MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2009+ 370Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2009-370z-504/)
-   -   Questions about Touring models and Sport package (https://my350z.com/forum/2009-370z/621890-questions-about-touring-models-and-sport-package.html)

Fasttimes7 05-07-2019 07:02 AM

Questions about Touring models and Sport package

I'm in the market for a 370z. Looking for 2013-2017 Touring models and would like Sport package. Going through Cargurus and Autotrader has been trying to say the least. Many people/dealers list cars incorrectly or just don't list the correct options so it's hard to find what I'm looking for.

I want Touring, manual Trans, Sport Package.

Nationwide searches coming up not matching is frustrating. Are Touring models with Sport that rare?

Main question I have is if I see a Touring coupe, manual transmission listed and I see red calipers, 19' alloy rims, and the Rev match button visible is it safe to assume the car has the Sport package? Or is there Touring models sold with those options added?

Thanks for any input!

MicVelo 05-07-2019 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Fasttimes7 (Post 10992433)
I'm in the market for a 370z. Looking for 2013-2017 Touring models and would like Sport package. Going through Cargurus and Autotrader has been trying to say the least. Many people/dealers list cars incorrectly or just don't list the correct options so it's hard to find what I'm looking for.

I want Touring, manual Trans, Sport Package.

Nationwide searches coming up not matching is frustrating. Are Touring models with Sport that rare?

Main question I have is if I see a Touring coupe, manual transmission listed and I see red calipers, 19' alloy rims, and the Rev match button visible is it safe to assume the car has the Sport package? Or is there Touring models sold with those options added?

Thanks for any input!

370Z Sport Package isn't that rare. It was/is available on Base and Touring models (Nismo already has all of the features and more).

Following are the features of the Sport Package

- Nissan sport brakes (AKA "Akebono" brakes – They're not always Red in color (usually silver/gray) - Red Akebono was available on the 40th Anniversary Model and Nismo (and possibly later, 2013+). The 40th Anniversary model was available only in 2010 model year and features the unique "Purple gray" finish (Color code KAV)

- SynchroRev Match® (6-speed manual transmission)

- Viscous Limited-slip Differential (VLSD)

- 19" Rays forged alloy wheels (the "standard" Sport wheels are polished silver, the Anniversary wheels are darker, close to gunmetal, see pic below)

- Front chin and rear spoiler

Anniversary model:
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....ecfc96462d.jpg

Newer (2013+) sport wheels are also 19" but different design. If you're only looking for 2013 and up, these are the wheels you'll be looking for.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....f305ab203f.jpg

So yes, the Sport model is easily identifiable by the brakes, wheels and SynchroRev button. Easy to upgrade the brakes and wheels to look like a Sport but without SynchroRev (no one adds that) it's not a Sport.

IMO, if buying a used Z34, wait for a Sport model.... most dealers don't know the difference and price them pretty close to the same between Sport and Non-Sport so, for "pennies more"....

Fasttimes7 05-07-2019 10:30 AM

Thanks for the info Mic. I definitely want a Touring model with Sport package added. My question is if I see a Touring model with the rims, red calipers and synchro button is it safe to assume the Sport package is added? Many ads I've seen for Touring models with these attributes don't list Sport package in their ad.

MicVelo 05-07-2019 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fasttimes7 (Post 10992461)
Thanks for the info Mic. I definitely want a Touring model with Sport package added. My question is if I see a Touring model with the rims, red calipers and synchro button is it safe to assume the Sport package is added? Many ads I've seen for Touring models with these attributes don't list Sport package in their ad.

Yes, but to be the safest, run the VIN here: https://my350z.com/forum/vindecoder.php (Bring your phone with you to run the VIN on site.)

Like I said, a lot of dealers don't know the difference so it pays to know before they try to blow smoke on you.

Fasttimes7 05-08-2019 07:34 AM

Ok so after doing a VIN lookup how can I tell if the sport package is on the car? I see it telling me the trim level Touring, but can't find where it might say "Sport Package"?

For example: JN1AZ4EH0DM383794

Right now I see a couple of black ones and a couple of red ones on a nation wide search. Trying not to be too picky but I really like the looks of the gun-metal paint. I'm in not rush and could wait till the right one comes. Do you feel they come up often? Seems black and red were the big sellers?

MicVelo 05-08-2019 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Fasttimes7 (Post 10992544)
Ok so after doing a VIN lookup how can I tell if the sport package is on the car? I see it telling me the trim level Touring, but can't find where it might say "Sport Package"?

For example: JN1AZ4EH0DM383794

Right now I see a couple of black ones and a couple of red ones on a nation wide search. Trying not to be too picky but I really like the looks of the gun-metal paint. I'm in not rush and could wait till the right one comes. Do you feel they come up often? Seems black and red were the big sellers?

Hmmm..... dunno. Guess the VIN lookup on here doesn't quite get down to that level. Well, like I said, the SynchroRev button is as close to a "tell all" as anything. Only Sport Pkg and Nismo have it and if someone went to the trouble of installing it, that probably means the car has had major work (new trans, rev match and who knows what else - which is telling and might just be a "caveat emptor"). If you're concerned, you can always go to Nissan parts department with the VIN and they can tell you for sure if its original.

And yes, they come up fairly often. (At least where I am.)

Fasttimes7 05-08-2019 09:24 AM

Thanks for feedback!