MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Other driver reactions regarding your car (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/621856-other-driver-reactions-regarding-your-car.html)

oldfreakingguy 05-01-2019 12:21 PM

Other driver reactions regarding your car

I've had my 350 out of its Winter parking for the past few weeks.
I haven't seen this thread re: others reactions to this car.
I drive like a sane adult. I don't care to vie with any other car, yet- others approach me from the rear & apparently want to see what it can do against their Ford Maverick,etc.
Last week I had a Corvette guy pass me on the other side of a 2 lane road revving his engine. I did see the gold chain in the sun
Much to do with about nothing, I guess.

MicVelo 05-01-2019 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by oldfreakingguy (Post 10991891)
I drive like a sane adult. I don't care to vie with any other car, yet- others approach me from the rear & apparently want to see what it can do against their Ford Maverick,etc.
Last week I had a Corvette guy pass me on the other side of a 2 lane road revving his engine. I did see the gold chain in the sun

There are a lot of drivers out there that seem to think they have something to prove or that a car defines the size of their manhood. I just ignore 'em. Have nothing to prove.

Have had a few people do that to me and then they recognize me... "Oh sh*t, it's him!!"... and then slink off at 20mph with tail caught between their legs. Hahahaha.... :icon17:

mr. sparco 05-01-2019 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by MicVelo (Post 10991913)
There are a lot of drivers out there that seem to think they have something to prove or that a car defines the size of their manhood. I just ignore 'em. Have nothing to prove.

+1 Just ignore the clowns. Lots of people out there in all sorts of various state of mind, just like this forum.

WYZIWYG 05-02-2019 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by oldfreakingguy (Post 10991891)

Since owning this car from 2005 until now, I've seen this on both sides of the spectrum. The first few months of ownership I spotted a guy in a pretty well maintained black 300Z. Got super excited and raced through traffic to get up next to him. Don't even know what I was going to do, I guess give him a thumbs up or tell him "Nice car", or just want to be acknowledged finally being the "Z Family". :dunno: Finally got in the lane next to him and the look of utter disgust on his face was a total surprise. From around 2003 to 2005 first time Z owners would wave to each other or flash their headlights, give a thumbs up, etc... But this guy was absolutely having none of it. Slowed down to a crawl to get me to leave him alone [which I eventually did].

Flash forward to 2019, I'm driving home from work and some guy in a built BMW is damn near doing his best to egg me on to race. Tailgaiting, getting super close to me on the opposite side, pacing me, etc... At that very moment, I knew exactly what the old guy in the 300Z was feeling. I'm not trying to race you, don't want to help you live out all the 'Fast N Furious' stuff you missed out on as a child, and definitely not trying to attract the attention of any bored LEOs. Now whenever this sh*t happens, I ignore them. Doing that seems to piss them off much worse than trying to stoplight race or whatever they're trying to do in rush our/bumper to bumper traffic.

The Swede 05-05-2019 10:54 PM

In contrast to the US, Z's are a rare sight to see on the road here in Sweden so people don't see them as "honda civic kids" yet. Same thing with 'stangs to be honest, they're still cool over here. One thing I see alot is people, generally gentlemen in their prime, in front of me slowing down and waving at me to overtake them as if they want to hear me open up the little VQ (with a loud Motordyne exhaust), to which I happily oblige. Makes me smile every time knowing I'm also putting a smile on another enthusiast.

zwei_the_c 05-09-2019 01:58 AM

Guy: "Nice Porsche!"
Me: "Uhh... thanks."

Looked back at my black Z. Nah.