Old 04-28-2005, 07:04 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Narf
Old 04-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh Damn! And I was REALLY looking forward to Zainoing YOUR ENTIRE TRUCK!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:49 AM
2003z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
I will volunteer our black magnum if his truck doesn't make it!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
I can trailer it up there for that

Hopefully it is just the guts of a spark plug stuck in valve, no biggie. Anyway I wouldn't waste your time on the Lightning, after Tru-2-Form 'finished' the body work on it, I'm almost ashamed to say it is mine.

On a side note, how many bricks do you think we'll get up there?

LG
Old 04-28-2005, 09:29 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of at least 3. Anything more than that may be an alltime record for anywhere but the 2003 assembly line.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:32 AM
mzack

Only three to my knowledge. I have a lot of work to do over the next couple of weeks to get the thing ready. 10 more Zaino's will be scheduled.

Brick
Old 04-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003z
I will volunteer our black magnum if his truck doesn't make it!

Been there, done that! NOT fun!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Lightning Guy

I'll know more about the Lightning Monday.

Only three bricks? How many were painted brickyard? It is such a beautiful color. One day I might even paint the L brickyard, mabey then McDuck would leave me alone about it. I doubt it though.

LG
Old 04-29-2005, 07:16 AM
mcduck

LG... no reliable source on BY totals. Someone posted around 2400 were made, but I never was able to verify the figure. I do know only Pikes Peak White was made in smaller quantities in 2003, but they have kept that color through 3 years now.

BTW, what's a "vlave" and why would stick a blown plug there?
Old 04-29-2005, 05:00 PM
zzzya

Hey that map needs some updating!! Maybe the only one from Iowa, but I will be there!!! Just need to get some goodies installed before-hand
Old 05-01-2005, 05:30 AM
mzack

Is there a place were we can wash our cars if needed? Should I brink a hose?
Old 05-01-2005, 05:33 AM
mzack

I can't spell this morning. I am still hung over from the stripper party down the road. My neighbors are friends with the owner of several Daja Vu's.

I meant, is there a place we can wash our cars.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:41 AM
JAG

Originally Posted by mzack
I can't spell this morning. I am still hung over from the stripper party down the road. My neighbors are friends with the owner of several Daja Vu's.

I meant, is there a place we can wash our cars.
There was last year, so I would assume it'll be the same this year
Old 05-01-2005, 06:34 AM
mcduck

Hey that map needs some updating!! Maybe the only one from Iowa, but I will be there!!! Just need to get some goodies installed before-hand
Ask and you shall receive! The map below is direct linked to our website so it should update as we make changes...

Old 05-01-2005, 06:37 AM
mcduck

Yes, there is a 'community' car wash area. Also some of the cabins have outdoor faucets if you happen to have your own car wash stuff (with hose).
Old 05-01-2005, 07:09 AM
mzack

Great. I may bring one of those coil hoses. It light weight and doesn't take up that much space. Hey its a great day for working on the car in Michigan. Almost 60 today. You guys from the south are lucky! having it be in the 70s already.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:13 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzya
What part of Iowa and when are you planning on leaving? I was thinking of starting my trip on Wed and going through Chicago, then spending the night in Indy.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:09 AM
zzzya

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
What part of Iowa and when are you planning on leaving? I was thinking of starting my trip on Wed and going through Chicago, then spending the night in Indy.
I plan on leaving Wed and heading to Nashville where I will stay the night and then meet up with the the middle TN Z guys!! They are leaving on Thursday morning for Fontana.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Bini2

Caravans to Zdayz:
Kansas City, KS
Cleveland, OH
Detroit, MI
New England/PA
Alabama
A Town (Atlanta)

Most of the Caravans are meeting up in TN for a Thursaday morning drive into Fontana!
Depart: Nashville, TN May 19 @ 09:00
Make sure you are a part of that caravan!!! PM me or wait for me to post more details as we get closer to Zdayz.

None of these caravans work for you? POST YOUR OWN!!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:51 AM
mcduck

Default Final Newsletter!

May 1, 2005

Hello again!

Here it is… our final newsletter before ZDayZ! In the coming weeks, ZDayZ staff (including myself) will be very busy getting things ready for the event. So, this newsletter will contain all the last minute information you need before you head out for ZDayZ. Please take special note of our news items. Several are pertinent to you getting to the event and checked in properly.

Pre-Registration is Closed!
As of April 30th, pre-registration is closed. From this point forward, all car show registrations and pre-orders (t-shirt or BBQ dinners) will be at regular pricing. For simplicity sake, we would prefer you pay for these items at ZDayZ. If you absolutely have to send your registration payment in advance, there is an updated registration form available on our website now. NOTE: Entrants who submit a pre-registration form (with discount pricing) received following the April 30th deadline must pay the regular event pricing and will be asked to pay any balance due the weekend of ZDayZ.

