Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did anyone else get this private message?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 10:04 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts
Default Did anyone else get this private message?

I'm a bit weary at how I was approached by this person who has no history nor credibility on this board. Giving my name and mailing address to a person or company for an unsolicited sample product makes me a bit nervous. I did a quick Google search of the sender's email address and saw that members from multiple automobile forums received the same unsolicited offer. One forum member was able to figure out which product it was and mentioned that product reviews for this scan tool on Amazon look dubious, at best. What do you guys think?

-----------------------------------------------

MAALI169

Hi zakmartin,
Thank you for your time. I am Ella from a big company. We specialize in high quality OBD2/EOBD Scanners that allow users to diagnose their automobiles easily. I am reaching out to you on the possibility of getting an editorial review for our featured Auto Code Scanner on this forum.
This is a portable set of CAN OBD2 scanner with comprehensive functions. It works on most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles; supports full functions of OBD and EOBD vehicles, such as reading dynamic data streams, clearing DTCs, and detecting oxygen sensors, etc.; with 2.8 inch color LCD, adopts graphical display; can realize data storage and playback; easy to query in its inner powerful storage library of various information; features humanized function menu design with silicone button and pot metal touch key; supports English, French and Spanish. Besides, it is capable of USB2.0 quick online upgrade.
If you are interested in reviewing our latest Auto Code Scanner, please let me know and I will send out a free product for you to review. Besides, I will give you more detailed information about this product and company. Please email me at xiangguoxiangqing [at] gmail [dot] com. Please provide links to the forum home page, and tell me your name on that forum.
Thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate your great assistance for us.
Regards,
Ella

Last edited by zakmartin; 09-25-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:12 AM
zakmartin

So here's the product link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074M6KHDH https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074M6KHDH

Mods, does this unsolicited PM violate the Terms of Use for this board?
Old 09-21-2017, 10:34 AM
tmdz

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like an ok scanner for $35. Has good reviews an Amazon but I think we all know not to put too much faith in those.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:41 AM
zakmartin

Yeah, I've never seen so many good and thorough reviews on a Scanner on Amazon within 2 weeks of launching the product. It usually takes a year to garner more than a dozen reviews on an inexpensive scan tool from a no-name brand.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:41 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

a couple people did

https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-an...la-up-too.html
The following users liked this post:
zakmartin (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Yeah, I got it too. Smells like spam to me.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:23 AM
zakmartin

Aha... Okay. I'll defer to the other link. Sorry about the re-post.

Mods, please close this thread. Gracias!
Old 09-22-2017, 10:11 AM
rancor

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Yeah, I've never seen so many good and thorough reviews on a Scanner on Amazon within 2 weeks of launching the product. It usually takes a year to garner more than a dozen reviews on an inexpensive scan tool from a no-name brand.
https://www.fakespot.com/product/obd...1-topdon-al201

Yea they are probably all fake.