Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How Far Away Do You Park Your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 09:35 AM
ViZion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

farthest spot possible, and squished up against a curb if possible. limit ppls options to farking my car up.

if hte parking lot isn't full, i'll double park in the last few spots (in the back, i'm not gonna inconvenience/**** anyone else off)
Old 02-27-2004, 09:49 AM
toykilla

i have a good 15 minute walk from my parking spot to my office.. worth it to keep my baby safe
Old 02-27-2004, 12:17 PM
zunzet

We've all been there. No matter how far or out of the way, some jerk seems to want to make a statement by parking 1" from your driver door.

I have yet to speak with any of these morons. Maybe next time i'll wait for the d!@# to come back.

Last time I parked my Benz FAR away in a Lowes Home Improvement parking lot only to come out and find a HUGE dent in the upper portion of the right front fender. Had to be an Expedition, or something of that size. You can't win.

Driving the Z is great, parking is another story. Not to mention, LS stands out even more. I'm paranoid!

I'll move it several times if I see someone parking close, while at work. That's just me. Neurotic i guess. I'm sure some of you are too.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:21 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by zunzet
I'll move it several times if I see someone parking close, while at work. That's just me.
I've done that on many occasions. Not just you.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:04 PM
NISMO_GUY2003

Originally posted by monkey7
What sucks for me, if I park far. And the only one there, no one around me. For some damn reason when I come back, there is someone else next to me. There are so many spaces and they choose to park next to me.
It's that same sh*tty force of nature when you get to a movie extra early just to get a good seat, and that jerk that walks in at the last minute decides he's going to sit next to you even though there are other seats open...

Can't explain it. It just happens... Just leaves you pissed off and shaking your head asking "WHY?"
Old 02-27-2004, 06:17 PM
XtaZee

Default Re: How Far Away Do You Park Your Z?

Originally posted by NISMO_GUY2003
Hi Everyone!
The weather was actually nice in Chicago today so I took the Z to work instead of my daily driver. Since my baby is only 2 months old I parked her at a far corner of the parking lot way away from where anyone else would park.

As I took the long walk to my office building, I wondered just how long my paranoia about my Z would last...
Just wondering how long you've had your Z and how far away do you go when parking it?

Do you cringe when you have to make an unplanned stop at the mall? Do you look at valet parkers as if they were the devil reincarnated?
I scraped the bottom passenger side my SB Roadster parking up against a curb that was almost a foot tall and stuck out into the parking lot at a Walmart.

I backed into that spot because it was away from the rest of the cars. When I came back, I put some bags in the trunk, got in the car and forgot how far the median stuck. I scraped the bottom when I made a right coming out of the spot. Made a foot long scrape. Lucky, it's not noticible from the side and you only can see it if you bend down and are close to the car.

I can order a new piece for $225 shipped but it doesen't come painted so I think i'll wait a year and then i'll paint the whole car to fix all the nicks from the cheap paint job Nissan does for the car.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Virginia Slim

I mission from where I park to work cause I love my Z and would never put it in harms way
Old 02-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Bad Azz

I don't necessarily look for the farthest parking spot away. I look for an end spot so there is only one space next to me, and I try to park as close to one side of the space as possible. Although it is easier to find these spaces far away, I'll park up close if it's possible.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:51 PM
MuggeZ

I have to park in the farthest lot in my school in a garage and i always try to get a space where only one side will be next to another car and the other is open space to get to the stairs. i hate this lot cuz im so far from my car (at least a 15 minute walk from it) and i dont trust other people around my z when im not there.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Boomer

Default Re: How Far Away Do You Park Your Z?

Originally posted by NISMO_GUY2003
Hi Everyone!
The weather was actually nice in Chicago today so I took the Z to work instead of my daily driver. Since my baby is only 2 months old I parked her at a far corner of the parking lot way away from where anyone else would park.

As I took the long walk to my office building, I wondered just how long my paranoia about my Z would last...
Just wondering how long you've had your Z and how far away do you go when parking it?