ZDayZ Check-In
Upon arrival at ZDayZ, all attendees (whether a room is in their name or not) should stop by the Fontana Village Resort registration desk and sign the ZDayZ Sign-In sheet. The Sign-In sheet names will be instrumental in several prize drawings we will conduct over the weekend. If you don’t Sign-In, you won’t have a chance to win! The Sign-In sheet also helps us get a more accurate Z count for the weekend and shows us you have read and understand the Liability Disclaimer for the event.

Also, at the registration desk, you will want to pick up a ZDayZ information packet. This information packet includes a schedule of events, event descriptions, and more about ZDayZ weekend. It is our intent to distribute this document to the newsletter mailing list a week or prior to the event. This should give you time to read over it before arriving, if you wish. One section of the information packet focuses on driving safety. We highly recommend reading at least that section before coming to ZDayZ. Again, this document will be emailed out approximately a week prior to the event.

ZDayZ Welcome Dinner
We hope most already want to attend the Welcome Dinner on Friday night. We encourage everyone to attend as this will be our first chance to speak with you at ZDayZ. Any last minute changes or updates will be presented during the dinner. It is also a good chance to meet your fellow ZDayZ attendees and begin to make plans for your weekend driving. Be sure to wear your most outrageous shirt to the dinner!

ZDayZ XBox Driving Challenge!
So, you think you’re a pro console driver? Well, here’s your chance to prove it! On Friday evening, following the Welcome Dinner, an XBox tournament will be held in the Recreation Center just down the hill from the Main Lodge. Anticipated starting time for this activity is 9:00pm and run time will depend on the number of participants. The games to be used for the tournament include RalliSport 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, and/or Forza Motorsport.

Rounds will either be done as straight brackets or Heat qualifiers with a final bracket. Each race will involve up to 4 players racing on tracks and in car classes decided by ZDayZ staff running the event. Further rules will be provided prior to starting the event.

While this activity is intended primarily for fun, if there is a large enough turnout we will offer door prizes and awards for the best drivers. Following the tournament, we will be happy to arrange grudge match races for anyone who wants to stay up late and do more virtual racing!

Featured Sponsor Club: Carolina Z Club

They say save the best for last… okay, so I’m biased because this is the Z club to which I belong. Carolina Z Club has been going strong for many years and shows no sign of stopping. Based out of Charlotte, NC, this club likes to have fun and entertains a wide variety of events to achieve that goal. From car shows to dyno days to cruises to cookouts to drag days… heck, they even attend a little event called ZDayZ… Carolina Z Club is all about getting together with friends and finding something fun to do. For more information, contact one of the club officers. Their email addresses can be found on Carolina Z Club website, www.carolinazclub.net. Also, be sure to mark August 13th on your calendar. This is the date of the annual ZJam car show hosted by Carolina Z Club and Independence Nissan. It’s always a great show, drawing lots of nice Z-cars from all around the Carolinas.

Featured Sponsor: Courtesy Nissan Parts
A 2nd year sponsor, the great folks at Courtesy Nissan Parts should be on everyone’s contact list. Based out of Richardson, TX, they carry a wide variety of factory and performance parts for you Z-car. Yes, that does include OEM replacement parts for older generation Zs, too. In addition, they carry Z-related merchandise and clothing. They even have parts for other Nissan lines, though I can’t imagine why you would buy a Nissan that is not a Z-car! The best part is you can shop with them easily by visiting their online store, CourtesyParts.com. The site includes pictures and pricing for each item, as well as easy to find contact numbers should you have any questions. For more information or to start shopping, visit them at www.courtesyparts.com.

Featured Sponsor: 350ZFRENZY.com
It may not be the biggest, but 350ZFRENZY.com certainly is one of the best 350Z websites on the internet. The site has been around since before 350Zs started hitting the road and counts some of the most knowledgeable folks in the 350Z community as its members. Within the site, you can find all manner of information related to the 350Z and its drivers, including threads on modifications, regional information, events, technical discussion, racing, and even a few spirited off-topic items! A large number of 350ZFRENZY.com members live in the southeast. So, don’t be surprised if you meet quite a few of them at ZDayZ… just be sure to call them by their screen names so they can maintain a low profile. Find out more by visiting the site… as you can guess, it is on the web at www.350ZFRENZY.com.

That’s all our news for now. I look forward to seeing everyone in few weeks at ZDayZ!!!

Andy Morris
ZDayZ Organizer
info@zdayzevents.com

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread