Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help with figuring out parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 02:13 PM
Nugenix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with figuring out parts

Hey guys im thinking about buying this 350z nismo but its missing the whole front bumper, headlights, radiator but its missing other things. Just wanted to know if anyone here can indentify them for me so i can order them! Thanks

Last edited by Nugenix; 07-25-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:32 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Welcome, but that's one hell of a first post to lead off with. Before you buy anything, I'd take a long look at this particular car and figure out how it got in this condition. Does it have a salvage title? What other damage does it have beyond the front end? Do you have any idea how much a NISMO front bumper and splitter run?
Old 07-25-2017, 02:46 PM
Nugenix

Originally Posted by dkmura
Welcome, but that's one hell of a first post to lead off with. Before you buy anything, I'd take a long look at this particular car and figure out how it got in this condition. Does it have a salvage title? What other damage does it have beyond the front end? Do you have any idea how much a NISMO front bumper and splitter run?
hey there thanks for the response and yea lol i know. Its salvage i know its salvaged. Dont really care it has been in a accident. Ive always wanted this car and i will be keeping this car till it falls off its wheels. So i dont reallly care about the resale. No other damage to the vechile besides the front, the outer body, inside, is clean. And no i dont have an idea of how much, But i will not go with oem parts i will go with aftermarket parts for ALL the parts. And if i see a used part at the junkyard i will get it.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:24 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Well the radiator support, the radiator the ac condenser, the aluminum bumper piece... The fans, the headlights, the bumper cover, the under tray... The nismo front brace... Good luck I'll sell you everything you need from an 03 for $1000 picked up haha
Old 07-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Nugenix

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Well the radiator support, the radiator the ac condenser, the aluminum bumper piece... The fans, the headlights, the bumper cover, the under tray... The nismo front brace... Good luck I'll sell you everything you need from an 03 for $1000 picked up haha
Perfect thanks for the response. Ill have to start making a list thanks.
and yea for sure where u located at 😂
Old 07-25-2017, 03:41 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Other parts to add: HR hood, front wheel well covers, bumper supports, airbags, airbag trigger and the list goes on and on. You might want to buy the front clip off a parted out Z- it'll be cheaper.

While I understand the wish to get your dream car for cheap, it's never going to be worth what you put into it (even with aftermarket parts). One accident and you'll lose most of what you have into this Z.

Last edited by dkmura; 07-25-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:44 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Other parts to add: HR hood, front wheel well covers, bumper supports, airbags, airbag trigger and the list goes on and on. Yu might want to buy the front clip off a parted out Z.

While I understand the wish to get your dream car for cheap, it's never going to be worth what you put into it (even with aftermarket parts). One accident and you'll lose most of what you have into this Z.
Agreed - too much financial risk for me, as non-wrecked Nismo's are getting on the cheap side now.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:53 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Other parts to add: HR hood, front wheel well covers, bumper supports, airbags, airbag trigger and the list goes on and on. You might want to buy the front clip off a parted out Z- it'll be cheaper.

I should make a thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Nugenix

Thanks again. Yea i understand the risk.
Yea the airbags shouldnt be hard to get, what are the air bag triggers? They come with the airbag or is that located elsewhere? Thanks.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Nugenix

Heres photos from all around.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:19 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Air bag triggers are on the front bumper and in the side of the car behind the 1/4 panels... You probably only need the front one.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:31 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Op is a Balla on a budget.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Nugenix

Originally Posted by travlee
Op is a Balla on a budget.
Lol

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Air bag triggers are on the front bumper and in the side of the car behind the 1/4 panels... You probably only need the front one.
ah ok is it this thing right here?
Old 07-25-2017, 04:45 PM
travlee
Master

If this is your dream car, why not find one that hasnt been wrecked

not to mention, not all insurance companies will insure a salvaged title car
Old 07-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Nugenix

Originally Posted by travlee
If this is your dream car, why not find one that hasnt been wrecked

not to mention, not all insurance companies will insure a salvaged title car

1.im on a budget.
2. Ill get my money back on it IF not more if i do sell it because of the low milage
3. Cheaper then a clean nismo even with all the parts being added up
4. I want to learn how to work on a car thats already wrecked. I gain the experience.

you can get it to a rebuilt title,
my maxima is rebuilt and my insurace covers it just fine.

