Highly requested review of the HKS Hi-Power Replica. HD Photos w/ Commentary - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Go Back  MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion > General > 2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Reload this Page >

Highly requested review of the HKS Hi-Power Replica. HD Photos w/ Commentary

Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Highly requested review of the HKS Hi-Power Replica. HD Photos w/ Commentary

Closed Thread

 
 
 
Old 06-21-2018, 11:04 AM
  #1  
ThatRussianZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Highly requested review of the HKS Hi-Power Replica. HD Photos w/ Commentary




















ThatRussianZ is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 07:49 AM
  #2  
Shoomakan
Registered User
 
Shoomakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Posts: 63
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Most people here install that exhaust. It's a bit too raspy for my liking, and the quality doesn't seem as good as what you've posted. Seems you're right about this being a better version.

Let us hear it!
Shoomakan is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 08:16 AM
  #3  
mr. sparco
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sunny Beaches
Posts: 6,393
Thanked 188 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Nice update on the exhaust..
A few things to note from previous ebay exhaust posts..


Metallurgy, packing material, differences in wall thickness throughout, longevity, weld quality: things you can't measure that others here have done in the past. Yes, there has been members on here who work in the welding industry that have measured the metallurgy of the exhaust which shows it is not true t304 stainless but a low grade alloy. The flanges are generally steel that has either been polished and cleared, chromed, or coated to appear stainless. You find out later with time. Seen many posts here saying theirs rusted out or welds cracked.

D2, K2, Speedaddy, specD, etc etc all of those ebay exhausts have one central distribution warehouse here in SoCal. They sell varied versions with slight differences on ebay to appear like different retailers or types. Looking at it taking pictures and calling it "quality" isn't exactly telling.

Congrats nontheless on the new mod!

Last edited by mr. sparco; 06-22-2018 at 08:32 AM.
mr. sparco is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 10:19 AM
  #4  
ThatRussianZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Uhhh.... No.

Originally Posted by mr. sparco View Post
Nice update on the exhaust..
A few things to note from previous ebay exhaust posts..


Metallurgy, packing material, differences in wall thickness throughout, longevity, weld quality: things you can't measure that others here have done in the past. Yes, there has been members on here who work in the welding industry that have measured the metallurgy of the exhaust which shows it is not true t304 stainless but a low grade alloy. The flanges are generally steel that has either been polished and cleared, chromed, or coated to appear stainless. You find out later with time. Seen many posts here saying theirs rusted out or welds cracked.

D2, K2, Speedaddy, specD, etc etc all of those ebay exhausts have one central distribution warehouse here in SoCal. They sell varied versions with slight differences on ebay to appear like different retailers or types. Looking at it taking pictures and calling it "quality" isn't exactly telling.

Congrats nontheless on the new mod!
Actually I won't find out at a later time, because as hundreds of threads have said (including the main replica thread) if you take care of the exhaust and don't winter drive the car and expose it to salt, the exhaust will last 5+ years easily if you treat any exhaust like ****, no matter how high quality the steel is, it will rust. If you buy this exhaust, take care of it and rinse it regularly, it will last long enough, maybe not as long as overpriced brand name exhausts but long enough to get bored of it and want something new also I understand why you might be salty, perhaps you purchased a real exhaust only to realize you can get something close for 1/6th of the price <3 I'll update over the months of course
ThatRussianZ is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 01:55 PM
  #5  
mr. sparco
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sunny Beaches
Posts: 6,393
Thanked 188 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ThatRussianZ View Post
if you treat any exhaust like ****, no matter how high quality the steel is, it will rust. If you buy this exhaust, take care of it and rinse it regularly, it will last long enough, maybe not as long as overpriced brand name exhausts but long enough to get bored of it and want something new
And.. If you leave it in the garage boxed up it will definitely last even longer.

I wasn't chitting on your exhaust if that's what you think. Newbs who post up reviews and think everyone is going to be positive, agree, and give you pats on the back, usually don't last here.

There are tons of members who will crap on you all day long. I'm actually not one of them. Do I agree with your assessment? No. Taking a look at it and taking some pics then say, "Well that's quality and I paid $200 on ebay!" isn't enough for me.


Originally Posted by ThatRussianZ View Post
also I understand why you might be salty, perhaps you purchased a real exhaust only to realize you can get something close for 1/6th of the price <3
That would imply that your exhaust is just as high of quality as authentic and I am somehow "jealous" or "hating," which goes back to my original post. I disagree.

Good luck on your new exhaust, and surviving this forum. Welcome Comrade.
mr. sparco is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr. sparco For This Useful Post:
BluestreamDE (06-23-2018), MicVelo (06-22-2018), WYZIWYG (07-11-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 05:28 PM
  #6  
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mass
Posts: 6,345
Thanked 874 Times in 696 Posts
Default

Congratulations on your new exhaust system.

Last edited by dboyzalter; 06-22-2018 at 06:21 PM.
dboyzalter is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 05:46 PM
  #7  
ThatRussianZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by dboyzalter View Post
Congratulations on your garbage new exhaust system.

Your opinion on actual stainless exhaust is incorrect...

Im so jealous of your ground bolt...

Also I had those same wheels on my parts car... So dope.

Welcome to the forum.


Lel, so salty.

