Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Engine upgrades/other advice needed

Old 05-24-2018, 07:45 AM
SpartaEvolution

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

FYI 'Warped' rotors will still EASILY engage ABS (or lock up your wheels), so in the future, if you're looking for a better excuse as for why you crashed your car, you should blame old/bald tires.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:09 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by bad boyz
You just walked into a hornet's nest best to access the damage by your insurance carrier total it and start from scratch,seems like the damage was pretty serious to damage a crankcase regardless how it was damaged,your story just doesn't hold much water so just take inconsideration your talking to car people with a lot of experience,so just embrace the wisdom and come correct if you want some good advice!!
Something tells me, seeing that the OP bought & paid cash for this car(respectable), and subsequently didn't have payments/loan/lien against the title he only had 'liability' coverage on the car.

If he had full/comprehensive coverage this wouldn't be a topic bc insurance would handle it.

OP - did you have full coverage or just liability on the car?

With that being said - I switched my coverage over to hagerty a few months ago bc your policy is based off your listed value of the car - not KBB or the insurance company's database.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:15 AM
StephenM57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bealljk
Something tells me, seeing that the OP bought & paid cash for this car(respectable), and subsequently didn't have payments/loan/lien against the title he only had 'liability' coverage on the car.

If he had full/comprehensive coverage this wouldn't be a topic bc insurance would handle it.

OP - did you have full coverage or just liability on the car?

With that being said - I switched my coverage over to hagerty a few months ago bc your policy is based off your listed value of the car - not KBB or the insurance company's database.
Bought the car at a dealership, and paid it off fully in cash. Only had liability because i was on my family plan, and my parents didn't tell me that i didnt have full coverage even though i was willing to pay for it.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:17 AM
StephenM57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bad boyz
You just walked into a hornet's nest best to access the damage by your insurance carrier total it and start from scratch,seems like the damage was pretty serious to damage a crankcase regardless how it was damaged,your story just doesn't hold much water so just take inconsideration your talking to car people with a lot of experience,so just embrace the wisdom and come correct if you want some good advice!!
i was 100% open to advice but people are just ignoring the point, and being childish by throwing insults to someone they dont know, and dont know the full story. Its kind of pathetic tbh.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:55 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Your car is most likely totaled, you should buy a new car and part out this one. Still haven't gotten any pictures of the actual damage...

Do you really think your just going to dismantle this engine and replace a few pieces and have a drivable car again?

Was your car missing the massive aluminum bumper that sits behind the bumper?

How about the nice radiator support thats also most likely destroyed at this point?

Add the engine work into the mix and it seems like this car might be best parted out.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:19 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by StephenM57
Hey, my name is Stephen i'm 18 and i own a 2008 Nissan 350z (paid for it myself, paid for insurance myself, and mostly paid for the gas myself with a little help from my parents occasionally) . I recently got into an accident because some d*ckhead purposely tried to cause a crash because he saw a teenage white boy driving a nice car, and assumed my parents got it for me(which he made obvious later by the comments he made after the crash). Dude waited for a car to get next to me so i couldn't swerve out of the way, and just slammed on his brakes for no reason while going 70 down the highway, and now i have to pay for all of the damages done to my car because i had no way to prove what he did. Anyways the crash caused engine damage, and cracked the cover to the timing chain, and now the crank will only turn 180 degrees so obviously some internal damage has happened. Took it to a mechanic, and he said i probably cracked a rod which i highly doubt dude just sounded like he was trying to get me to pay him to engine swap. Im thinking the cheapest option would be to just pull my engine myself disassemble it, replace any broken parts, and upgrade some internals along the way since i already have it open, and out. I was wondering if there are any semi cheap upgrades (around 500ish and under just to add a little torque/horsepower) i should do to the engine/things i might want to replace with a new part, or if you think there is a cheaper/better option any advice would be appreciated. Also what are good sites to buy engine parts off of, and i had someone tell me i should machine the engine, any thoughts?
Any help would be much appreciated, also i am new to this sight so i apologize for any mistakes made.
I'm super curious about this section in particular. Some guy intentionally caused you to crash due to your race???
Old 05-24-2018, 11:23 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
I'm super curious about this section in particular. Some guy intentionally caused you to crash due to your race???
Hey what would you know about being a white male, struggle be real.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:35 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

OP: Print this thread out, put it in an envelope and re-read it when you're 40. Then you'll understand why the grown-ups can't wrap their heads around your little yarn.
The following 3 users liked this post by zakmartin:
bealljk (05-24-2018), SpartaEvolution (05-25-2018), terrasmak (05-26-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 01:02 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Hey what would you know about being a white male, struggle be real.
I can hardly imagine what it's like to eat foods with no seasoning and suffer through potato salad made with raisins.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:30 PM
tmdz

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Either try to be semi helpful, and not a total d*ck for no reason, or stop replying
Wow - You are going to make friends around here quick.......

350z's are a dime a dozen. You can find expensive ones, cheap ones, 100% stock, somewhat modded, FI'ed, tracked out - You name it. All probably within 100 miles of your current location.

"my parents didn't tell me that i didnt have full coverage even though i was willing to pay for it." Anybody else see a pattern here?
Old 05-24-2018, 05:31 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

and my parents didn't tell me that i didnt have full coverage even though i was willing to pay for it.
there you go blaming other people again!

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
playing the race card!!!

I have a great idea...

You should go tell your parents they OWE you a new car because this is ultimately their fault!

When they start to giggle and look at you confused, explain to them that they raised you to be a snowflake and there's no reason why you should be responsible for your own actions!

Last edited by bealljk; 05-24-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:30 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Sounds like he hit a lifted truck with ball hitch hanging down. If the hitch was right above the crash beam, it will easily peel the car back to the engine

Warped rotors, if you are blaming the accident on them at all, you should not have been driving the car till fixed.

Please tell us more about the accident, we’re you just being stupid, not paying attention or set up for an insurance scam.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:04 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

^who knows with this OP ...

I'm a part-time dick and fab'd this up ... If someone rear-ended me it'd be a bad day for them ...

I ended up taking it off bc it posed a liability to me...but g'd it worked!!