2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My poor Z :( RIP (probably)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 08:34 PM
jedr1337

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Did the police assign fault?

If Progressive goes low, collect your receipts, photograph everything and call an attorney to go after the lady who hit you to recoup your losses (as much as the courts will allow for anyway.)
Yes,my fault ridiculously. I had a stop, she did not. I stopped fully, just after sunset, at the sign to cross a one way 2 lane street, with cars parked up on the shoulder all the way up to the stop sign. She was in lane closest to parked row, my passenger side, LIGHTS OFF. I never saw her, just the airbags. After the hit on my passenger side bumper, I got out, gave myself a once over and turned to see who the hell just ****ed me,and the lady is out of her car, on the phone and says "oh my God I'm so sorry, I didn't see you. I can't afford this " I say "are you ok? (She was, and it was obvious she was fine.) Don't move your car, I am going to take pictures." I go to get my phone out of car,and when I grab it and get back out, she's back in her car and this ...person... looks straight at me and flips on her headlights WHILE STILL on the phone. Regardless of her blatant mistake and concealment of it (already ordered a dashcam for whatever car is next), the police said that it is my fault and even if her lights were off, that it is my responsibility to yield right of way. The officer was so patronizing and talked to me as if I was a 16 year old with one pube instead of a 28 year old man who had been driving for over a decade without ever having a collision. There was definitely a bias of young guy in sports car, must not know how to drive compared to 50 something soccer mom in a yaris.

Last edited by jedr1337; 12-15-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:38 PM
jedr1337

Originally Posted by CK_32
Good ol America^

That's how my aunt lost her business, house and tons of other sht because some fat lazy POS cut her off and she barely hit them.

They went after everything she had because of the "trauma" it took on his living state. And they literally took just about everything.

Now she has a second hand car and sht apartment with a regular dead end job. Sucks to work so hard and have it stripped away because of a small incident she never even meant to do.
And that is awful man, I would never do that. To be fair, this woman screwed me hard, but I don't know her, or her circumstances. I am sure it sucks for her too, but seriously, she was in the wrong, see my account, I posted it after you replied. Th is woman was in the wrong, but on the right side of the law on technicality. Still, I'm not gonna try to sue her into oblivion, we are both alive and unhurt, and as long as I get a fast car with three pedals, I'll be ok.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Gadget

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jedr1337
Yes,my fault ridiculously. I had a stop, she did not. I stopped fully, just after sunset, at the sign to cross a one way 2 lane street, with cars parked up on the shoulder all the way up to the stop sign. She was in lane closest to parked row, my passenger side, LIGHTS OFF. I never saw her, just the airbags. After the hit on my passenger side bumper, I got out, gave myself a once over and turned to see who the hell just ****ed me,and the lady is out of her car, on the phone and says "oh my God I'm so sorry, I didn't see you. I can't afford this " I say "are you ok? (She was, and it was obvious she was fine.) Don't move your car, I am going to take pictures." I go to get my phone out of car,and when I grab it and get back out, she's back in her car and this ...person... looks straight at me and flips on her headlights WHILE STILL on the phone. Regardless of her blatant mistake and concealment of it (already ordered a dashcam for whatever car is next), the police said that it is my fault and even if her lights were off, that it is my responsibility to yield right of way. The officer was so patronizing and talked to me as if I was a 16 year old with one pube instead of a 28 year old man who had been driving for over a decade without ever having a collision. There was definitely a bias of young guy in sports car, must not know how to drive compared to 50 something soccer mom in a yaris.
This is the exact reason I use a 360° HD camera in my Z, especially now that it's winter.

Very unfortunate and best of luck with everything
Old 12-16-2017, 06:30 AM
BQPham

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Jeez, that is absolute fraud going after all that. I understand suing the insurance (you usually have coverage for these things on average about 100k but i know all states are different), but going after the direct person way beyond your damages is the rough side of America.

Reading the description, i would unfortunately say the cop is right as she did have right of way, but the headlights off factor is ridiculous I see that so often and always think what would happen cause i clearly cannot see the person. The dash cam is something im looking more an dmore to get.

When my TSX got totaled it was in a super busy intersection outside of a mall and the guy ran the red light in front of a lot of witnesses so I was lucky.

Sorry to hear man.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:34 AM
jedr1337

Heard back from progressive, it is definitely totaled, they offered me 6,900 after deductible, i said no way is that enough. After I made them consider the exhaust and the intake, they raised it up to 7,300. They only added 175 for my brand new Enkeis, so I may see if i can get them back and put the old busted Rotas on there i thankfully kept. Still some ****, no where near what I had invested with the front end rebuild and paint work, but i guess its enough for a down payment on something decent.

What do you guys think, fair settlement?

Last edited by jedr1337; 12-21-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:36 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

unless you have a rider for aftermarket parts, they usually dont give extra for them
Old 12-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Gadget

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Heard back from progressive, it is definitely totaled, they offered me 6,900 after deductible, i said no way is that enough. After I made them consider the exhaust and the intake, they raised it up to 7,300. They only added 175 for my brand new Enkeis, so I may see if i can get them back and put the old busted Rotas on there i thankfully kept. Still some ****, no where near what I had invested with the front end rebuild and paint work, but i guess its enough for a down payment on something decent.
Offer still stands to buy spoiler and side skirts. They should let let you grab all your stuff and swap the wheels out. When my mazda rolled into the river they let me put my crap wheels and tires on it and take my deck and speakers.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:45 AM
jedr1337

Originally Posted by Gadget
Offer still stands to buy spoiler and side skirts. They should let let you grab all your stuff and swap the wheels out. When my mazda rolled into the river they let me put my crap wheels and tires on it and take my deck and speakers.
Make me an offer
Old 12-21-2017, 09:47 AM
travlee
Master

might want to take that convo to PM... will get dinged for selling outside the market place
The following users liked this post:
jedr1337 (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 09:47 AM
jedr1337

Originally Posted by travlee
might want to take that convo to PM... will get dinged for selling outside the market place
For sure, PM is fine.
Gadget (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 09:56 AM
travlee
Master

Old 12-21-2017, 10:18 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
Only one gettin' dinged here is you for wasting two ounces of suds all over the biergarten floor!!

CK_32 (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 10:24 AM
travlee
Master

it was just the foam... no foul
Old 12-21-2017, 03:21 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Foam is still good beer. Just gatta let it settle.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:12 AM
BQPham

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

For sure, PM is fine.
wait wait but i asked for those skirts first!

sorry to hear man, i went through my own insurance for the TSX and they gave me top dollar then chased after the at fault insurance.