Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Who's gonna be @ Texas Motor Speedway June 16th?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 08:28 PM
infinite z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be there, but I don't know anything about it. What is it, and when is it?
Old 06-12-2002, 09:04 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I'm there if anyone can confirm exactly what is to happen at TMS. Is someone going to drive the ***** off of the car? Are we going to get to hear it, see a burn out, whiff the sweet exhaust?

If it's going to be 500 fanatics crowded around one lonely Z just to watch it gingerly mosey out of the parking lot, then no, I have no interest in seeing it.

Let's organize this shiznit.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:32 PM
infinite z

Default F*$% that noise!

Yeah I wouldn't even get up to be there at 6am if they told me I could get a close up look. Maybe stay up till 6 tho

I'll just wait for the pics from InternetAbyss, that will tide me over...
Old 06-12-2002, 11:42 PM
ColecatZ

Default I'm gonna try to make it....

The plan is for them to leave at 8AM sharp so if you plan seeing the Z in person....you'll have to get up early or like me (and was mentioned above)....stay up late.
Old 06-13-2002, 12:57 AM
InternetABYSS

Default just another response to a old topic

its in the parking lot...you can see hear and maybe sit in the 350z....there maybe more than one....Also Mr. K invinter of the z supposed to be there but hes like 92 yrs old so...I dont expect much activity from him....and there is gonna be alot of z club guys there too....That is all.

U GOTTA BE THERE AT 6 AM because the cavan leaves at 8 sharp.

I figure if I get there at 6 it will give me more time till the crowds get there...

SEE YOU GUYS THERE....you can make fun of the car im driving know since i sold my BMW.....im know driving a 96 eagle talon tsi till 350z gets here....
Old 06-13-2002, 01:04 AM
Zay

Still debating on showing up, that is pretty early in the morning. Plus, I gotta find out how to get there (I'm new 'round these parts).
Old 06-13-2002, 01:05 AM
infinite z

Yeah forget it. Saw it at the Dallas auto show, ain't worth the pain of getting up that early/staying up that late...but...tempting...dammit! Are you positive we can get up close, or just have to hang out in the stands? Thanks for the info Abyss.
Old 06-13-2002, 01:21 AM
infinite z

Well I didn't actually get to sit in it at the show, just get up close. I would really love to go get the chance to sit in it, but I'm quite certain I'll be drunk and/or passed out at 6am Sunday
Old 06-13-2002, 02:47 AM
droideka

Zay, JDZ, you guys are close to me in Frisco and I can get to downtown Fort Worth in 40-45 minutes heading out 121. TMS is only a little further West from there. We could carpool in my gay-*** Civic as long as Abyss could confirm that:

A. If we get there that early we *might* get to sit in it;
B. At the very least we get to witness someone driving the car and hear it's "Italian-like" exhaust.

Abyss, what gets you in the seat if that's even an option? Would we need to bring the confirmation letter? Do pre-orders have an advantage for getting up close and personal with the car?

EDIT: I looked at the map. I can get there in well under an hour. 121 to 114. at that time of day it's smooth sailing. Anybody have a V1?

Last edited by droideka; 06-13-2002 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:57 AM
InternetABYSS

Default like i said i gotta special invite....

i got a invite from Johnny Gabble....she is the ex secratary for Mr.K and a life long friend of his. Now she is in charge of all the zclubs for nissanusa.....I talked to her and a couple other folks awhile back and a couple weeks ago she sent me the fax thats posted on www.internetabyss.com...... never met her face to face but she told me to ask for her and then she would let me meet mr. k and get some pics of the z and stuff. Last time that meant 30 mins with me and the Z so I'm hoping i get the same thing....I'll beg and I bet ill be sitting in it again...maybe they will take me for a spin ...I just depends on how crowded it is this time I guess....Most of her attention will be on the Z CLUB members but if im in my social mood i'll get the works.
Old 06-13-2002, 03:09 AM
InternetABYSS

Default oh yeah forgot to answer all your questions

A= Yes......smiling and kissing up works for me....less people there the more chance we can sit in it.
B= Yes we will hear what it sounds like and if we persuade the driver to do some burn outs it might be a really cool thing to witness and hopefully record.

Like I said...meet me there and i'll go meet Johnny....Then i'll ask if you guys can sit in it too but its been a month since she promised me....so lets hope she holds her promise like the vp of marketing did.

everyone here knows what I look like right? My pic is on my website www.internetabyss.com most likey ill be driving a blue 96 eagle talon tsi<<i didnt think buying a nicer car would be smart just to drive it a couple months till I get my Z.

If you wanna bring your black confirmation letter....thats fine...but i don't know if that will do anything.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:17 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

I was planning on carpooling with Jason a while back... I dont know if its still on... I am planning to go either way. I will be leaving from NW plano (tollway/121)... Anyone want to caravan?

michael
Old 06-14-2002, 12:49 AM
droideka

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
I was planning on carpooling with Jason a while back... I dont know if its still on... I am planning to go either way. I will be leaving from NW plano (tollway/121)... Anyone want to caravan?

michael
This sounds like a good idea for a meeting place. Corner of 121/Tollway... we could meet in the Blue Mesa parking lot. Take 121 to 114 to 35W and we're there.

Who's in? Time?
Old 06-14-2002, 01:13 AM
InternetABYSS

Default I live right nex to vista ridge mall in lewisville off 35e

Mike I emailed you back....I'm up for anything not doing much this weekend....call me if your gonna pic me up.....LOL 121 and tollway is back tracking for me...i plan to go 35e north to denton...about 15min drive then by tom fouts field the exit for 35w is there and you drive it for about 15min to texas motor speed way...thats how i plan to go if i dont carpool.....it will be fun...I'd like to meet some folks on here in person....until now it feels like im just talking to internet ghosts...LOL

Jason....

i'll give my cell out i dont care i got like 5000 min free on the thing... just dont call me if you not in the southwestern voice stream area I wont answer i'm cheap......call me at 469-231-3234...I'll meet up or carpool or whatever...I think it will be more fun going with Z fans then just doing it solo like i did at the autoshow.

Quick Reply: Who's gonna be @ Texas Motor Speedway June 16th?