MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2009+ 370Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2009-370z-504/)
-   -   What is it like driving the automatic with Paddles? (https://my350z.com/forum/2009-370z/548729-what-is-it-like-driving-the-automatic-with-paddles.html)

Alberto 03-08-2012 09:35 AM

What does it matter how many I've gone thru?

Do YOU or the OP race a 500+whp car past its limits?

I dont think you do. That is irrelevant.

Entaille 03-08-2012 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Z_Driver (Post 9643918)
there is something to be said about shifting a couple of times in a turn (not before or after) at full thottle with S7 in the Z.

yes, there is something to be said about that. why would you want to shift a couple of times in a turn? you should be downshifting before a turn into the right gear, maintaining speed/rpms where you comfortably can through the turn, then rocketing out of the corner's exit

Spork 03-09-2012 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by TAHorizon (Post 9644519)
LOL, How many transmissions have you gone through? I'm still on my first... :rolleyes:

What, do you have bolt-on power? :bowrofl:

Transmissions fail under heavy abuse... I doubt yours even comes close to being comparable to Albertos.

Bret86944 03-16-2012 09:50 AM

I think some people aren't understanding the whole paddle shift, wave of the future thing.

Paddle shift, Dual Clutch tranny - best tranny you can get, faster shifting than a manual

Manual - no explanation necessary

Paddle shift automatic - a regular old automatic that has paddles instead of "D4", "D3", etc.

Z_Driver 03-16-2012 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Alberto (Post 9644273)
Wow your life must suck.

You fail hard.

No reason to insult. I own both types of transmissions in Z cars. I would think you would give me a little respect.

Sir, you no longer have mine.

Z_Driver 03-16-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bret86944 (Post 9655592)
I think some people aren't understanding the whole paddle shift, wave of the future thing.

Paddle shift, Dual Clutch tranny - best tranny you can get, faster shifting than a manual

Manual - no explanation necessary

Paddle shift automatic - a regular old automatic that has paddles instead of "D4", "D3", etc.

Not really, as explained earlier in the thread the 370Z S7 Auto has sycro rev match and allows you to hold the car in any gear. It's not your Dad's old slushbox anymore. The only reason I considered owning one. Everyday, I love this car that much more.

tazicon 03-16-2012 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by ny garbage_juice (Post 9616651)
meaning shifting 2 seconds before you want it to?

theres not much learning needed, you hit a paddle, it thinks, it shifts. You cant make it better.

Maybe its just my car and every other one ive driven but someone above said their G shifts the same way

now people are saying autos with paddles takes learning and skill? :suicide:

I have both (G37 7at and a 370z 7at) and no they don't shift the same way................As for the rest of the statement hummmm Most people use the paddles once or twice, never really figure out how to use them and go back to auto mode..............

Z_Driver 03-16-2012 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Entaille (Post 9644637)
yes, there is something to be said about that. why would you want to shift a couple of times in a turn? you should be downshifting before a turn into the right gear, maintaining speed/rpms where you comfortably can through the turn, then rocketing out of the corner's exit

You can compression brake going into a turn in a lower gear and double snap the upshift coming out. Best of both worlds. Saves brakes and allow you to come out of the set faster.

All that I can say now is you guys should spend a week or two with the S7 then you'll understand.

terrasmak 03-16-2012 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Z_Driver (Post 9655672)
You can compression brake going into a turn in a lower gear and double snap the upshift coming out. Best of both worlds. Saves brakes and allow you to come out of the set faster.

All that I can say now is you guys should spend a week or two with the S7 then you'll understand.

Brakes are for braking, transmission is for shifting. BTW i would rather put the extra strain on the brakes than trans/clutch , brakes are easier to replace.

jerseystyle 03-16-2012 05:22 PM

Tired of all the AT vs MT posts. :icon22:

OP, I think you have the answer to your question.

/THREAD