Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

The mother of all insults

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 AM
RedBeauty84ZX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbonium
Damn, you got me. I confess, i want the car i'm driving to make a certain impression. Don't tell my parents.
I won't. By the way, I hear the girls really like the looks of the new Eclipse and i'm sure you'd be the envy of every under age receptionist at your place of work
Old 12-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
I won't. By the way, I hear the girls really like the looks of the new Eclipse and i'm sure you'd be the envy of every under age receptionist at your place of work
Really? Damn, you are right the Eclipse is hot! Placing my order for that s@#t right now. I hope that receptionist's mom also likes it.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:33 AM
newtkindred

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Not another one of these stupid *** threads.

Go post your feelings in the thread dedicated to those that don't like the 370Z.
Worthless thread number ..........
Old 12-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Hanzo

Originally Posted by newtkindred
Worthless thread number ..........
No it's fun, it's too bad he's taking responses so well . I wanted to see more heating discussion.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:44 AM
tranceformer95

I wonder if this is how the Z32 owners reacted when the Z33 came out.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:47 AM
scrapser

There was an artist's drawing on Edmonds of what the new Z might look like. The drawing was made back in early 2007. Wish I could find it now. It showed the car with heavily flared fenders, a distinct hatchback shape, and slightly smaller and more oval headlights. I think this was before the Elton John headlights had been revealed that the car ended up with.

Anyway, some people back then said the car looked like a CRX on steriods. The back was squared off instead of round. Fortunately they didn't go that route with the design.

For what it's worth, my main disappointment with the 370 is that is isn't what I was hoping for. I don't see it as an attack on the 350...it's not a 350. Mechanically it's probably a slight improvement over the 350 and the improved interior (materials used) is also an improvement. But visually the car sucks.

The 350 is a distinct car based on a good design. It "clicks" just right to the eye. The 370 is not. It's a confused looking car...more like a mutt of sorts. I think this was a mistake and hope the next gen moves away from it...far away from it.

I had hoped the 370 would be a leaner, more powerful car that continued to look like the 350 without going into weird directions with supposed innovations that really didn't fit. But someone at Nissan (I'd like to know who that person or committee was) decided what we see now is what everyone will like. Dumb. Who was it that decided the car needed fangs that serve no mechanical purpose? Who decided the lights needed to be shaped that way? Was it done to some sort of marketing formula? We'll probably never know.

Now I have to wait another 5 or 6 years for them to try again. Hopefully the 370 will bomb in sales (beyond the current financial crysis) and they will go back to the drawing board very soon. Nissan has created their first Edsel.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by tranceformer95
I was wondering the same thing. I mean, it could be the i overreacted to the 370, maybe with time (as i inevitably age and my eyesight weakens) it will grow on me but really, how did people react to the Z33 back in the day?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:50 AM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by Turbonium
I was wondering the same thing. I mean, it could be the i overreacted to the 370, maybe with time (as i inevitably age and my eyesight weakens) it will grow on me but really, how did people react to the Z33 back in the day?
Actually when this Z33 first came out my brother had a Z32 TT, which i absolutely drooled over. I thought the Z33 looked awful, and it took a good 3 years or so for it to grow on me. I've had my '05 for 3 years now but thinking about trading up to the 370z. When I look at the Z32 it looks kinda dated and bland to me now.

Oh and this was a pretty ballsy thread to start.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Hanzo

From being on whole bunch of forums, Evo, Subaru, mazda, S2K, Miata, Fit, to name a few, every time a new generation of the car comes out, people who already bought the current model trashes the new one in any way they can. It's only natural for people to justify their purchase so they feel better about themselves.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by Hanzo
The 350 is like Bond in a tux. The 370 is more like a midlife crisis statement.

They are both Arnold Swarchenegger not Bond. Sounds like you are having a midlife crisis yourself and want to talk yourself out of spending the extra cash for the new model. I don’t blame you, nothing wrong with saving some money.

Can you say that the 350 is elegant? Yep. 370? Nope. Can you use the word Beautiful to describe the 350? Yep. 370? Nope.

Neither the 350 nor the 370 is elegant. If you want elegance get the G37 coupe. Z is a mucho butch sports car, nothing elegant about it.

Fenders that look like they were completely overinflated to the point where the car was pressed against the walls of the glass jar it was in. Reminds me of those horrible kittens in jars.

That's what a true sports car should look like. Big fenders to emphasis the 4 wheels hugging the ground with large rear end showing the power of the rear wheel drive.

The difference between the 350 and the 370 is the difference between the last Integra and the RSX.

You just sound like you don't like change.

The 370 is clearly a hairdresser's car. Yep, i said it. To some degree, some aspects of the 370 are a bit fruity.

No a hairdresser's car is a 350z convertible, mini cooper, and a miata.
What's ironic is that the OP sounds like the hairdresser by b**ching about how a hardcore 2 seat driver's car is supposed to look elegant...like a little ole baby Aston Martin...GTFO. Baby Aston? Oh please. Step inside a 350Z and tell me the insides look like that of a baby Aston. Yah, maybe a Vanquish, before they cleaned up the insides of their lineup with the DB9. If you want a so called "baby Aston from Nissan" that you can wear a suit in, go buy a G37. And even then, a G37 is still a far cry from a baby Aston. Delusional much? If the V8 Vantage is considered the baby Aston, that should make the half as expensive G37 some sort of unborn child Aston Martin. They're not even close. 350Z a baby Aston? Get over yourself.