Also, no, those definitely aren't the same wheels
ThatRussianZ is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 05:48 PM
  #8  
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mass
Posts: 6,345
Thanked 874 Times in 696 Posts
Default

They look the same, I still have the stock exhaust off that parts car if your looking for an upgrade.
dboyzalter is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 10:13 PM
  #9  
bad boyz
Registered User
 
bad boyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville,Tn.
Posts: 280
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default

there is no skimping on quality, name brand companies stake there name and reputation on there product and spend tons of money on research and development hence why they charge what they charge. Sometimes just better to save up the money for a product tried and true rather than have a quick replica and get just what you paid for,most of us on this forum have tried and done that and the experience offered up is here rather to help you than hinder!!
bad boyz is offline  
Old 06-23-2018, 05:47 AM
  #10  
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mass
Posts: 6,345
Thanked 874 Times in 696 Posts
Default

Tis true I also had a shitty stainless exhaust and after 6 months the piping was starting to rust. Looked just as good as yours did when it came out of the box...

Only up side was I took it off early, sanded the rust off and sold for only a $50 loss and purchased a used borla that still looks brand new.
dboyzalter is offline  
Old 06-23-2018, 08:39 AM
  #11  
K20Z350
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 128
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mr. sparco View Post
Nice update on the exhaust..
A few things to note from previous ebay exhaust posts..

Congrats nontheless on the new mod!
Nope, you salty.

Originally Posted by Shoomakan
Most people here install that exhaust. It's a bit too raspy for my liking, and the quality doesn't seem as good as what you've posted.
Salty.

Originally Posted by mr. sparco View Post
And.. If you leave it in the garage boxed up it will definitely last even longer.

That would imply that your exhaust is just as high of quality as authentic and I am somehow "jealous" or "hating," which goes back to my original post. I disagree.
Now you real salty.

Originally Posted by dboyzalter View Post
Congratulations on your new exhaust system.
An order of salt, light fries salty.

Originally Posted by dboyzalter View Post
They look the same, I still have the stock exhaust off that parts car if your looking for an upgrade.
You seawater salty.

Originally Posted by bad boyz View Post
Sometimes just better to save up the money for a product tried and true rather than have a quick replica and get just what you paid for,most of us on this forum have tried and done that and the experience offered up is here rather to help you than hinder!!
Summer time during a heatwave construction worker's armpit salty.

Originally Posted by dboyzalter View Post
Tis true I also had a shitty stainless exhaust and after 6 months the piping was starting to rust. Looked just as good as yours did when it came out of the box...

Only up side was I took it off early, sanded the rust off and sold for only a $50 loss and purchased a used borla that still looks brand new.
Straight up street basketball hairy chest open mouth contact salty.



Biggest NaCl up in this place.
K20Z350 is offline  
Old 06-23-2018, 09:32 AM
  #12  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,547
Thanked 1,807 Times in 1,324 Posts
Default



Biggest NaCl up in this place.
I take that with a grain of salt because I only "supported" Mr. Sparco because he's never been a hater and has always been civil, however truthful his words are. The OP took it as a personal attack, which it was not.

Everyone has an opinion, as do you.

Love,

Mort
MicVelo is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MicVelo For This Useful Post:
BluestreamDE (06-23-2018), terrasmak (06-23-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 11:11 AM
  #13  
mr. sparco
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sunny Beaches
Posts: 6,393
Thanked 188 Times in 146 Posts
Default

I aspire to be as salty as you one day Mic.
mr. sparco is offline  
Old 06-23-2018, 12:38 PM
  #14  
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mass
Posts: 6,345
Thanked 874 Times in 696 Posts
Default

I was just being mean because mr sparco is the man and op made a useless first post.


And im so salty they spread my body parts all over the road during snow storms.
dboyzalter is offline  
Old 06-23-2018, 02:17 PM
  #15  
SPM350Z
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
SPM350Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Posts: 327
Thanked 96 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Mmm....this thread has become.....



SPM350Z is offline  
Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM
  #16  
K20Z350
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 128
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dboyzalter View Post
I was just being mean because mr sparco is the man and op made a useless first post.

.
You big meanie!

K20Z350 is offline  
Old 06-23-2018, 03:06 PM
  #17  
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mass
Posts: 6,345
Thanked 874 Times in 696 Posts
Default

dboyzalter is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dboyzalter For This Useful Post:
BluestreamDE (06-23-2018), mr. sparco (06-23-2018), SPM350Z (06-23-2018), WYZIWYG (07-11-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 03:17 PM
  #18  
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mass
Posts: 6,345
Thanked 874 Times in 696 Posts
Default

I was wondering who actually asked for this highly requested review?
dboyzalter is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dboyzalter For This Useful Post:
BluestreamDE (06-23-2018), mr. sparco (06-23-2018), WYZIWYG (07-11-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 03:52 PM
  #19  
BluestreamDE
Pay it Forward
 
BluestreamDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,081
Thanked 228 Times in 186 Posts
Default

My350z, where everyone gets a trophy for trying.


Love how you try to come with a sob story being a victim saying WE'RE the haters for constructively criticizing the purchase on the poor part choice.
BluestreamDE is offline  
Old 06-23-2018, 03:59 PM
  #20  
BluestreamDE
Pay it Forward
 
BluestreamDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,081
Thanked 228 Times in 186 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dboyzalter View Post
I was wondering who actually asked for this highly requested review?


Only thing high quality in the entire original post is his cameras picture resolution. Even then you couldn't convince me to buy this even on a severe black Friday discount.
BluestreamDE is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluestreamDE For This Useful Post:
dboyzalter (06-23-2018), kham25 (06-25-2018)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Highly requested review of the HKS Hi-Power Replica. HD Photos w/ Commentary


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: