Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why can't they just get it right???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Them Bones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, all this sounds like most car dealers I've experienced. Don't think you would get better service at an Infiniti dealer. Mine certainly doesn't understand what an enthusiast is. I had my car damaged on two of two service visits. They partially fixed minor damage to the interior, but refused to fix scratches to the wheel and bumper. Corporate won't help because dealers are "independent", so what is a person to do?
Old 06-15-2004, 08:26 AM
sausage5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone needs to do something big. a random act of violence that so shocks the world. ...and smear writing with the dealer's family's blood saying "this is for all the poor service...
Old 06-15-2004, 09:18 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update:

The dealership finally just replaced the left rear wheel on my car. Yahoo! Now for the bad news....While they got CLOSE, they weren't able to match the finish of the rest of the bumper, and I'm not satisfied. So they've asked to keep my car for the remainder of the week so it can go to a body shop for professional refinishing. This will make a total of 8 days that the dealership will have had my car to do what originally was the replacement of a flat tire. I guess I should give them props at least for not just telling me to go away. I think based on what I've heard from alot of other people here, many other dealers would not still be working on the problem. Additionally, they did provide a rental car for the week.

My big fear now is that they're taking my car to another city to have the paint work done. How will they treat it? How many "hey, it ain't my car" miles are they going to put on it. You know, sometimes it's a real b!tch having a new car.....
Old 07-21-2004, 01:51 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update:

The dealership had the bumper completely repainted. They did what I felt was an average job, and I told them so. They asked me to bring the car in one last time for a final wet-sand/polish, which I just picked the car up from. They really got it right this time. In fact I would say that the bumper is now the best finish on the car. I would also say that the car is at least as good as when I brought it in, which is what I asked for and they delivered.

While it was a painful and extremely frustrating process to go to through with these guys, I'm grateful that they at least continued to address the issue to my satisfaction. Should it have happened in the first place? No. Should it have taken so long to correct? Absolutely not. But in a world full of "not my problem" dealerships that would have washed their hands of this weeks ago, these guys did ok. They've redeemed themselves enough to earn my continued patronage of their services, which is saying something because when I say I'm not going back, I typically mean just that.

Issue: closed.