Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Occasional Exhaust "Pop"

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:49 AM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Occasional Exhaust "Pop"

Howdy guys, I just had a question that some of you may relate to. I've had the sc kit on my car for 4 yrs. now and sometimes while shifting up a gear I get a "pop" out of my exhaust tips. It's not like an electrical issue backfire, actually sounds kind of cool when driving around town. Happens when clutch is depressed between gears.

It began once I went to sc; isn't a problem, but I wondered if any of you guys get an occasional pop sound when shifting? I have UpRev and my tuner's afr target now that it's supercharged is 11.5 at wot, which is the area that I currently hit so I should be good there.

My tune in map #1 pretty sure is stock timing. Map #2 he bumped the timing up slightly; #3 is slightly more advanced timing. *I've tried all 3 main maps and I can't tell any real difference from 1-3; none of the 3 seems better or worse regarding this issue or how the car runs.

I'm mostly in map 1 and 2. The car runs very strong and has zero hesitation, missing, etc. Always has pulled smooth and runs like a champ (both na/fi). I just wanted any feedback if possible about "if" the shifting pop from exhaust is normal, fine or not right. It seems to happen while under light/moderate acceleration say going from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, maybe into 4th; doesn't seem to happen at higher speeds in higher gears. Thanks! *(supposed to hit 114 degrees today!).

Last edited by BigBlue; 06-21-2017 at 09:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KingBaby (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 11:24 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Just sounds like unburnt fuel igniting in your exhaust. Nothing to worry about.
The following 2 users liked this post by bboypuertoroc:
BigBlue (06-20-2017), KingBaby (06-20-2017)