MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   03 350z touring no start, fuel pump good (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/619434-03-350z-touring-no-start-fuel-pump-good.html)

Njohnson2294 05-15-2018 02:18 PM

03 350z touring no start, fuel pump good

I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 03 350z touring. It currently cranks but will not start. Getting spark, and fuel pump is good and working, but will not start. I can only get it to start and run shortly with starting fluid, but once I cut the fluid it dies back out. Anyone have this problem before or can shed some light in the situation? Any help is much appreciated.

Kevin Skene 05-15-2018 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Njohnson2294 (Post 10956368)
I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 03 350z touring. It currently cranks but will not start. Getting spark, and fuel pump is good and working, but will not start. I can only get it to start and run shortly with starting fluid, but once I cut the fluid it dies back out. Anyone have this problem before or can shed some light in the situation? Any help is much appreciated.

Codes? Done any work on it recently?

Njohnson2294 05-16-2018 04:09 PM

No start

Only body work. Throwing a P1615 code.

dboyzalter 05-16-2018 04:13 PM

Did you run out of gas?

If it starts with starting fluid, its not getting gas injected into the cylinders.

tmdz 05-16-2018 04:20 PM

P1615 NISSAN - NVIS Difference of Key

Possible causes

• Faulty or not programmed ignition key
  • Faulty IMMU
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
What does this mean?

Tech notes

This code is usually triggered when a not registered or damaged key is used to start the engine. When the starting operation is carried out five or more times consecutively with the same unregistered key, the system will lock.

If the problem occurs try disconnecting the car battery for about 30 minutes and then try starting the engine with a known registered key. If the problem persists you have to have the dealer erase the code and reprogram the keys again.
What does this mean?

When is the code detected?

IMMU can receive the key ID signal but the result of ID verification between key ID and IMMU is not good.

Possible symptoms

• Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
  • Engine would not start

P1615 Nissan Description

An immobilizer is an electronic device fitted to an automobile which prevents the engine from running unless the correct key is present. This prevents the car from being hotwired after entry has been achieved.

The microcircuit inside the key is activated by a small electromagnetic field which induces current to flow inside the key body, which in turn broadcasts a unique binary code which is read by the automobile's Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM determines that the coded key is both current and valid, the ECM activates the fuel-injection sequence.

The immobilizer function of the Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System (IVIS) or Nissan Anti-Theft System (NATS) consists of the following:

- NATS ignition key

- NATS antenna amp. located in the ignition key cylinder

- Body control module (BCM) or (IMMU)

- Engine Control Module (ECM)

- Security indicator lamp

https://www-autocodes-com.cdn.amppro...ages/15644.gif

tmdz 05-16-2018 04:20 PM

Double post - My phone hates this site.

Dr. Venture 05-17-2018 05:11 AM

I would have said bad Cam Sensor/s but if you get this code it's the KEY losing communication and the vehicle assuming it's being robbed.....Shutting down Fuel. Perform "key reprogramming"

Unforn unlike the FOb there is no way to program w/o the use of a scan tool.

Micheal Wilds 06-30-2018 11:03 PM

Thanking maybe im having this problem but im not throwing any codes yet, mines just cranks and cranks guessing maybe my injectors quit?