MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Need help figuring out what's wrong. (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/618596-need-help-figuring-out-whats-wrong.html)

Snow Blind 02-13-2018 07:34 AM

Need help figuring out what's wrong.

So recently baught a 2006 350z grand touring with a lsd diff. I replaced the clutch with a stage 2 and the flywheel with a single disk. I had to make a new slave cylinder arm for the clutch because the oem one was to small. Now I ran into a weird problem. I'll turn off VDC and when I'm in a low gear and get the tires spinning the rear end will kind of shake or made a repeating loud slamming noise and this never happens unless the tires spin. I replaced the diff fluids but it still happens. The only other solution I can think of is on the slave cylinder arm that I made I think I made it a little to long and there no play so could it be something with the clutch? If it's not that the my next step is to get new diff gears which is like $1000! Any ideas?

Atreyu'z 350 02-13-2018 08:24 AM

Does it do it with VDC on? Does the ECM cut fuel when the slamming starts?.. And explain to me(us) this clutch arm you made. BTW, pics and videos go a long way with posts like this.

travlee 02-13-2018 08:42 AM

i have a grand idea... dont freakin double post.

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...-new-diff.html

Atreyu'z 350 02-13-2018 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by travlee (Post 10940120)
i have a grand idea... dont freakin double post.

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...-new-diff.html

Oh wow. I didn't even see that other one

Snow Blind 02-13-2018 09:53 AM

Sorry I posted it in the wrong place and I couldn't figure out how to delete the older one

Snow Blind 02-13-2018 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Atreyu'z 350 (Post 10940117)
Does it do it with VDC on? Does the ECM cut fuel when the slamming starts?.. And explain to me(us) this clutch arm you made. BTW, pics and videos go a long way with posts like this.

Yeah it happens with VDC on but it's prob just trying to stop the rear from spinning in the first place. Idk about the ECM I'm still kind of a beginner at this stuff it's my first "project" car. I used a normal bolt and I cut the top and thread off and rounded the ends so it look pretty identical to the oem one just like a half inch longer. I can't get pics because I'm in school right now.

Painterguy39 02-13-2018 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Snow Blind (Post 10940129)

Yeah it happens with VDC on but it's prob just trying to stop the rear from spinning in the first place. Idk about the ECM I'm still kind of a beginner at this stuff it's my first "project" car. I used a normal bolt and I cut the top and thread off and rounded the ends so it look pretty identical to the oem one just like a half inch longer. I can't get pics because I'm in school right now.

Ok now we have a clue as to what intellect we are dealing with....so you decided to save $30 by making your own clutch arm pivot....and you want us to help?......here's a shot...buy the right parts!Now you get to drop the trans again....boy you saved a bunch!

Atreyu'z 350 02-13-2018 03:21 PM

Right. I'm just trying to isolate things.. Did it do this before you replaced the clutch(or didn't you try to burn out until after you replaced the clutch..heh)? Does it move in and out of the gears smoothly? Like is it driveable? And it just does it when you burn out?... Idk, it almost sounds like one of your suspension and/or drive train components is loose or worn out in the back.

Snow Blind 02-13-2018 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Painterguy39 (Post 10940197)
Ok now we have a clue as to what intellect we are dealing with....so you decided to save $30 by making your own clutch arm pivot....and you want us to help?......here's a shot...buy the right parts!Now you get to drop the trans again....boy you saved a bunch!

You don't need to drop the trans to get to the slave cylinder arm... and i tried looking and I can't find where you buy a longer arm so bought an aftermarket slave cylinder which came with a slightly longer arm that wasn't specified but it still wasn't enough length so I just made one that looks identical to the oem.

Snow Blind 02-13-2018 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Atreyu'z 350 (Post 10940198)
Right. I'm just trying to isolate things.. Did it do this before you replaced the clutch(or didn't you try to burn out until after you replaced the clutch..heh)? Does it move in and out of the gears smoothly? Like is it driveable? And it just does it when you burn out?... Idk, it almost sounds like one of your suspension and/or drive train components is loose or worn out in the back.

The old clutch was the only one that was ever in it with like 98k on it and it was slipping so that why I replaced it thus I never was able to get the rear to spin. Yeah it shifts fine and everything drives like a dream no shaking or anything it is only when the rear spins the shaking happens.

Snow Blind 02-13-2018 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Painterguy39 (Post 10940197)

It might be that im screwing up my part names im talking about the rod thing that the slave cylinder pushes out I made my own rod

travlee 02-13-2018 03:42 PM

I need to see a pic of this contraption you made, along with rear diff bushings

Snow Blind 02-13-2018 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by travlee (Post 10940205)
I need to see a pic of this contraption you made, along with rear diff bushings

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....422789bdd.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....4ef3bb154.jpegYou can’t see it that well because I’m having troubles getting the rubber off but that silver rod is what I made because the single disk I put in made me need more length the engage the clutch

travlee 02-13-2018 04:11 PM

Hard to tell on my phone, but diff bushing looks dry rotted but no goo...

Take off the slave and see if the fork has alot of slop in it, wondering if you need a new pivot ball and fork, hell i would also replace the slave because cheap and easy

Snow Blind 02-13-2018 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by travlee (Post 10940216)
Hard to tell on my phone, but diff bushing looks dry rotted but no goo...

Take off the slave and see if the fork has alot of slop in it, wondering if you need a new pivot ball and fork, hell i would also replace the slave because cheap and easy

Alright I will this weekend if I get to it im also repainting somethings thanks for the help/suggestions you been giving me

RedBullRR 02-14-2018 06:17 AM

Sounds like Wheel Hop to me, normal in these cars with Soft or shot bushings on the rear. Best way I stopped wheel hop is to learn how to launch my car properly.

CK_32 02-14-2018 07:15 AM

Are we talking about normal driving or are you dumpin the clutch like a moron?

Snow Blind 02-15-2018 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by CK_32 (Post 10940300)
Are we talking about normal driving or are you dumpin the clutch like a moron?

I try to drive normal because I don't wanna wreck anything but it happens even when in driving around a corner and the back kicks a little