Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ahhhhh, I got screwed!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Zay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude I ordered 3/2 and got my VIN# three weeks ago with a delivery date of 10/23. Talk about going crazy!
Old 10-08-2002, 05:00 PM
sands

Zay,

Did your dealer say your car would be delayed because of the strike?
Old 10-08-2002, 05:20 PM
mdouvris

Default Chill

Ordered 3/1 damn car is on a boat anchored off the CA coast!!!
It will come
Old 10-08-2002, 05:44 PM
Zay

Originally posted by sands
Zay,

Did your dealer say your car would be delayed because of the strike?
I haven't talked to him in the last two weeks. But, there have been so many times in the past that I would call for an information update and he wouldn't have anything to tell me so, I figured he wouldn't be able to tell me anything that I don't already know in regards to the strike. However, to his benefit whenever there was some information he did call me. Just hasn't been a lot of info to pass along I guess. The next time I hear his voice I want to hear him saying, "Jose your car is here and ready to be picked up"!
Old 10-08-2002, 05:48 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default Patience, Daniel-san

If you pre-ordered in the summer, you should feel fortunate to be getting your car by December. There are those of us who waited longer than that. Cars have been coming in early, so perhaps you won't have to wait until December after all.

If you live in VA, I would guess that your car will arrive in Newport News. Anyone in VA care to confirm?

FWIW, my order was the 1st one sent by my dealership back in January. For various and sundry valid reasons, I just received my car yesterday. Have patience... your car will come.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:07 PM
Todd

If you're in Virginia (where in VA, BTW?) your car will come through Newport News. If you ordered in the summer, your lucky you're getting it this fast. I ordered in Feb. and got it on Friday. But there were about a dozen people in front of me who haven't gotten it yet.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:09 PM
BillyV

Any so called pre-order past early March is more than likely not truly a "pre-order". The true pre-order program did not last long. If you pre-ordered you would have recieved a confirmation package from NNA. Most orders are actually just run of the mill dealer allocation orders that can only be submitted to NNA after the real pre-order cars are sent to NNA.
I think there needs to be some clarification and understanding amongst everyone as to exactly what it is they think they ordered and what it actually is.... a regular run of the mill customer specific order. The true pre-order program is long gone!
It goes to Nissans lack of clarity on the issue. Both factory and dealerships.............
Old 10-08-2002, 06:21 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by BillyV
Any so called pre-order past early March is more than likely not truly a "pre-order". The true pre-order program did not last long. If you pre-ordered you would have recieved a confirmation package from NNA.
Actually, I ordered my pre-order at the end of May. The pre-order ended early June. Yes, I have the packets (many) from NNA. Yes, I have my VIN. Yes, I have my order number. Yes, it will be delivered this month. Yes, it is a pre-order.

So, any so called pre-orders past early March (as you point out) are most likely, yes, true pre-orders.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:33 PM
BillyV

I guess I'm not as lucky as you Toddluc. The dealership where you ordered still had pre-order allocations available to them. I unfortunately hit up a dealership that had surpassed their allotment and I had to wait before my order was submitted. Such is life... But I appreciate your comments.
I think though that we've made it abundantly clear that anyone with a "late in the game" order is not a "pre-order" as referenced to a 1000 times on this site. This whole process could have been simplified exponentially by Nissan, if they actually gave a sh...
Old 10-08-2002, 07:13 PM
Zonedogg

va preorders can come in from either newport news or norfolk