MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Nissan VP Discount (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/81504-nissan-vp-discount.html)

Z33Concept 07-02-2004 11:17 AM

Nissan VP Discount

I hear this somewhere but I 4got where... HAHAH...... Can someone explain how this works for me.. I think u get like 3 or 6% below invoice price or something like that.... SOMEONE EXPLAIN

THX

sykikchimp 07-02-2004 11:28 AM

My company participates in the VPProgram and we get 2.85% off dealer invoice on any Nissan. It's probably different for other companies/deals?

phoenixZ33 07-02-2004 11:49 AM

Originally posted by sykikchimp
My company participates in the VPProgram and we get 2.85% off dealer invoice on any Nissan. It's probably different for other companies/deals?
Something like that, a little higher percent for Infiniti vehicles. A friend of mine did it on a G35 and with the VPP, he walked out the door paying the sticker price, with tax, title and other fees included.. all in all he saved a couple thousand bucks. I suppose if you're great at bargaining you can get the same price. Dealers aren't required to honor the VPP either, he had to go to several dealers to find one that would.. it really depends.

If it's a hot car (G35 Coupe, Z) they'll be less likely to take it. If it's say a Q45, Altima, Titan or a car that isn't getting additional dealer markups it'll be better accepted. Supposedly the dealer gets a kick back from Nissan North America (they pay the difference) and it still counts towards their monthly totals, but NNA doesn't compensate them for dealer markups... so point is, if the Z is selling with a $1500 dealer markup where as the Maximas are selling for sticker, they'll be losing money on the Z and the Max will make no difference. This is what two different dealers said when they refused to honor it..

dchengmd 07-02-2004 12:08 PM

VPP stands for Vehicle Purchase Program. Basically it's a discount for Nissan employees and businesses that are affiliated with Nissan. As sykikchimp mentioned, the discount adds up to about 2.8% below invoice price.

The way to get a VPP discount is to know someone who works for Nissan or an affiliate. He/she needs to contact Nissan and get a VPP number assigned to your name and address, and give you a business card. You take these 2 things to the dealer, pick your car, and tell him you have a VPP discount number. It's up to the dealer whether or not he will honor it, but if he doesn't, go to another dealership or call around. Around last year there were very few dealerships that would give VPP discounts for Zs, but that's slowly changing.

I searched all over SoCal last year for a dealership that would VPP my Z, and only found 2 in all of Los Angeles. It was worth it, though.

zzz350 07-02-2004 01:06 PM

Lucky VPP Bastards!

MadMax76 07-02-2004 01:38 PM

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMGGGGGGGGG, I check and I am eligible for one!!! Hopefully, if everything will go as planned I will order '05 in 2 month :D.

backagain 07-02-2004 06:59 PM

it is very hard to find a dealership to do it. i work at a nissan dealership and turn many people down. you can also get the destination charge back and also the dealer hold back. you can get more than just the 2.8% below. i think i could walk out with a base model for around 24k. (this is backagains roommate)

Z33Concept 07-02-2004 07:56 PM

that guys for the info I know tons of salesman and Gms getting a Z at my price will be no problem thanks again

jreiter 07-02-2004 10:26 PM

My company also participates in this program, but I was unable to get the deal from any dealers. Like someone said up above, Dealers don't have to honor it if they don't want to. Since the Z is a pretty hot car, it'll be hard to get the VPP deal on one. (Well, it was tough on my 2004 model. Maybe demand is dropping a bit now.)

syf0n 07-02-2004 10:35 PM

I have heard that the Z is not eligible for VPP.

ALong 07-03-2004 07:40 AM

I purchased my Z through VPP and there are a couple of misconceptions everyone here has. A dealer is REQUIRED to honor a VPP request on ANY VEHICHLE. Dealers that are not honoring them are going against Nissan policy. When you get your VPP number and information from Nissan Corporate, they actually have a 1-800 number to call, if your dealer declines to sell you a vehichle under the VPP program. My guess is, if your dealer tells you no and you call the 1-800 number, they will be catching hell from Nissan corporate. As far as cost goes, I got a base Z, no options, cost $25700.

HanZolo 07-03-2004 10:37 AM

My buddy got his base through VPP also, it's definitely eligible. I wish I had met him before I bought mine!

2004 Roadster 07-03-2004 03:05 PM

Purchased mine via VPP. My wife's company was elibible for the plan. (See wives are good for something!) I had to call six dealerships before I found one that would honor the program. Even that dealship really did not want to dicount the car.