Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Beware of buyer

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 08:52 AM
NissanTracker

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Beware of buyer

Wanted to warn the forum about a bad purchase made.

NeoGixxer sold me a Stillen S.C. claimed to only have 10K miles. A member warned me too late after i purchased it that there were more than 25K miles on it. It arrived in terrible condition. Aluminum pipes were dented (not shown in photos), crush air filter, damaged waterpump... He refunded me for a couple of these items after contacting paypal and my creditcard company. I later found out it was rebuilt.

Then almost the worse happened.

Throughout the sale, he kept saying he installed it. No way did he ever run it. He purchased it in March and then sold it to me in May of this year. Upon installation, the charge cooler in the plenum leaked coolant into my cylinders. Almost cost me my motor. Kaizen tunning had to pull the plenum off, compression and leak down test. Cost me almost 600 in labor just for the aftermath. Had to purchase a new charge cooler too.

For the damaged intercooler pipes, he directed me to a UPS damage claim. I took all the pictures, documented the boxes, and sent it to UPS. Since he was the originator, the check is supposed to go to him, then contact me. He took the check and never contacted me back. Also, he uses a different shipping address other than his own to avoid accountability later. Blocked me and does not reply to messages. I'm currently in touch with UPS for his fraudulent insurance claim and a lawyer for small claims.

BUYERS BEWARE

Last edited by NissanTracker; 07-31-2017 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:42 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Cool. Thanks for lookin' out.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:50 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

One thing I hate is a thief and a shady crook trying to finesse unsuspected customers with crap products or parts. He will catch his Karma, don't worry.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:09 AM
NissanTracker

Yup. I sent him the paypal funds and then the next day I was warned. I confronted him about it and he right away he got offended. I asked to explain why someone would mention this. Then he broke communication while I was waiting for it to arrive. I finally contacted paypal and my credit card company. He said he would only accept a return if i send it back to him in good condition with nothing broken. Obviously i open the 2 boxes and there is crap already broken. No broken pieces though. He went to a UPS store and had them wrap it up. Those items were all junk when packed.

I then found out he originally purchased it back in Feb/March from another member here for 3,500 or B.O. Most likely he felt ripped off and wanted to offload the kit.

Luckily someone over at the370z sold me a charge core for 120.00. Stillen wanted some crazy number for it. After ditching out money at the tuning shop, 2 months later, it is still not running right. They are trying to find any other damage that the leaky core charge could have caused.

Kaizen's is very reputable shop here and are the go to for GTR's... just check out their HKS GTR.

I'll post pictures of all the damage later.

Originally Posted by BluestreamDE

One thing I hate is a thief and a shady crook trying to finesse unsuspected customers with crap products or parts. He will catch his Karma, don't worry.

Last edited by NissanTracker; 07-31-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:17 AM
coletrickle74

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

I tried!
Old 07-31-2017, 10:41 AM
NissanTracker

Yup. Just missed your post.

Originally Posted by coletrickle74
I tried!

In any case, there are some things when buying used someone should worry about. A seller should always disclose everything to the buyer. Buying a used kit if all is described is not an issue. I replaced wear and tear items (new belts, new pulley's, fuel pump, charger oil) and should have turned out fine. The pipes being dent should not have affected performance too much, although the intake pipe where the MAF sensors reside was bad.

Kaizen gave me the old charge cooler back and there is no physical damage. In the middle of the core there is a leak. It could be a manufacturing issue that I'm bringing up with Stillen, but if he installed this kit... he would have ran into the same problem that I did and SHOULD have disclosed this.

The leaking charge cooler really just p|$$ed me off. Yeah.. in the end, I could have bought a brand new kit from Stillen.

Last edited by NissanTracker; 07-31-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:44 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

i will pm a mod buddy of mine to this thread
Old 07-31-2017, 02:33 PM
NissanTracker

Tried calling this dude again from a different phone. Seems like he may have picked up and hung up....lol, here I am, a 30 year old being played by some teen. If i call from my cell, it just goes straight to his voicemail.