Last edited by Nugenix; 07-25-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:46 AM
Tochigi_236

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Nugenix
hey there thanks for the response and yea lol i know. Its salvage i know its salvaged. Dont really care it has been in a accident. Ive always wanted this car and i will be keeping this car till it falls off its wheels. So i dont reallly care about the resale. No other damage to the vechile besides the front, the outer body, inside, is clean. And no i dont have an idea of how much, But i will not go with oem parts i will go with aftermarket parts for ALL the parts. And if i see a used part at the junkyard i will get it.

If you can only afford this car because it's salvaged... you can't afford this car.

What number car is this? You don't buy a Nismo car and not run OEM parts. Especially the front fascia, come on now... don't be a cheapskate. You have no idea the rabbit hole you're about to dig yourself into.

Radiator Core Support Brace
Front Body Dampener
Power Steering Cooler and lines
Nismo Front fascia (all the clips and screws to bolt it up)
Undertray
Paint for said bumper
Headlights
Radiator
Overflow tank
Radiator Support
Fans
Wheel well covers
DASHBOARD
Airbag

YOUR DIGNITY when you find out you'll never see an ounce of the money you put into it if you try and sell because it's salvage. Low mileage won't help you.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tochigi_236:
travlee (07-26-2017), zakmartin (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 03:17 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Tochigi_236
If you can only afford this car because it's salvaged... you can't afford this car.

What number car is this? You don't buy a Nismo car and not run OEM parts. Especially the front fascia, come on now... don't be a cheapskate. You have no idea the rabbit hole you're about to dig yourself into.

Radiator Core Support Brace
Front Body Dampener
Power Steering Cooler and lines
Nismo Front fascia (all the clips and screws to bolt it up)
Undertray
Paint for said bumper
Headlights
Radiator
Overflow tank
Radiator Support
Fans
Wheel well covers
DASHBOARD
Airbag

YOUR DIGNITY when you find out you'll never see an ounce of the money you put into it if you try and sell because it's salvage. Low mileage won't help you.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-pa...ngine/body-cat

bumper and parts, from courtesy = $2180.73. the rad support assembly $526, headlights $1300. then add in paint,, misc parts etc you are in minimum $5k
Old 07-26-2017, 03:19 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Nugenix
1.im on a budget. obvious from the start
2. Ill get my money back on it IF not more if i do sell it because of the low milage doubtful
3. Cheaper then a clean nismo even with all the parts being added up if you put shiit non oem parts on
4. I want to learn how to work on a car thats already wrecked. I gain the experience.

you can get it to a rebuilt title,
my maxima is rebuilt and my insurace covers it just fine.
how much is the car, and how old are you OP?
Old 07-26-2017, 07:38 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

The fly in the ointment here is that you want to go non-OEM and dang near everything you need is only available as OEM.

Only thing I see you can get from the aftermarket is the front V3 bumper (or reasonable facsimile) and the undertray. The rest of the underpinnings are Nissan specific, e.g. core support, fender pans, crash bar, fittings, etc.

But all said, if the car is being sold for say, < $2000, maybe a bit more, it might be a fun project to breath new life into it. But seriously consider buying all of the factory underpinnings from dboyzalter then go aftermarket where you can. That could be a win-win. But seriously, don't think it'll be anywhere near the value of an undamaged Nemo. Salvage or reclaimed titles don't lie and if it's already been salvaged, that will follow it wherever it goes.

But, I do see salvage cars on junklist, er, craigslist ALL THE TIME and some poor sap must buy them else there'd be no market for 'em.
The following users liked this post:
travlee (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 07:47 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by MicVelo
The fly in the ointment here is that you want to go non-OEM and dang near everything you need is only available as OEM.

Only thing I see you can get from the aftermarket is the front V3 bumper (or reasonable facsimile) and the undertray. The rest of the underpinnings are Nissan specific, e.g. core support, fender pans, crash bar, fittings, etc.

But all said, if the car is being sold for say, < $2000, maybe a bit more, it might be a fun project to breath new life into it. But seriously consider buying all of the factory underpinnings from dboyzalter then go aftermarket where you can. That could be a win-win. But seriously, don't think it'll be anywhere near the value of an undamaged Nemo. Salvage or reclaimed titles don't lie and if it's already been salvaged, that will follow it wherever it goes.

But, I do see salvage cars on junklist, er, craigslist ALL THE TIME and some poor sap must buy them else there'd be no market for 'em.
like OP