Lool
Old 07-09-2018, 05:45 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Old 07-11-2018, 06:42 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

I just looked up the prices for a legit HKS exhaust system and they ranged from $1200 - 1400.00. Is that really considered 'expensive' these days based on its importance to the car? TBH, I think I paid more for mine when i bought it back in 2007.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:59 AM
ThatRussianZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
I just looked up the prices for a legit HKS exhaust system and they ranged from $1200 - 1400.00. Is that really considered 'expensive' these days based on its importance to the car? TBH, I think I paid more for mine when i bought it back in 2007.
It is considered expensive when I am trying to go through college and also support my car passion at the same time. The way I think of it, there are some things I don't skimp on when it comes to my Z. I use the best possible oil when changing my oil, I use high quality parts when changing my brakes or suspension components, things that matter to my safety and also matter to the Z. For example my coilovers aren't ebay, NO way, because that could change the very dynamic and feeling of a car and could even lead to a crash if they fail. They are Apexi N1 Evolution coilovers and every other suspension component is Whiteline. My brakes are Stoptech Stage 2 kit with the stainless braided lines, rotors, pads and fluid. Even my detailing supplies I get the best because I want to preserve my Daytona blue and don't want to damage my interior or exterior with cheap chemicals.

But an exhaust? The only danger to me or the car would be the exhaust rusting out, or sounding bad, the latter of which this one does not do, it sounds almost exactly like my friends legit HKS Hi-Power. Come on, when I am in school I can't be dropping money on a real exhaust. Yes yes, I can get another cheaper legit exhaust for around 600-800 but I like the look of the Hi-Power and it turned out much better than I expected.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:29 AM
K20Z350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you came on the forum making the same mistake so many newbs make, coming on thinking you already know it all and talking down to others who have established themselves here over the years.

We all know this review isn't highly requested so you're just lying to yourself... and everyone else. Being sensitive and taking offense to constructive criticism from OG members is the quickest way to set yourself on fire. Attacking others because you got hurt from posts that does not even attack you pours fuel onto your thread. Too much ego, thin skinned. In the end all you're doing is this to yourself:

Your last post is honest and earns you cred around here. Easy to survive on my350z have: less ego, thicker skin.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:11 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,055 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by ThatRussianZ
It is considered expensive when I am trying to go through college and also support my car passion at the same time.
I can understand this to an extent. That's why I waited until after all school was finished and I was established with a steady income and a house before I started dropping serious money into a depreciating asset. But, you can still support your passion for cars without spending money or modding your own car

But an exhaust? The only danger to me or the car would be the exhaust rusting out, or sounding bad, the latter of which this one does not do, it sounds almost exactly like my friends legit HKS Hi-Power. Come on, when I am in school I can't be dropping money on a real exhaust. Yes yes, I can get another cheaper legit exhaust for around 600-800 but I like the look of the Hi-Power and it turned out much better than I expected.
Personally, I do think an exhaust is very important. I understand it's not high on your priority list, but it's what gives your car that rumble every time you step on the loud pedal and efficiently moves air out. I think your review may be helpful to others trying to mod on a budget, but as K20Z350 intimated, there are a fair amount of outspoken purists on this site who will never endorse replica parts or cheap mods.

I hope your replica exhaust works out in the end for your needs. You get what you pay for.
The following users liked this post:
WYZIWYG (07-13-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 04:24 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
but it's what gives your car that rumble every time you step on the loud pedal and efficiently moves air out.
I was on the fence between a new S2000 or 350z back in 2005, and Nissan won me over with vq exhaust note. Some car manufacturers define themselves on sound, especially exotics.
bad boyz (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 11:02 PM
bad boyz

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Word to the mother!!!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:26 PM
K20Z350

Originally Posted by bad boyz
Word to your mother!!!
Corrected.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:24 AM
LexD

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Now includes high quality whistle!

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...e-install.html
Old 07-16-2018, 05:37 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by LexD
WHOOO-WOOOOOOOO!!!!

BluestreamDE (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 06:02 AM
ThatRussianZ

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Oh boy, I've never seen that lol. Sadly that's what it sounds like starting at 4k when I punch it. Pretty annoying. Sounds even more amazing than it did without the xpipe but the whistle really ruins it when WOT.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:22 PM
mr. sparco

You could just tell everyone that its a "high quality" blow off valve noise that's included with the exhaust.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:24 PM
ThatRussianZ

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
You could just tell everyone that its a "high quality" blow off valve noise that's included with the exhaust.
Thanks for your helpful insight
Old 07-16-2018, 03:29 PM
K20Z350

Thanks for your helpful insight
Old 07-16-2018, 03:31 PM
ThatRussianZ

Originally Posted by K20Z350
So many salty people on this forum no wonder everyone talks **** about it lol. Person just asks for help with something and you people reply with turbo whistle and salt memes. It's quite entertaining actually.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:12 PM
mr. sparco

So many salty people on this forum no wonder everyone talks **** about it lol. Person just asks for help with something and you people reply with turbo whistle and salt memes. It's quite entertaining actually.
Instigator crying victim. You weren't asking for help in this thread and you're still talking trash to everyone as a whole.

You recommend a cheap ebay exhaust as high quality and now you're having issues with it.

K20Z350 was the first who responded in your whistling exhaust thread and even posted a link for you.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:20 PM
ThatRussianZ

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Instigator crying victim. You weren't asking for help in this thread and you're still talking trash to everyone as a whole.

You recommend a cheap ebay exhaust as high quality and now you're having issues with it.

K20Z350 was the first who responded in your whistling exhaust thread and even posted a link for you.
Lmao another r3tard who can't read. Literally said in my post that when the exhaust was on there without the X-Pipe welded it didn't whistle at all and sounded amazing (just like my friends legit hi-power).

Literally mentioned that it only started after I got the (legit) Magnaflow 11386 welded in.

So what does this have to do with my cheap (only in price) exhaust? Nothing at all actually, and with K20Z350's help I think i narrowed down the problem.

If you have nothing better to do other than be a facking idiot and post your bs on my thread than leave, calling me an instigator even though you started talking **** on my thread first
Old 07-16-2018, 04:49 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

So what does this have to do with my cheap (only in price) exhaust?
Old 07-16-2018, 05:25 PM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

We get it, you're poor.

I mean, we really get it.

The more you defend it (that cheap labor made china rep exhaust), the more you look desperate for acceptance on here.

We simply don't like your exhaust. Either cry and get over it, Or cry and quit the internet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Highly requested review of the HKS Hi-Power Replica. HD Photos w/ Commentary