I called the UPS store and they would not give me the actual address he used for the check... But for sure, the address he used to ship the items is not even close.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:22 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

3500 for a stillen....ouch. Coulda got a vortech for that price.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:32 PM
coletrickle74

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

It's for HR. It's basically our only option.
The following users liked this post:
NissanTracker (07-31-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 07:10 PM
NissanTracker

Yup

Originally Posted by coletrickle74
It's for HR. It's basically our only option.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:48 PM
NeoGixxer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what Nissan, U are a real piece of sh$&t. It's funny how you left out all the major parts of this story. Let's see:

The part that I was in constant contact with you working with u through out the whole transaction.

The part were when you were so called "warned" that I was ripping you off. I told u that when the shipment arrive, to refuse the package so it could come back to me and I could refund your money. Simple right?

The part were I over-paid you for those parts that I refunded you , the $300 water pump that cost you $100 to replace

The part were I paid extra out of my own pocket for insurance on the UPS items so if you did decide to return the items and they got damaged in transit I wouldn't be at a loss. Oh but u file a claim anyways and got a lot money back for that too right?

Even after all the bashing, I still worked with you thru out the whole process. Just paypaling you yesterday too an texting you letting u know. What kind of a thief would do all that????

Even after everything, you felt the need to go on my wheels ad and try to make me out to be a thief.

And just to clear the air, I blocked u from my phone because you felt the need to continually text me with nonsense after I refunded you and when we both agree that every was good. I bought a procharger for my DE like 3 years ago, the guy fully ripped me off, we settled it and went our different ways. I didn't text after the fact with more non-sense after we finalize everything

Mod I just saw this one, I didn't know he was bashing me on 2 different threads. Do whatever u want from this point on, little speech or whatever, im not going to let this guy accuse me of some nonsense cause he needs friends or attention. I'm done now, I said my piece
Old 08-02-2017, 05:34 AM
NissanTracker

Originally Posted by NeoGixxer
You know what Nissan, U are a real piece of sh$&t. It's funny how you left out all the major parts of this story. Let's see:

The part that I was in constant contact with you working with u through out the whole transaction.

The part were when you were so called "warned" that I was ripping you off. I told u that when the shipment arrive, to refuse the package so it could come back to me and I could refund your money. Simple right?

The part were I over-paid you for those parts that I refunded you , the $300 water pump that cost you $100 to replace

The part were I paid extra out of my own pocket for insurance on the UPS items so if you did decide to return the items and they got damaged in transit I wouldn't be at a loss. Oh but u file a claim anyways and got a lot money back for that too right?

Even after all the bashing, I still worked with you thru out the whole process. Just paypaling you yesterday too an texting you letting u know. What kind of a thief would do all that????

Even after everything, you felt the need to go on my wheels ad and try to make me out to be a thief.

And just to clear the air, I blocked u from my phone because you felt the need to continually text me with nonsense after I refunded you and when we both agree that every was good. I bought a procharger for my DE like 3 years ago, the guy fully ripped me off, we settled it and went our different ways. I didn't text after the fact with more non-sense after we finalize everything

Mod I just saw this one, I didn't know he was bashing me on 2 different threads. Do whatever u want from this point on, little speech or whatever, im not going to let this guy accuse me of some nonsense cause he needs friends or attention. I'm done now, I said my piece
Old 08-02-2017, 10:12 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

Neither of you have provided proof of your statements.
The following 2 users liked this post by iideadeyeii:
Atreyu'z 350 (08-02-2017), rearranged (08-03-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 09:11 PM
NeoGixxer

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Neither of you have provided proof of your statements.
That's fine iideadeyeii, usually I could care less what random people think or say about me, especially on a forum.

What pisses me off was this guy goes on my wheels ad and writes this "beware of buyer" BS on there like a CHILD, screwing any possible chance I could have on selling my rims.

This was after i refunded him $300 something dollars on those parts he was b@&$tchin about and another $400 something from a shipping claim. Close to $800 off the SC I sold him. Do u know of any "scammers" that would go out of their way to get a buyer that kinda money back.

The funny part was I had just gotten the shipping claim check an cashed it the day before I had seen what he wrote and even after reading it I still PayPal him his half of the check.

I'm just glad I'm done with him.

Anyways is anyone interested in some 2007 OEM Grand Touring rims??? Haha. I wanna swap those out for some 370z Grand Touring rims
Old 08-05-2017, 11:38 AM
NissanTracker

Mic said to stop it. If your going to continue, I'll post pics of everything and a video of the core charge that possibly caused my engine to go. You lied about installing it. You lied about the miles. If you were straight up and honest from the beginning, this would have went differently. I obviously would not have bought his kit if you told me the charge core would leak coolant into my cylinders.

after that you blocked communication. UPS then told me your using different addresses. So excuse me, paying a large sum of money and you decide to cut ties? What kind of seller takes that direction?

Originally Posted by NeoGixxer
That's fine iideadeyeii, usually I could care less what random people think or say about me, especially on a forum.

What pisses me off was this guy goes on my wheels ad and writes this "beware of buyer" BS on there like a CHILD, screwing any possible chance I could have on selling my rims.

This was after i refunded him $300 something dollars on those parts he was b@&$tchin about and another $400 something from a shipping claim. Close to $800 off the SC I sold him. Do u know of any "scammers" that would go out of their way to get a buyer that kinda money back.

The funny part was I had just gotten the shipping claim check an cashed it the day before I had seen what he wrote and even after reading it I still PayPal him his half of the check.

I'm just glad I'm done with him.

Anyways is anyone interested in some 2007 OEM Grand Touring rims??? Haha. I wanna swap those out for some 370z Grand Touring rims

Last edited by NissanTracker; 08-05-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:20 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Was just going to get on here and post - again.

Seriously guys, we get it, we feel your pain on both sides. But really, this has pretty much run its course as a public post. Neither "side" is going to garner any more or less support from the general population. Your points are made and any supporters for your "side" have already chosen who they wish to "support"... but notice no one is going to publicly come out in defense of either.

No threats, just asking that you PLEASE take this offline.

[ mod cap off ]
The following 3 users liked this post by MicVelo:
Atreyu'z 350 (08-06-2017), BigBlue (08-05-2017), ridered929rr (08-05-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 08:12 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Old 08-06-2017, 02:38 PM
NeoGixxer

LMaO, it is like Barbershop up in here

"Checker Fred, just sit there and play checkers"

Last edited by NeoGixxer; 08-06-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:11 AM
NissanTracker

So update. Didn't get more than 100 miles before the blower went. Opened it up to find the oil splatter plate chewed up due to a failed bearing. I complained in a text message about this. Some strange resistance when free spinning the charger. I had to send it out to Vortech for a rebuild. There was the number "3" written on each side of the housing (Low rpm side and high rpm side).. leading me to believe this blower was already rebuild 3 times on both sides.

I started this project after my track day in May... since today, due to the seller's incompetence, I drove my car for maybe 2 hours this entire summer. It now sits... yet again.

so yeah... this kit was/IS junk and always will be garbage. Lesson learned.

1) 850 dollars for labor due to the plenum charge core leaking coolant into my engine. Included pulling the plenum off, leakdown, compression test.

2) 200 dollars for a replacement plenum charge core

3) 125 Nissan dealer charge to hook up Consult up to it to find out what got screwed up from the coolant leaking into my engine

3) ~ 80 dollars for new spark plugs due to above.

4) 160 dollar tow charge due to blower chewing up a bearing

5) 120 dollar labor charge for pulling out the blower

6) 450 dollars for rebuild

7) 120 dollar labor charge for putting the blower back into the car

Last edited by NissanTracker; 08-22-2017 at 05:54 AM.