MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Dashboard Rattle might not be dashboard... (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/92672-dashboard-rattle-might-not-be-dashboard.html)

autois4pussies 09-22-2004 12:28 PM

Dashboard Rattle might not be dashboard...

Hey guys how are ya. I know a lot of people are getting a rattle from what seems like the center of the dash. Well I can now say I am 100% rattle free. I kinda figured it out. Its the rear view mirror fellas... When the rattle starts give the rear view mirror thing a little squeeze kinda like how u would squeeze a sandwich with one hand or sometin (squeeze top and bottom together kinda) Apparently its made of two parts that snap together and this gets loose and rattles or something.

That fixed my rattle i hope it fixes yours.

enjoy

MikeW 09-22-2004 12:48 PM

That's right....just give the mirror a squeeze.
Rattle does sound as if it's coming from the dashboard but the squeeze works for me. Go figure?

Z_Coaster 09-22-2004 02:29 PM

had mine replaced under warranty a long time ago. No more squeezing for me.

Silver04Z 09-23-2004 05:31 AM

Good looking out guys.

autois4pussies 09-23-2004 05:22 PM

so for how many did that work? is there anyone that truely has a rattle in the center console?

pacificwindsurf 09-23-2004 08:55 PM

Thank you !!! That was it! I can't beleive it, I was sure it was the dash board. So how many people have got the mirror replaced? Do we just have to live with it, or if it makes noise is it defective?

mofoz 09-23-2004 09:01 PM

mine rattles like crazy, and every time i bring it to the dealer they just tighten it, nothing else.

autois4pussies 09-23-2004 10:11 PM

im glad this helped because it did greatly annoy me. Dealers give us quick fixes cuz they dont give a damn if it really works or not just as long as we get out of their face. Ive stopped trusting them. I only trust performance for my oil change, but nothing else really. They managed to give me a hard time when i had a parking brake issue. Took 4 hours to tighten parking brake and to do an oil change?? watever...

im just glad to help contribute to this awesome forum that has given me soo much

take care

zh.guitar 09-24-2004 10:12 AM

I'm gonna try this today! I have the rattle occasionally. I read a post about this in the past and noticed that the mirror (sliding piece) does rattle. I actually thought it was two different rattles because I swear it's coming from the dash. Now I'm thinking hmmmm if it's two different rattles why is it that I never hear them both at the same time? I remember a post where someone shoved some dual stick tape or something in the sliding piece of the mirror to secure it and that should fix it.

I'll report back soon.

Anyone else have input on the rattle?

bimmer10 09-24-2004 10:50 AM

Well it sure was the mirror. I was sure it was coming from under the passanger side dash, I would even lightly bump the dash and I would hear the rattle. Its pretty interesting how sounds travel in this car.

Thanks!

sisco534 09-24-2004 12:00 PM

I took mine off . The 10inch subs almost made it rattle off so I took it the rest of the way dont need it anyway it is there to cover up the electric cord coming from the rear view mirror , I have a rattle up by my defrost air vent I cant seem to find out what it is. The wierd thing is it happens when it rains mainly or early in the morning has to do somthing with condensation... I may never know

cedusett 09-24-2004 12:14 PM

My car came with a little piece of plastic over that cord from the rear view mirror and it used to rattle so i took it off, the squeeze trick used to work on my mirror but I don't hear it rattling anymore for some reason so I'm happy

stevem 09-24-2004 12:24 PM

Mine did the same thing too. I tried squeezing it but the damn thing kept rattling. Dealer replaced the mirror for nothing, now no rattle. :)