Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

07 Z Is this worth it ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 12:40 AM
JJTZ350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 07 Z Is this worth it ??

Hello I'm new to the forum but was hoping to get some advice.. Im looking into buying a new 07 base model 350z at 72k miles for $10k. Under the hood is bone stock but there has been parts added here and there such as.. Tomei exhaust, Sparco L777 steering wheel, Nrg quick release, Mishimoto shift ****, shine auto projects spec Nv3 front bumper(made with there in house hybrid FRP fiberglass), KBD Duckbill, depo headlights, varsstoen es2’s wheels. Is this worth it price?? and if it is what should I look for when I go look at it this Sunday? Pictures will be posted below. Any and all advice/comments are welcome!

Old 09-24-2020, 03:53 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

nobody will be able to tell you if it worth it, only you can decide that. from what i can see on the pics, the bumper paint and duckbill doesnt appear to match the rest of the car, i dont like the fact that they removed a safety device (airbag), and i trying to figure out why he changed to depo lights.... are they black inside, cant really tell from the pictures
Old 09-24-2020, 10:50 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The mods you listed shouldn't affect the price. What's a stock 07 Z worth nowadays? Based on this car's condition, pricing should be around there. But yeah, have the owner reinstall the OEM steering wheel and airbag or deduct the price of both plus labor from his asking price. At least it's an HR Z33.
The following users liked this post:
JJTZ350 (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 08:24 PM
JJTZ350

Trav- Fair enough.. I just didn't know if I was getting a decent price or if it was a too good to be true situation. The duckbill and front bumper definitely does not match but I figured that I could respray the car. As for the depo lights they are black inside instead of that chrome outline.. Is that something I should ask about?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:39 PM
JJTZ350

Angelo- I believe in my area for a low mileage stock Z 04+ anywhere from 12-15k Its been scarce pickings since I started looking in Colorado nothing but high miles or modded engines til I came across this listing at 11.5k.. after a week of negotiation we've met at 10k. Is this a solid deal or should I keep looking? As for the Sparco wheel I kinda felt that I wouldn't mind keeping it on but is that something that isn't worth having from a safety perspective? At this point I just want to be apart of the Z family already
Old 09-25-2020, 05:36 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

A "good deal" is relative to the perspective of the buyer. A good deal to me would be an unmodified, low mileage, all original paint, 1 owner garage queen of a z at fair market price. To the next person that may be a rip off since they don't value the same variables I do. At the end of the day if you are happy with your purchase, at the price you paid, then it was a good deal.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:56 AM
zwei_the_c

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

HR, low mileage, $10K USD, looks to be clean.
Some tasteful mods IMO, where you can even sell them to gain on top. Would prefer OEM headlights, but my guess is owner thought DEPO looked cooler since it was black. I believe this is a good value in my opinion. Considering I shelled out $14K for a slightly higher mileage one-owner HR Z for 06+ Navi. haha ( I feel ripped off now)

Take it for a spin, make sure it runs healthy. Mechanically sound is important. Ask the owner if he's done gallery gasket or valve covers yet. If not, save some pennies, you'll need them later on. Trust your gut, don't convince yourself any other way.
JJTZ350 (09-26-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 02:58 AM
zwei_the_c

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
A "good deal" is relative to the perspective of the buyer. A good deal to me would be an unmodified, low mileage, all original paint, 1 owner garage queen of a z at fair market price. To the next person that may be a rip off since they don't value the same variables I do. At the end of the day if you are happy with your purchase, at the price you paid, then it was a good deal.
You're describing a collector car. Not many of them will exist for long, then the price will go up!
Old 09-26-2020, 07:09 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by zwei_the_c
You're describing a collector car. Not many of them will exist for long, then the price will go up!
A 350Z “collector car”????

I find that highly amusing. Only one that even comes close is a Nismo, for now. And that’s pushing it.

But if anyone wants a “collector” 33, I’ll sell you my 77k “first year car”.... and that’s how you market spin that! 😆
Old 09-26-2020, 07:14 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

The 350z will take a lot longer before it ever reaches collector status. My own Z after almost 16 years of ownership is at only 40k miles and I know there are lots of members out there that have kept their Zs and rarely drove them. Some of them fitting my description pop up every now and then- low miles, unmodified, all original paint, 1 owner at fair market price. There's been a few that have been for sale over the last couple years even on this forum. Its not impossible to find is what I am saying.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:02 PM
JJTZ350

HR, low mileage, $10K USD, looks to be clean.
Some tasteful mods IMO, where you can even sell them to gain on top. Would prefer OEM headlights, but my guess is owner thought DEPO looked cooler since it was black. I believe this is a good value in my opinion. Considering I shelled out $14K for a slightly higher mileage one-owner HR Z for 06+ Navi. haha ( I feel ripped off now)

Take it for a spin, make sure it runs healthy. Mechanically sound is important. Ask the owner if he's done gallery gasket or valve covers yet. If not, save some pennies, you'll need them later on. Trust your gut, don't convince yourself any other way.
Thanks I do appreciate the feedback I honestly was feeling a little skeptical after posting this but this definitely gave me a bit of ease at mind. It seems like most people on threads lately prefer to debate about who's right/wrong or are quick to dismiss your plea for a second opinion rather than to offer some solid advice..
zwei_the_c (09-27-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 09:23 PM
Sparklan

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I paid $18K for my 08 NISMO last year with only 28K miles. (Currently at 34K miles) It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn close. There's a slight hit under the front front nose (most likely bumped a curb), and some idiot pushed too hard on the rear hatch to close it a few times so there's a few dents on the rear hatch. The only one I found in better shape was one with 12K miles, but he was asking $30K (Sold it for $25) and it was PERFECT. No scratches on the interior or exterior. Wasn't worth it to me because I plan to DRIVE it, and it was white which I didn't like. That may give you an idea of what they're worth in great to excellent condition right now. At least in the Midwest area, not sure what their actually selling at in Cali as that seems to be where most of them are.

As far as the current Z in question... This Z has a NIMSO front end, but obviously isn't a factory built NISMO and he didn't finish it by painting to match. (Never understood mounting a new body panel without painting it) I would definitely take into account the cost to properly paint that front end and spoiler to match which would cost around $1200. I just priced it at a reputable shop because my Z had a license plate bracket which put a mark in the hood and was thinking of repainting it. My opinion, start looking nation wide and think about transport if you want a decent example.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:31 PM
zwei_the_c

Those prices are NISMO prices. A standard Z shouldn't come close to those prices unless engine swapped, crazy turbo set-up, or show car built.

+1 to factor in paint costs, albeit you probably can do both for $800 or less IMHO if you look around. But if you don't care for the wing, sell it, or the Nismo front bumper, sell it (don't sell the Nismo bumper for less than $800 at least)

I do agree to Sparklan's idea. I think if you wouldn't mind, why not expand to Nationwide. You get the full menu to flip through. When you've decided, fly in, and drive it home. This is a test of its reliability as well. Granted it is just a Nissan 350Z. Totally not an Acura NSX *cough* Airplane tickets are cheap these times.

But ya, forums are cool. Filled with *years* of information which is something to support, unlike Facebook groups being full of toxicity.