Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:22 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you from Dayton Also? I met Kevin and his girlfriend last summer at a meet/run. What day are you guys driving down? If thursday you should join the Ohio Caravan.

A couple of us are meeting in Dayton to meet with a bigger group in Cincy (Cincy, Ind., and Clev Guys). Then we hit Lexington to meet the KY are guys and Chicago guys. Should have easily over 20 Z cars in the caravan.

If you are interested check out at /*350ZMotoring*/

or on the Zdayzevents caravan forums.
Actually Im from Mansfield, and due to the fact that Kevin doesn't have our room paid till Friday, so we are going to leave that day, Friday, so we'll be heading in about 5 p.m. Friday evening. I really wish I could come down Thursday but the girlfriend both have school on Thursday's, plus I kinda got to do what Kevin does cause he's the man with the plans. Make sure you take a lot of pics of the caravan for us though.

Oh and thanks to my dumbass in reading all of this I woke up every hour lastnight with dreams of the Tail of the Dragon. Damn me.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Bini2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a correction to my post above:

Best Dressed Engine................ Staff decision
WHITS................................... IHS decision
Best Under Construction.......... Staff decision
Sport Z Publisher Award......... Sport Z Staff (Bob Bell / Art Singer)

The rest are people's choice.

Originally Posted by Bini2
Here are the categories for the car show:
http://www.zdayzevents.com/carshow/categories.htm

Outside of the "What's Hot In The Streets" and "Sport Z Editors' Choice" awards, the awards are people's choice. Meaning you are given a ballot and you vote on the winner.

Here is a link to the registration form, also found in the formz section of the Zdayz website:
http://www.zdayzevents.com/Forms/prereg.doc
Old 05-11-2005, 12:59 PM
mcduck

nissan_fanatic
You can download the current registration form and email it as long as you can pay via PayPal. There is no real advantage for you to do this, tho, as you are not paying regular registration pricing... the same amounts you will pay at ZDayZ.

jmark
Our rule of thumb is anything over 3 mods (or any singular extreme mods like making an NA car FI) put you into the modified category. If what you listed is truly all you have done, then I'd place you in the Stock category because I would consider springs & shocks as one mod (you rarely do one without the other on older cars). If there is anything else you didn't mention (aftermarket wheels, updated stereo, etc), you'd crossover into Modified.

Faluzure
I'm not brave enough to take a forecast that far out seriously. I'll wait and look next Wednesday. BTW, we will have nametags courtesy of one of our sponsors and are working on a way to start distributing them at the Welcome Dinner on Friday

Car Show Categories Addendum!
Bini2 has provided a link to our car show classes. I should point out that we need to make two updates to that list. Best Dressed Engine and Best Under Construction are awards ZDayZ staff will select. All other categories are selected as listed in the table.
edit... doh! He beat me to it...

That is all for now... back to the last week prep for me...

Last edited by mcduck; 05-11-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:15 PM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcduck
nissan_fanatic
You can download the current registration form and email it as long as you can pay via PayPal. There is no real advantage for you to do this, tho, as you are not paying regular registration pricing... the same amounts you will pay at ZDayZ.

jmark
Our rule of thumb is anything over 3 mods (or any singular extreme mods like making an NA car FI) put you into the modified category. If what you listed is truly all you have done, then I'd place you in the Stock category because I would consider springs & shocks as one mod (you rarely do one without the other on older cars). If there is anything else you didn't mention (aftermarket wheels, updated stereo, etc), you'd crossover into Modified.

Faluzure
I'm not brave enough to take a forecast that far out seriously. I'll wait and look next Wednesday. BTW, we will have nametags courtesy of one of our sponsors and are working on a way to start distributing them at the Welcome Dinner on Friday

Car Show Categories Addendum!
Bini2 has provided a link to our car show classes. I should point out that we need to make two updates to that list. Best Dressed Engine and Best Under Construction are awards ZDayZ staff will select. All other categories are selected as listed in the table.
edit... doh! He beat me to it...

That is all for now... back to the last week prep for me...
Andy, The car has brand new Panasport 15 x 7 wheels. I'll list it in the mod section. It only has 36K original miles on her. Was stored for a long time. Previous owner redid most of the mechanical pieces that go bad. I don't expect to do that well because the car could use a repaint (was repainted many years ago). It's just neat to see a survivor like this so we decided to bring it instead of my son's '78 280Z or the 350Z. Plus it is just a blast to drive! For more on the 240Z check this thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/other-vehicles/120799-new-toy-71-240z-w-37k-miles.html

Last edited by jmark; 05-11-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:52 PM
futuredeadguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nashville Friday Departure

Most of the Nashville crew is heading out on Thursday. I can't. I am planning a Friday mid-morning departure (approx 10:30-11:00 AM) from Crawford Z Car Service in Nashville - 1622 State Street. Join us if you can.

I'm bringing a Z and a Frontier truck and can accomodate any small items you'd rather not have sloshing around in your Z - coolers, etc.

We plan to arrive at Fontana in time for the dinner, so this will be a low-frills cruise with a quick food/fuel stop around 2:00 at whatever exit is handy at the time.

Contact cell phone during cruise [615] 293-6661.

Let's drive!

Dead
Old 05-12-2005, 06:57 AM
mzack

Anyone start to check the weather reports for next week? I did and it looks awsome. At the most it will be partly cloudy and low 80s. Thats great for me!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 07:07 AM
pulpz2

If anybody is interested in joinig the Midwest Caravan on Thursday May 19 post up!

Will be in Cincinnati around 12pm and Lexington around 3pm.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:30 AM
mcduck

Mark... missed the wheels or didn't pick up the panasport reference. Yes, I think it would fall into the stock category. Also, don't sell yourself short... we have a lot of 1st Gen entries, but almost all the 1st Gens are modified. You may walk away from ZDayZ with some hardware!
Old 05-12-2005, 07:58 AM
jmark

Originally Posted by mcduck
Mark... missed the wheels or didn't pick up the panasport reference. Yes, I think it would fall into the stock category. Also, don't sell yourself short... we have a lot of 1st Gen entries, but almost all the 1st Gens are modified. You may walk away from ZDayZ with some hardware!
Andy, basically the 240Z is set up the way you have set one up in the early '70's as far as performance mods ie. Momo Steering Wheel, BRE front spoiler, IMSA 3 piece rear spoiler, Headlight covers, 3.9 LSD, larger sway bars. The only modern pieces are the Panasports, Eibach springs & Tokico HP shocks. I will gladly register it under either category. Your call. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2005, 04:38 PM
zzzya

Default Need Help!!!

I had to take the car to the dealership because of an electrical grounding issue that sent the tranny into failsafe mode. They fixed that, but they had too many damn people there wanting to see the car that they ignored the Lambo door instructions and really messed up my door panels and get this, they cracked and chipped the passenger side body trim that spans over the passenger side door window. This is the plastic piece that is painted the body color and it goes from the hatch down to the hood. The car went to the body shop right away, where they took that piece off and immediately ordered a new one. Well, that piece is on back-order and the old piece had gone into the garbage and was not salvagable. Now I am really worried that this will not get fixed in time and I will miss ZdayZ I am sooooo pissed off right now, but more importantly, I would appreciate any help as to where I might find this piece. I tried Performance Nissan without any luck. Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2005, 08:29 PM
pulpz2

May want to post in another forum.

Good luck and hope to see you at Zdayz. If your can't make it you should.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzya
Now I am really worried that this will not get fixed in time and I will miss ZdayZ ... Any ideas?
Relax, it is a people's choice car show. Put a post it note where the damage is, and I'm sure everyone has has a bad deal with a dealership and will understand. The best part will be the driving.

My idea, Come on anyway, have a cold frosty beverage and hang out.

Sorry I don't know where to get the part you need though.

LG
Old 05-14-2005, 04:00 AM
zzzya

Originally Posted by pulpz2
May want to post in another forum.

Good luck and hope to see you at Zdayz. If your can't make it you should.
I did post it in a couple of other areas. The one bad thing about this piece is that if it rains, the car would take in a lot of water. I am not sure I want to take that risk.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:38 PM
n2az

Hey J Mark, I recall offerring to assist you in driving up two cars to the dragon, but don't you think threeee's a little much!?!?!?!

Congrats on your new find and look forward to seeing it at the show! You've become quite the aficianado. It's gonna take three months to show off your collection at regular club meetings... maybe we can set up guided tours at your garage.

See ya at the dragon!
Old 05-14-2005, 04:49 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Well I didn't read all 20 pages, but it looks like I will be there, look forward to it.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:48 PM
KShep

Originally Posted by westpak
Well I didn't read all 20 pages, but it looks like I will be there, look forward to it.
Outstanding...looking forward to seeing you there.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:20 AM
randyshemin@comcast.

Having been to Fontana Village twice (ZDayZ '04 and fall '04), I suggest you bring a folding chair if possible as outdoor seating there is at a premium and cannot accomodate a group this large. This is for around the pool or in the parking areas or hanging out after dinner (and seeing the gas powered blender in action)!
Old 05-15-2005, 05:27 AM
jmark

Originally Posted by n2az
Hey J Mark, I recall offerring to assist you in driving up two cars to the dragon, but don't you think threeee's a little much!?!?!?!

Congrats on your new find and look forward to seeing it at the show! You've become quite the aficianado. It's gonna take three months to show off your collection at regular club meetings... maybe we can set up guided tours at your garage.

See ya at the dragon!
Robert, Thanks for the offer! I'll probably just take the '71 240Z this time. Missed you at the meeting the other night. We plan to drive up with Bill Friday afternoon. See ya soon.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:02 AM
mzack

I just spoke to my neighbor (Sti driver) and he films TV shows and commercials for the auto industry and events. He said that someone may be interested in filming the Zdayz's event next year for the Discovery Channel. The guy I am talking about produced the show Wheels for the Discovery Channel. He is an independant film maker. I will make sure I get a lot of good pictures to give to my neighbor to get that film maker interested.

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread