MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Zaino GP? (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/641-zaino-gp.html)

cheap 06-04-2002 10:58 AM

Zaino GP?

Anyone interested? Seems like a lot of people would like to start using it on their cars, and since it's a tad expensive perhaps we could make this our first site Group Purchase.

Lemme know if you're interested.

Dr Bonz 06-04-2002 11:22 AM

Yeah, how about it Jay. Can you (or anyone else for that matter) contact the Zaino boys and see about that? That would be awesome. Maybe I could recoup some of the $$$ I just sent them for my first shipment.

Jill 06-04-2002 11:47 AM

I'd be up for it :)

GATORZ 06-04-2002 03:10 PM

Count me in!

mdouvris 06-04-2002 04:58 PM

Im In!:)

cheap 06-04-2002 05:49 PM

sweet! I'm gonna post on a few other boards I frequent (v6power.com, 3.8mustang.com) then as well and see if I can round up any more suckers - uh, I mean "participants." ;)

gibbsy1 06-04-2002 05:58 PM

Sign me up!

dvlad 06-04-2002 06:29 PM

i'm in. But how is this going to work?

Will it be for the complete zaino kit? select items? or dollar amount?

cheap 06-04-2002 06:38 PM

The easiest way to do it would be to find out what the majority wants to get (I'm guessin the full deal, since that's what I need and sounds like everyone else too), then find a dealer that will lower their price for a GP. Someone collects the $$, sends it in to the distributor, and he mails out the product to every paid party. If there was two major groups that wanted different products that would be easy to cater to as well - simply say, "this half wants this and that half wants that, but we're all together."

I may have an inside line with a dealer (dude I have done a TON of mustang biz with, an internet-only dealer) who isn't currently a Zaino distributor but has been considering it. Usually when a dealer is trying to add a new product to their line they must purchase a set amount of goods initially to become 'authorized', and most dealers are willing to discount heavily when a gp will help them do that. Maybe even take a small loss simply to gain that 'authorized dealer' status.

cheap 06-04-2002 06:39 PM

Also I imagine with an internet retailer everyone can send in their money independantly instead of trusting some stranger with their bux, just as long as they let that dealer know they are part of the GP.

VandyZ 06-04-2002 06:45 PM

Call Zaino. They will be able to answer your questions. They have bulk rates, but you will be hard pressed to find deals. I think all dealers are required to charge the same. They are real helpful, just call. I wish I could participate but I just got my reorder last month and have plenty left. It may cost more in the beginning but it last along time and you dont need much (unless you go crazy with it:D ).

BILZ Z 06-04-2002 08:16 PM

Is it really the best

How does Zaino perform from a sahine standpoint against products like Zymol and Pinnacle Gold Soverign. These have always been terrific products and they are WAX not a polymer type of product as I believe Zaino is. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not against using it, I'm just use to getting great results from Carnuba. My mind can easily be changed ... mind you .. I sold a Mercedes Benz '01 CLK 55 AMG at an $18K loss to buy my 350Z, so I can be converted.:p :p

#15Blade 06-04-2002 09:51 PM

You have to judge for your self. Check the pic posted by 94 TA GT in the Zaino thread here:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....4&pagenumber=2

It seems to be very popular on several forums and enjoys a real following at the shows.

Mez jr 06-05-2002 12:28 AM

yeah Zaino usually has serious price controls and they only like to have one dealer per area, but sometimes there are "sub dealers" my pop is one of these, and basically he buys a buncha zaino from the area sales guy at a reduced rate, then sells it at the msrp (i tease him and call him a mans version of the mary kay saleswoman).

i could talk to my dad about getting a deal, but i doubt he could do too much off, since his margin is pretty small already, so it would be more likely that we could have someone do what he's doing and then just sell it at whatever we get it for to the club members, which would be somewhat discounted from msrp.

Dr Bonz 06-05-2002 01:18 AM

Actually, what I originally meant was to get a discount for the my350z car club eventually. Like after we get bigger all we'd have to do is to show our cards for a 10% discount or something like that.

Mez jr 06-06-2002 09:06 AM

yeah thats what i figured... but since zaino is such a closed situation it'd be hard to get discounts.

like getting discounts on oakleys, you'd just have to know someone.

so more likely we could have the regional clubs have a guy in there who becomes the "zaino connection" this individual would get zaino a bit cheaper than retail, then pass on the savings. or just get a club discount from the local reseller... but that would depend entirely on the individual.

cheap 06-06-2002 11:21 AM

ATTN MY350ZSTORE OPERATOR

Well ok then, here's an Idea -
Whoever is running the My350Z store:

So far we have roughly 20+ people (after only 3 days and two boards) seriously interested in doing a Zaino gp. Why not take this gp as an opportunity to become an authorized internet-only dealer, and then in the future we can sell Zaino thru the my350z store to board members and at discount to club members (such as myself!). This would mean you, whoever is gonna be running the store, needs to contact Zaino or at least get with me asap if interested before I commit to another dealer on this.

Whaddaya'll think?

shoalhaven 06-07-2002 05:15 AM

Zaino

FYI ---

The minimum Zaino 'system' consists of the following:

Z-1 Polish Lok Pre-cleaner & Gloss

$8.95 Case of 12, $95.00

Z-2 Show Car Polish

$12.95 Case of 12, $140.00

Z-6 Gloss Enhancer

$9.95 Case of 12, $110.00

( www.zainobros.com )

Hope this helps.

Dr Bonz 06-07-2002 07:20 AM

I e-mailed them three times to find out if there were any dealers selling Zaino products in my area. They never did e-mail me back so I just ordered from their web site and printed out the order form and sent them a check. They don't do credit cards.

cheap 06-07-2002 08:28 AM

Thanks Shoalhaven... here's my thought on what to get for the gp package..

Z-18 Clay bar
16.95 ea

Z-7 car wash concentrate (not sure but open to opinions)

ZFX Accelerator

Z-2 Show car polish

Z-6 Gloss enhancer

#314? Box of towels?
2.50 ea or $25 for 12 (good for doing multiple coats w/o using dirty rags)

w/o the towels the total without gp pricing is $67.75 per person.

gp pricing (buying everything by the case of 12) comes out to $61.25 per person. These are the msrp prices from the Zaino website, not from a distributor. I think we should be able to get that stuff even cheaper, with as many people that are interested. I'd be shooting for the mid $50s with a group over 20.

Thoughts, comments?