Vapor vent tube warranty extension - Page 2 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Old 08-23-2017, 06:51 AM   #21
BQPham

So anyone with over 150k get in this? Lol my 2007 has 152k so I'm right over that margin...
BQPham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #22
philsz2003

Default Better Call Nissan for a Case Number

If anyone wants to have the repair under the extended warranty, I would suggest calling Nissan's number on the notification letter. Advise the call center that you have experienced the gas station pump clicking off when filling up. They will give you a case number and approval to get the vapor system tested at no charge at the dealer and replaced if necessary. Take the case number to the dealer and you should have no issues.
philsz2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #23
Gs_350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyzalter View Post
I dont think they will do anything unless your having problems.
Party pooper......
lol
Gs_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #24
HOMiEZ

I made an appointment and went into my local dealer for my fuel tank has only been able to fill up to about 13 gallons at most and would click off somewhere between 3/4 full to almost completely full on the fuel gauge.

First they said they will have to charge me $130 to even take a look at it, and if its not the evap then I would have to pay it.

Then they said my symptoms do not indicate a evap tube issue and that a fueling sending unit needs to be replaced. Claiming that if there is an issue with the Evap than I wouldn't be able to fill up at all.

At that point, I decided to leave the dealership. I read the above comment about calling Nissan first, however when I called previously I only got to a voice recording and could not get to speak with anyone to provide me with a claim.

what do you all think about this?
HOMiEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:23 AM   #25
justinksg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMiEZ View Post
I made an appointment and went into my local dealer for my fuel tank has only been able to fill up to about 13 gallons at most and would click off somewhere between 3/4 full to almost completely full on the fuel gauge.

First they said they will have to charge me $130 to even take a look at it, and if its not the evap then I would have to pay it.

Then they said my symptoms do not indicate a evap tube issue and that a fueling sending unit needs to be replaced. Claiming that if there is an issue with the Evap than I wouldn't be able to fill up at all.

At that point, I decided to leave the dealership. I read the above comment about calling Nissan first, however when I called previously I only got to a voice recording and could not get to speak with anyone to provide me with a claim.

what do you all think about this?

This is exactly the experience I've been afraid of and why I haven't went since receiving my notice. I have the issues exactly as you described.
justinksg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #26
zakmartin
orange moodring

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMiEZ View Post
...if there is an issue with the Evap than I wouldn't be able to fill up at all.
Tell them that's a load of horse****. It'll fill, but the pump will keep shutting off while you're trying to fill it. If everyone with the problem was finding it impossible to fill the tank PERIOD, then there'd be a bunch of dead 350Zs sitting around waiting for a fix that should have happened 15 years ago.

Lodge a complaint against the dealership with your local BBB and your State's Attorney General's Consumer Protection Office. That'll get the dealership's attention real fast. When you finally get Nissan on the phone, let them know you've filed the complaints and make clear the misinformation the dealership is trying to lay on you for a Nissan-warranted part.
zakmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zakmartin For This Useful Post:
HOMiEZ (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 01:09 PM   #27
HOMiEZ

Thanks for the response zakmartin, just submitted my complaint with BBB and send an email to the manager at the dealership. I've had bad experiences with this particular dealership and if I have to I will post their name on here.
HOMiEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:29 PM   #28
rearranged
Gun nut

Mine hasn't had that problem in 6-8 months. Got that damn letter and it gave me problems filling up a couple days later. If anyone thinks they might have had an issue, then you haven't had it happen. To those that have experienced it, you know what I mean. It is a complete pain in the ***. So frustrating, turning the pump in all directions while people looking at you like your crazy. I'd rather deal with that rather than take it to the dealership though. I wouldn't trust the guys at my local dealership to put air in my tires.
rearranged is offline   Reply With Quote