Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

are the 18" wheels big enough

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 01:47 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default are the 18" wheels big enough

I haven't seen enough Z's in the light, on the road, etc.... to analyze this. WHen I saw the proto with 20" wheels on it, I thought it looked great. I knew in the back of my head that it wouldn't come with 20s.

I hate Ghetto cars (so don't think I am talking about 23s), But it seems to me that the wheel is inset a little too far (if you look at the M roadster and M couple you will know what I am talking about), since the wheel well goes so far out, and that perhaps 19s would fill the well better??

I am not trying to flame anybodies car, so don't take it that way, I just always fault on the bigger side and feel like maybe a slightly bigger wheel is better than having a wheel slightly to small. The reason this is an issue is b/c I plan on getting the cheapest Z possible (or next to cheapist-Enthusiast) and either get the 18" optional wheels OR probably for less money, a pair of after market 19s (my family owns car dealerships, and while I am not fortunate enough to see any of the profits, I do get cars, parts and aftermarket stuff at wholesale, BUT I wold be willing to bet that the optional 18s on the Z are still more than aftermarket 19s (no, I am not going chrome), so what is the solution???

Ideas??
Old 09-28-2002, 02:14 PM
Brad4rdHay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If tastefull, 19s would look nice, though 20s would look too big. In person, the 18s look fine. 19s would give a more "fleshed to the body look", kame it look more concept car-ish.