Getting back to what you said Hanzo, YOU sound like much more of a Z candidate than the OP that's for damn sure. This is a razor sharp sports car, not some luxury 2+2 GT. That's what the G37 exists for. I will agree that design is subjective, but I also happen to agree with your assessment of what a sports car is, what is should tend to look like and what it should be in general in terms of design. The only thing I disagree with you on are the MINI Cooper and Miata being hairdresser's cars. In base automatic transmission form yes. In stick and clutch purist form, no. The V6 Mustang Convertible...now THAT's a hairdresser's car.

Regarding the Z34's design, as I said I understand that design is subjective and respect everyone's opinion. Some folks resist change and prefer the older model to the new one. Example, I think a 1st gen '69 Camaro looks miles better than a '70 1/2 2nd gen. But was it really necessary to create yet another hairdresser b**ch thread about how you think the 370Z looks like crap? If you want to whine, there's about 10 other threads with people who've already b**ched and moaned about the same s**t minus the Integra to RSX comment.

Like this one: https://my350z.com/forum/2009-370z/4...een-happy.html

Oh hey, look who's b**ching like a little hairdresser again?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:58 AM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by Hanzo
From being on whole bunch of forums, Evo, Subaru, mazda, S2K, Miata, Fit, to name a few, every time a new generation of the car comes out, people who already bought the current model trashes the new one in any way they can. It's only natural for people to justify their purchase so they feel better about themselves.
That sounds about right.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Z053

What a deceiving title, "The mother of all insults", as I was looking forward to seeing a picture of a mother who must be damn ugly or just a bad parent in general to be getting ALL the insults.

But instead I was greeted by this 350z-370z love/hatefest. I figure I should get this thread back on track with THE mother of all insults, deservingly so.

http://www.latest-breaking-news-tren...ruined-my-life
Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
This entire post is garbage.

[B]By all non-emotional, objective measures the 370z is a superior car. [/B

Engine, brakes, drivetrain, interior quality, acceleration, handling.

Get over it, no one cares that you don't "feel good" about it. And no one is going to debate your feelings with you.
I wouldn't go that far as saying its "superior"
Old 12-03-2008, 12:27 PM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by Z053
I figure I should get this thread back on track with THE mother of all insults, deservingly so.

http://www.latest-breaking-news-tren...ruined-my-life
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Please tell me there's a picture of this dumb bish somewhere on the intarweb so I can see what a real moron looks like.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:34 PM
JJ350

You know, the sad thing is that I really want to like this car, I truly do. I love Z's, and have always been a enthusiast for Z's. However this new 370Z is like when Datsun went from the 240 to the 260. Sure there were little "improvements" here and there, however the fact still remains that the car never had the same appeal as the original, and I think that sadly is what just happened here.

I absolutely loved the 350z from the first moment I saw it. The 350 was just the perfect direction for the Z IMO, it showed how Nissan got over the terrible direction that they took with the god awful 300ZX, and finally went back to a clean, simple sports car design like they originally had with the 240. Sure it may not be the best performing sports car on the road, but I could care less because it has something that the 370Z will never have, class. The 350z is a Aston Martin V8 vantage compared to the 370Z which much more resembles a Mitsubishi to me.

Honestly I don't see what any of you that like this car really see in it. I can care less about the little performance improvements so long as the styling changes are so bad. Heck, it's not like I haven't been able to make my 350z perform better than stock anyways. What is one of the main things I can't get over? To me it has to be the roof line. The 350's roofline just goes with the rest of the cars styling, it's just clean and simple in a way that you would see on a Porsche or a Aston Martin. As for the 370 it just looks like it is trying to be the GTR too badly, and it just really isn't working out.

Sorry but I just don't have any of the good feelings that I had with the 350z with this new 370z, it just isn't the same car anymore and I think that Nissan once again did what they were famous for with their previous Z cars and are continuously ruining the Z every time they update it, seeing as how the 350 was a fresh start.

For the record, people should stop mentioning the G37, or any G coupe for that matter. The G37 is boring and too similar to every other coupe out on the road, the 350z is definitely more exotic due to how much more unique it looks.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Endgame

Turbonium:
I can surely see how the 370 might appeal to a more younger audience but for a 30-something like myself i just don't see how one can be driving it in a suit for example.

Endgame: Well, I will be driving this car to client calls in a suit. My clients will probally like it as they will be reminded of the 240Z!!! It is very classy IMO and I will be proud to drive it in a suit.

Turbonium:
Now here comes the worst statement this car will hear: The 370 is clearly a hairdresser's car. Yep, i said it. To some degree, some aspects of the 370 are a bit fruity.

Endgame: HA!! My wife used to say the 350 was fruity. She LOVES this car and thinks it looks like a well sculptured muscular alpha male!!

Last edited by Endgame; 12-03-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z_racer05
I wouldn't go that far as saying its "superior"
But it is. It's not the same in any respect. Looks are subjective, but everything else can NOT be argued. Better=superior.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:46 PM
SnakeBitten

Im not gonna knock you for not liking the 370z as everyone has there own taste. But just take a look at these two untouched photos and tell me honestly that you dont in the very least see potential in the 370z...

versus

versus

Old 12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
jerry_2612

lol it's funny 'cos it's true!!! Made my day!

Also enjoying the people who used to hate the car, who have come around, now having a go at the people who share the same stance as they did a few months ago

I do think the front of the 370 looks more aggressive than that of the 350though
Old 12-03-2008, 04:22 PM
jerry_2612

That sounds about right.
It actually doesn't, maybe 25%-50% is right in that they envy or are jealous of the new model.

Why is everyone discounting people legitamatly do not like the new look

Quick Reply: The mother of all insults