Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Custom HKS exhaust

Old 06-21-2017, 05:40 PM
davidmrqz3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom HKS exhaust

I want to consult before I do/buy anything, so I want to assemble a custom HKS exhaust but I'm not sure which Y pipe and test pipes to use, the car will have custom piping but so far this is the link to the mufflers I want to use.
https://conceptzperformance.com/hks-...er_p_14149.php

The car unfortunately doesn't have the stock Y pipe which I heard is pretty darn good and I've seen people keep it when they do custom exhausts. The mufflers have 2.95" inlets and below is the pipe the car has. It has a complete Stillen exhaust from the previous owner

I know you can barely see it but it doesn't look to be the OEM y-pipe since it doesn't have flex joints.... all in all any suggestions/advice are welcome. Thanks and the car is an HR 350z
Old 06-22-2017, 06:46 AM
davidmrqz3

Bump
Old 06-22-2017, 09:03 AM
RobVox

I'd say that the OEM HR y-pipe is not bad. Like some other DE owners, I swapped my DE Y pipe for an HR and noticed improvement in low end torque, which was helpful for a daily driver. For the most overall power gains though, I think the Motordyne XYZ would be hard to beat.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:11 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

What exactly are you hoping to achieve? More power or more loud?

You'll certainly get more loudness with those N1 type mufflers but if it's real power you're looking for, expect minimal gains over the Stillen. Even going full dual.

Honestly, you're better off spending the money on a tune to work with the "low restriction" exhaust you've already got.

Search this Thread