MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   goodbye my beloved (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/96190-goodbye-my-beloved.html)

jmombour 10-24-2004 10:53 AM

goodbye my beloved

She was taken at a far too young age. Barely 14,000km's on her. I traded her in last month on an 05 Altima 3.5SE and the guy who bought it totalled her after just 5 days of owing her. I cried when I saw her. The salesman said they didn't have the heart to tell me about it. I just happened to look across from the dealership when I was there picking up my vehicle from servicing.

Click here for the whole story and pics

I am so disgusted, I feel like I just lost my best friend. Words simply cannot describe the horrible feeling I have in the pit of my stomach right now... :icon22:

The Brickyard Rat 10-24-2004 10:58 AM

It is amazing to see how intact the passenger cabin is; Nissan did a really good design job from a safety standpoint.

Masterfulks 10-24-2004 11:43 AM

Perhaps it's better for it to go out in a blaze of glory rather to have been neglected for years....

tnkrstoyco 10-24-2004 11:55 AM

Sad jmombour, had several cars over the years that were totaled by the idiot that ended up with them. My 65' SS took out a ups van head on, the drunks were'nt even scratched. My 68' Vette did the end over 4 times and there was nothing left, again the drunk walked away. Never got the whole story on my 67'GTO, it was crushed end to end.

NismoKid 10-24-2004 12:13 PM

Oh man, sorry to hear that :( If I were you, I'd take the shiftknob out and either keep it someplace like your office or put it in your Alti if it's stick.

Dissolved 10-24-2004 12:38 PM

??? coming from the guy who traded it in because it wasnt "practical" ? I'd kill myself too if my owner traded me in for an Altima.

Zathras 10-24-2004 01:45 PM

Sorry you had to see her go like that jmombour

Do you have any particulars about the accident? It doesn't look like a head-on collision, or a collision at all maybe. I'm guessing the guy lost it in a turn and drifted off the road. It looks like the car spun and maybe rolled. Look at all that crap in the engine compartment! Looks like almost no part of the car came through unscathed. The occupants were lucky indeed.

How would you compare the Altima power and handling wise to the Z? I like the Altimas too. Good looking cars with lots of practicality I think. Better looking than the Maximas imo. I had to go with the Z though since I'm single and can deal with the impracticalities of a two seater.

RedBird 10-24-2004 01:48 PM

Originally posted by Dissolved
??? coming from the guy who traded it in because it wasnt "practical" ? I'd kill myself too if my owner traded me in for an Altima.

That was a good one!!

:D :D

TheMinel 10-24-2004 02:11 PM

awww at least its grounding kit still lives, thousands of miles away.... in my Z ;)

nitrousoxidex 10-24-2004 04:57 PM

What a waste...it even had leather seats too. Better off giving those to me and let me cherish them.

JCD 10-25-2004 03:22 AM

Damn, i'm not even own a 350z... imagine my pain seeing such damage to a nice car as the Z. Hopefully that guy will never get to wreck another fine car, or just dies along with it.

Not only for the car, but for fellow man which he is placing in danger with alcohol behind the wheel. That p.o.s!

FairladyZ 10-25-2004 04:27 AM

holy shiz.

Shiri 10-25-2004 04:28 AM

Gawd what a well written thread! Almost brought tears to my eyes too hearing you feel that way!

Of course I can relate when I lost my car like that too...

Poison123 10-25-2004 06:23 AM

Here's a gun.........do the right thing.

jmombour 10-25-2004 06:50 AM

Zathras, from what I was told, he had a bit too much to drink, was driving the car at over 200 kph and lost control of it going into the turn. From what I could tell, it was just as you said, he drifted to the left, the front when into the ditch first and then he rolled it about 4 or 5 times (the salesman told me about the rolling) You're right there is bothing left of it. It's unbelievable when you see it in person. I was in total shock. But I did manage to salvage a little something from her for myself.

The Minel: I'm glad she lives on somewhere else. ;)

As for my Altima, I actually like it very much. I used ot have a Maxima before my Z and I really like the Altima much more than the Maxima. The power and feel of the car is similar to my Z, only smoother. The 3.5 is definitely the way to go if you buy one. The big decision for me to trade in my Z was that I was paying almost $1000 CAD/month for something I drove for less than 6 months of the year (with winters and all) My wife and I will be having children soon and we really need two cars that we can both drive all year round. I refused to drive my Z during the winter so there really wasn't much else of a choice for me.

I may have babied my Z when I had her in terms of taking care of her and all, but when I drove it, I drove it as it was meant to be driven. We have a lot of twisties and nice back roads so I could open her up a bit, but I always respected the car and what it could do. Obviosuly this *** didn't. Peoplelike that don't deserve to own something like this. I hope his insurance won't ever let him drive anything more than a beat up old Pinto.

FairladyZ 10-25-2004 07:04 AM

I am surprised you didnt wait for the Altima SE-R.