Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Smashed, Crashed, or Bashed your Z? Post a Pic.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 11:56 AM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zuddenly,
I'll be at a different AutoX, not the SCCA one. The one I'm going to is run by a company club, and is quite a bit smaller, but you do more work since there aren't as many people.

Fairlady Z,
I'll try to take some pics this Saturday. I think they did a great job and I can't tell the difference. I asked them numerous times what they thought of the Brickyard because I was also concerned about the matching. They kept telling me it wouldn't be a problem, and it looks like they were correct. Hopefully the pictures give the same impression.

-D'oh!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:14 PM
ZxRage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering that I have a Brick as well I would be intersted to know also. Do you know if they just painted the parts according to the paint code and then installed them? Or maybe they installed them and sprayed the entire car to blend the color. One more question, do you know if they used a camera to do a paint match first? Thanks for any answers. I am getting my body kit done soon and I want to know what they did if you said that it looks good so I will have a better idea when I tackle my project. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:15 PM
kernel

Well heres mine
I was hit by a lincoln blackwood and it crushed the back end of my car in pretty good. it was repaired, i guess so well that the guys at the nissan dealership couldn't tell anything was done. they it was about 12 grand in parts, but i got a body kit out of it and a new borla exhaust so it wasn't a compleat loss. sure there are little things that arn't the same but for the most part its still the same car =D atleast it was in the rear and not the front.. that would have been way worse. i will try to get some pics since i just got the car back from the body shop with the body kit on. =D

Old 03-19-2004, 04:03 AM
rands

i think i post this every time i see a thread like this, but i've yet to see a z after an accident that has taken serious cabin damage. i have not seen any picture that looks as if the driver or passenger would have been killed or seriously injured, even in cars that are completely destroyed.

good news for all of us.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:29 AM
PoWeRtRiP

wheres the pics of the guy in puerto rico whose sister rolled it and he had no insurance?
Old 03-19-2004, 04:53 AM
FairladyZ

No insurance? In texas you cant buy a car (from a dealer) without it. They even call your insurance co and tell them you just purchased a car.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:20 AM
EL Diablo

Here is a smashed Z Pic I recently came across.

Z's crumble like Soda cans when they get Smashed.

Luckly the Z has an Excellent crash safety record.
Attached Thumbnails Smashed, Crashed, or Bashed your Z? Post a Pic.-sunset-crashedz.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 06:32 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Originally posted by FairladyZ
No insurance? In texas you cant buy a car (from a dealer) without it. They even call your insurance co and tell them you just purchased a car.
he said that insurance companies in pr dont insure certain cars like nsx and that like, he had pics of his car and was even parting it out in classifieds it was pretty f'd up
Old 03-19-2004, 06:51 AM
ajk4

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
wheres the pics of the guy in puerto rico whose sister rolled it and he had no insurance?
Attached Thumbnails Smashed, Crashed, or Bashed your Z? Post a Pic.-350-z-002b.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 06:53 AM
ajk4

heres another one i got off wrecked exotics. i submitted some pics of my wreck to them, but i've yet to see them up on their site.
Attached Thumbnails Smashed, Crashed, or Bashed your Z? Post a Pic.-1980350_roll_2-med.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 01:08 PM
CLS

Originally posted by EL Diablo
Here is a smashed Z Pic I recently came across.

Z's crumble like Soda cans when they get Smashed.

Luckly the Z has an Excellent crash safety record.
That is Jeremy from Atlanta. That crash was awhile ago and he has replaced it with another Lemans Sunset.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:46 PM
350ed
Professional

rands: There was a car mag worker that died in their long term car. Probably no seatbelt though.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:06 AM
nismor33

I was half way through typing info on my S13 Silvia with SR20DET in the thread about the Z with the SR but thought its better placed here.

Picture 400+HP and someone who saw it in a car mag and decided they wanted it more than me...unfortunately someone who could not drive!!! I cant believe there was not even a drop of blood in there!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Smashed, Crashed, or Bashed your Z? Post a Pic.-engine.jpg  
Old 03-20-2004, 03:07 AM
nismor33

Another
Attached Thumbnails Smashed, Crashed, or Bashed your Z? Post a Pic.-frntside.jpg  
Old 03-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Superfly84zx

What the hell's going on... are these Z's bullet magnets...I ain't never seen such violent deaths before...?!
Old 03-20-2004, 05:11 PM
NismoKid

Here's mine. It's not much, but it pissed me off when it happened. The before is on the left and after on the right.
Attached Thumbnails Smashed, Crashed, or Bashed your Z? Post a Pic.-my350z8.jpg  
Old 03-20-2004, 05:29 PM
ViZion

late night, cold tires, cold road, turned off vdc.
Attached Thumbnails Smashed, Crashed, or Bashed your Z? Post a Pic.-rearwheel.jpg  
Old 03-20-2004, 09:16 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by dougrace zs
This is what happens when you let one of your employees borrow the car. Both driver and passenger walked away (neither were wearing seatbelts).

It's good to know that they walked away, but it just blows my mind to think that anyone in this country could drive a car without wearing a seatbelt... especially out in a sports car doing some hard driving. I can't even comprehend doing such a thing. When I get in any car, my first completely automatic action is to put on a seatbelt without even thinking about it.

Well heck. Now that I think about it, a friend of mine is a UPS delivery truck driver. He nevers wears a seat belt, either, because in the trucks they are in and out so much they never put on the belts. Unfortunately, that mentality just follows him into his personal car. I'm always giving him a hard time about it.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:04 AM
jreiter

Don't know if this is old news or not, but I just saw these pics. Not a Z, but holy shamoly:

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1584624.phtml
Old 03-22-2004, 02:13 AM
350 PILOT

Originally posted by ColecatZ
another
ColecatZ how fast were you going when you hit the pole? I'm just looking how well the car held up! I am amazed, as hard as you hit the pole damage didn't even make it to the roofline. Doesn't look like you had side curtain airbags either.

Quick Reply: Smashed, Crashed, or Bashed your Z? Post a Pic.