Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Body kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 07:04 AM
millerb0209

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body kit questions

I'm looking iinto going getting a urethane body kit, and i've been looking at vicrez, but how does couture polyurethane compare? Couture is much cheaper, but i haven't seen a lot of reviews for either. What do you guys think of this?
Old 09-12-2018, 08:27 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

Urethane is urethane. Just don't get duraflex or fiberglass unless you want to spend about 5-10 hours of additional body work per piece
Old 09-19-2018, 04:08 AM
BQPham

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Look into KBD, quality is much better and Irving (KBD) stands by all his stuff, whether you see issues down the road with sagging, etc. A lot of reported issues with Vicrez. Initially they had sold KBD products, but due to business conflicts they separated and began trying to reproduce the manufacturing process themselves.

Couture seems to only have an eBay presence among a few other sites, not too much feedback. What bumper design are you interested in at the moment? KBD just dropped a Nismo 370z V2 style kit for the 350z encompassing front and rear bumpers as well as side skirts. Much pricier for this though.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:12 AM
millerb0209

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BQPham
Look into KBD, quality is much better and Irving (KBD) stands by all his stuff, whether you see issues down the road with sagging, etc. A lot of reported issues with Vicrez. Initially they had sold KBD products, but due to business conflicts they separated and began trying to reproduce the manufacturing process themselves.

Couture seems to only have an eBay presence among a few other sites, not too much feedback. What bumper design are you interested in at the moment? KBD just dropped a Nismo 370z V2 style kit for the 350z encompassing front and rear bumpers as well as side skirts. Much pricier for this though.
I was looking at the “ams gt” style kits from both, couture is owned by duraflex it seems
Old 09-19-2018, 10:40 AM
BQPham

Fair, that is not offered by KBD. Vicrez does say they stand by their products, but i've hear a plethora of complaints trying to get them to replace sagging bumpers (which won't replace the amount of money you spent on paint).

Between here and the 350z facebook group (20k+ members), theres not a large amount of feedback from Couture so if i had to pick i would say go Vicrez if you're set on that style.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Between here and the 350z facebook group (20k+ members)
Ahhhhh, so that's where they've all gone.

I only occasionally do FB.... mostly to check out what the competition (FB themselves) is doing so I can report it back to my "employer" then develop a program to kill (or semi-copy) them. They do occasionally have good ideas. Hahahahaha.

Unlike my wife, who LIVES on FB.....

Old 09-20-2018, 04:52 AM
BQPham

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Ahhhhh, so that's where they've all gone.

I only occasionally do FB.... mostly to check out what the competition (FB themselves) is doing so I can report it back to my "employer" then develop a program to kill (or semi-copy) them. They do occasionally have good ideas. Hahahahaha.

Unlike my wife, who LIVES on FB.....
In honesty the group is pretty toxic, but entertaining if you aren't weak. Range of grown men down to 16-17 year olds that buy $3,000 DEs to pure trolls. No surprise with how big the group is, but a lot of items get posted for sale, a lot of decent builds, and a lot of trolling as well. Thing is, people will post things for attention or sometimes just an honest question but it could end up with 200-250 comments pretty quick which is hard to track.

Interesting about your "employer". Assuming you work in the CS field? I haven't touched coding in a few years now. (IT NetSec here, but working in the O365/Cloud space now).
Old 09-20-2018, 07:03 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

In honesty the group is pretty toxic, but entertaining if you aren't weak. Range of grown men down to 16-17 year olds that buy $3,000 DEs to pure trolls. No surprise with how big the group is, but a lot of items get posted for sale, a lot of decent builds, and a lot of trolling as well. Thing is, people will post things for attention or sometimes just an honest question but it could end up with 200-250 comments pretty quick which is hard to track.

Interesting about your "employer". Assuming you work in the CS field? I haven't touched coding in a few years now. (IT NetSec here, but working in the O365/Cloud space now).
I find Facebook a little, eh, what's the word I'm looking for.... "shid talkin'" maybe? Not specifically the 350Z page but just in general. I don't dispute the validity of social media as I've heard many a story about "miraculous reunions", "life tips that mean something", etc. But a lot of it is just meaningless "validating of ones self" and other time consuming reading that leads to nothing tangible - at least to me. But it's there and while I don't use it regularly, hey, whatever one wants to do. My wife is keen on telling me, "Oh, but you DO use social media! Your forums are that for you given how much time you spend on them." Ummmm, guilty as charged I guess. Hahahaha.

But as much time as I spend in the virtual world, I much prefer rubbing elbows. (See next)

I don't code. Learned all the languages available when I was in school. But I don't code. Hahahahaha. I spent a quarter century+ selling stuff from hardware to software to web advertising. I now consult to Sales & Marketing orgs within tech companies. My specialty is "Internal Efficiency and Economies of Scale" (gag me... ), a fancy resume term for "I analyze then beat the shid out of poorly run, low revenue producing sales departments". Only difference between when I was the head of sales and now is that I make my own hours and don't carry a quota. HA!

I apologize for the tangental digression.... back to body kits!! Sorry.