Do you cringe when you have to make an unplanned stop at the mall? Do you look at valet parkers as if they were the devil reincarnated?
Rare or exotic cars parked a long distance away are targets. I park as close as I can to midsized cars and hope for the best. Nothing stays unblemished forever and some people take delight in keying or otherwise vandalizing a car obviously parked to avoid dings or other such damage. Most of the time I park next to nice cars and cars that are parked correctly, ie. inside the parking space. I avoid trucks and SUVs because they are often too big for normal spaces, otherwise I just park it close to an entrance to where I'm going. Valet parkers never touch my cars if I'm driving, my wife always uses valet parking if she can and she tips well. I'm not so trusting.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:35 PM
ksilk

Park all my cars as far away from those who don't care about theirs. Drives the family nuts and the kids say it's because of "Dad's precious car", but you are either that way all of the time or not. I do park rentals closer to the door when traveling, but I still look for a "wide spot".
Old 02-29-2004, 06:46 PM
350Zrunnin12s

anyone have their Z stolen or broken into? When i went to the dlr, someone tried to steal a silverstone Z from the dlrship during off hours.. they didnt get very far the sales guy said the locks r impossble to break into so the guy broke the window.. and he said u need the key to start it cause a screw driver wont start it so ripping the ignition out won't work.. is this true?
Old 02-29-2004, 06:53 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My situation is pretty much a catch 22. I rarely drive my Z to work, but when I do, I pretty much get an entire level of my parking garage to myself. When I take my Z out and about on weekends or what not, parking usually sucks so bad (So Cal) that most of the time you are almost forced to park in a sh1tty spot. Park and pray!!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:54 PM
350Zrunnin12s

also when u guys go to lets say movies, mall or sumthin like that.. do u take the Z.. i had a supra and i would cringe driving it places, very rarely did i ever leave it some place without me being next to it or driving it and i think ill be the same way.. heres my old supra if any of u want to see it http://www.cardomain.com/id/supratt95 cause im only 18 yrs old actually turned 18 last week.. i had the supra for a year, then got a 2001 audi s4 had it for the winter and this weekend i got my Z daytona blue
Old 02-29-2004, 11:59 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by 350Zrunnin12s
anyone have their Z stolen or broken into? When i went to the dlr, someone tried to steal a silverstone Z from the dlrship during off hours.. they didnt get very far the sales guy said the locks r impossble to break into so the guy broke the window.. and he said u need the key to start it cause a screw driver wont start it so ripping the ignition out won't work.. is this true?
The key has the transponder chip that communicates with the ECU. Without the key, a theif will not be able to use a screwdriver ALONE to start the car.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:12 PM
ZeaRay

I found a seamstress who said she could sew some removable padding into my car cover. I'm imagining something like those water "noodles" or styrofoam copper pipe insulation. If she puts a sleeve for the padding about half way along the doors, I could leave the Z in any space I wanted without too much worry about dings. When I return, I can pull the tubes out and fold up the cover normally.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:35 PM
AZZGUY

Originally posted by yobri
Not only the furthest distance away from other cars possible, but also in spaces that at ends near curbs or walls. And I usually leave little space between said curbs or walls. Maybe 3-5 inches or so.

I'm with you- I bought a 1990 300ZX new and I've been that way every since! Always try to get an end parking spot - then try to park straight in - so it would be difficult for someone to bang a door on me! I'm actually paranoid about dents and scratches!!
Old 07-23-2004, 08:26 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I park as FAR AWAY as possible, I think everyone that parks far away has the sam F'n problem with someone parking RIGHT NEXT to them even if their are 50 closer spots, and it isn't like they are nice cars that do it WTF!!
I try to always park where they can only park on one side of me if they HAVE too.
it's like they go out of their way to park next to you to **** you off or sumthin' I DUNNO! It makes me scared to drive my car whenever I have to park
Old 07-24-2004, 04:03 AM
Pusha_Z

at school this white M3 and I have an unsaid parking arrangement in the spot where there are only two spots. We always leave enough space for each other and I have yet to meet the owner.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:32 AM
jun14scr

i park my car as close as possible, in a space that is big enough for coupe doors and has enough clearance on both sides for the other two cars in the adjacent lots.

Quick Reply: How Far Away Do You Park Your Z?