when TCS doesn't cut the throttle and you get to learn how the car behaves. I came into a left turn and gave it too much gas, car fishtailed and i tried to correct it causing me to spin around. the lady in charge of the event called me over and told me if i were to do any more of those flashy burnouts i would not be welcomed back. I seriously was just trying to correct my oversteer and didn't mean to give spectators a smoke show.

Search this Thread