Body kit questions - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Body kit questions

Reply

 
 
 
Old 09-12-2018, 07:04 AM
  #1  
millerb0209
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
millerb0209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Body kit questions

I'm looking iinto going getting a urethane body kit, and i've been looking at vicrez, but how does couture polyurethane compare? Couture is much cheaper, but i haven't seen a lot of reviews for either. What do you guys think of this?
millerb0209 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:27 AM
  #2  
iideadeyeii
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lawtown
Posts: 2,729
Thanked 199 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Urethane is urethane. Just don't get duraflex or fiberglass unless you want to spend about 5-10 hours of additional body work per piece
iideadeyeii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:08 AM
  #3  
BQPham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 97
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Look into KBD, quality is much better and Irving (KBD) stands by all his stuff, whether you see issues down the road with sagging, etc. A lot of reported issues with Vicrez. Initially they had sold KBD products, but due to business conflicts they separated and began trying to reproduce the manufacturing process themselves.

Couture seems to only have an eBay presence among a few other sites, not too much feedback. What bumper design are you interested in at the moment? KBD just dropped a Nismo 370z V2 style kit for the 350z encompassing front and rear bumpers as well as side skirts. Much pricier for this though.
BQPham is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:12 AM
  #4  
millerb0209
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
millerb0209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BQPham View Post
Look into KBD, quality is much better and Irving (KBD) stands by all his stuff, whether you see issues down the road with sagging, etc. A lot of reported issues with Vicrez. Initially they had sold KBD products, but due to business conflicts they separated and began trying to reproduce the manufacturing process themselves.

Couture seems to only have an eBay presence among a few other sites, not too much feedback. What bumper design are you interested in at the moment? KBD just dropped a Nismo 370z V2 style kit for the 350z encompassing front and rear bumpers as well as side skirts. Much pricier for this though.
I was looking at the “ams gt” style kits from both, couture is owned by duraflex it seems
millerb0209 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:40 AM
  #5  
BQPham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 97
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Fair, that is not offered by KBD. Vicrez does say they stand by their products, but i've hear a plethora of complaints trying to get them to replace sagging bumpers (which won't replace the amount of money you spent on paint).

Between here and the 350z facebook group (20k+ members), theres not a large amount of feedback from Couture so if i had to pick i would say go Vicrez if you're set on that style.
BQPham is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
  #6  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,395
Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,294 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BQPham View Post
Between here and the 350z facebook group (20k+ members)
Ahhhhh, so that's where they've all gone.

I only occasionally do FB.... mostly to check out what the competition (FB themselves) is doing so I can report it back to my "employer" then develop a program to kill (or semi-copy) them. They do occasionally have good ideas. Hahahahaha.

Unlike my wife, who LIVES on FB.....

MicVelo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:52 AM
  #7  
BQPham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 97
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Ahhhhh, so that's where they've all gone.

I only occasionally do FB.... mostly to check out what the competition (FB themselves) is doing so I can report it back to my "employer" then develop a program to kill (or semi-copy) them. They do occasionally have good ideas. Hahahahaha.

Unlike my wife, who LIVES on FB.....
In honesty the group is pretty toxic, but entertaining if you aren't weak. Range of grown men down to 16-17 year olds that buy $3,000 DEs to pure trolls. No surprise with how big the group is, but a lot of items get posted for sale, a lot of decent builds, and a lot of trolling as well. Thing is, people will post things for attention or sometimes just an honest question but it could end up with 200-250 comments pretty quick which is hard to track.

Interesting about your "employer". Assuming you work in the CS field? I haven't touched coding in a few years now. (IT NetSec here, but working in the O365/Cloud space now).
BQPham is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:03 AM
  #8  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,395
Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,294 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BQPham View Post
In honesty the group is pretty toxic, but entertaining if you aren't weak. Range of grown men down to 16-17 year olds that buy $3,000 DEs to pure trolls. No surprise with how big the group is, but a lot of items get posted for sale, a lot of decent builds, and a lot of trolling as well. Thing is, people will post things for attention or sometimes just an honest question but it could end up with 200-250 comments pretty quick which is hard to track.

Interesting about your "employer". Assuming you work in the CS field? I haven't touched coding in a few years now. (IT NetSec here, but working in the O365/Cloud space now).
I find Facebook a little, eh, what's the word I'm looking for.... "shid talkin'" maybe? Not specifically the 350Z page but just in general. I don't dispute the validity of social media as I've heard many a story about "miraculous reunions", "life tips that mean something", etc. But a lot of it is just meaningless "validating of ones self" and other time consuming reading that leads to nothing tangible - at least to me. But it's there and while I don't use it regularly, hey, whatever one wants to do. My wife is keen on telling me, "Oh, but you DO use social media! Your forums are that for you given how much time you spend on them." Ummmm, guilty as charged I guess. Hahahaha.

But as much time as I spend in the virtual world, I much prefer rubbing elbows. (See next)

I don't code. Learned all the languages available when I was in school. But I don't code. Hahahahaha. I spent a quarter century+ selling stuff from hardware to software to web advertising. I now consult to Sales & Marketing orgs within tech companies. My specialty is "Internal Efficiency and Economies of Scale" (gag me... ), a fancy resume term for "I analyze then beat the shid out of poorly run, low revenue producing sales departments". Only difference between when I was the head of sales and now is that I make my own hours and don't carry a quota. HA!

I apologize for the tangental digression.... back to body kits!! Sorry.
MicVelo is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
dikspiel
SoCal Marketplace
3
06-02-2011 04:05 PM
mkn1620
Exterior & Interior
12
10-02-2006 01:30 PM
azwhobanger
Exterior & Interior
10
03-14-2004 12:13 AM
JPizzle
Exterior & Interior
13
09-18-2003 05:21 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Body kit questions


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: