MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2009+ Nissan GT-R (https://my350z.com/forum/2009-nissan-gt-r-502/)
-   -   "Forged Performance: The Truth !" (https://my350z.com/forum/2009-nissan-gt-r/578046-forged-performance-the-truth.html)

bmccann101 05-10-2013 01:48 PM

sounds like any other normal build..
do it yourself .. and if you cant do it yourself, i certainly wouldnt throw a 100k car at a tuner mod build.. leave it alone.

How many times does this have to happen before people realize that shops that build cars are fully of ppl and techs who make 1/3 if that of the income that the customers do.. there is no margin in this business, hence no opertaing costs buffers exist.. hence shops rob paul to pay peter all day long, year in and year out.

So, why do we all think were dealing w some huge multinational here when the problems arise?

Crazy.

You want to custom build a car, prepare to wait, pay and be disappointed.

You want FI on a stock block?
DIY in your driveway and drive off happy.

end of same ol story.

C5_vette 05-10-2013 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Alberto (Post 10119538)
Won't rehash personal experiences myself but I will say one thing.

What a difference the way that community stands behind the MEMBER. Very unlike our FI hay day 2007-2009 where if someon had a LEGIT negative experience no different than this situation our ill informed, nuthugger full forum would $hit on those members who called out these shops. Or the way this forum would delete threads because vendors paid sponsorship.

That guy won't get anything from Forged.

So true. Funny to see where most of the shops that people nut hugged back then ended up...speaks volumes about the industry. If only more people would have/could have spoken up back then...

laurentj23 05-10-2013 03:14 PM

250k?! Wtf did he do for a living. I rather buy a house for that price!

bigcloud 05-10-2013 05:00 PM

Damn this is sad to the nth degree. I didn't know forged was going through then turn over and quality problems.

thevilleL1C4 05-11-2013 08:36 PM

LMAO, I ran across the link that the OP posted on Svtperformance forums, and about 3 replys in a member posted "this aint the first time this has happened with forged performance" and they posted the link to the horror story about forged performance screwing a member over from this site.

The link https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-my-story.html

So I went threw and read the entire thread from the member dpjones on this site, and WOW... This **** makes me so SICK !!!! what makes me the sickest is the fact that SOME* members on here were trying to kinda defend FP/down play the situation and the first 2 or so pages members on here were pissed about it, then when FP put his side of the story up ppl starting downplaying on bad this dude got screwed and ppl went as far as going off topic kinda by saying GTM(sp?) was way over-charging etc., and I kept seeing replys about "the hammered down pipe" and members on here "down playing what fp did to dpjones" well lets look past the bob the builder downpipe...

So im thinking did some of you all forget about all the other more serious problems. Such as how the whole turbo situation went down, FP put the WRONG turbo's on this guys car even AFTER the manufactor of the turbo kit told the customer "yes, he ordered the stage I kit" customer calls FP and expresses this, and FP KEEPS TELLING HIM "oh no don't worry about it, your getting stage II turbos and I've seen it for myself, it was just a mess up on the order sheet, the part numbers are just funky, YOU ARE GETTING STAGE II TURBO'S" well what does the customer get, Oh stage I turbos b/c sharif went ahead and made a appr. 6-8 THOUSAND dollar mistake on ASSUMPTION, i read where "dougs car got stage II and i ordered the same kit as his so I ASSUMED IT was going to be the same kit", he knew he ordered stage I, just like he told the customer in an email "i'm looking at them right now, they are the .86 AR WTF ?

Well I signed up to this forum just to get this off my chest(that's how bad this situation is/how bad FP treats good $$$ customers/how terrible some of these forum members on here) - Just look how the GTR community is behide the GTR guy, unlike what I seen on this forum when dpjones got screwed over, I loved how quite of few replys I seen from the dpjones members were saying "this was basically a fluke, hi-cup,he just had bad employee's at the time, this is just gonna make the shop better etc" well I guess everybody over-looked how Doug's g37 got hacked up also and it had to get taken to another shop to be fixed right.... the employees didn't order the wrong turbo that the customer wanted and then continue to lie about it, and when the customer brought up all his concerns up hooking up the HKS EVC/HKS AFK, the employees didn't tell the customer that everything was hooked up when it fact it was not !!! ...LOL I hope my post doesn't get deleted, Lol here's some really GREAT quotes from the old fp screwing up the G37....Just goes to show ya the my350z.com community doesn't have each other's backs like most forums do.

tig488 -

OMG. i feel terrible for the OP and his troubles, as well as Juan, but lets be real folks, FP is one of the best, if not the best installers and Z shops around. yes, they made a huge mistake by letting things go the way they did but it happens. sharifs eyes cant watch every nut and bolt be turned, its just impossible. it seems like he did what he could to make it right. some people say it doesnt matter if hes done hundreds of installs and what not, but if we made a thread about all of FP customers, and 500 people posted their excellent results, and there were even 25 that werent entirely satisfied or even disgruntled, so be it, you cant please everybody and all jobs cant be perfect. id be willing to bet hes done LOTS of people favors, given tons of free advice and info, and discounts on certain builds but those things get lost in the BS that surfaces in this forum. id bet my left nut that every shop on this forum has done some jacked up stuff or things they werent proud of at one time or another to make things fit and work when things get hectic.

plastic clips missing, really? i couldnt tell you how many of those i lost on my car, and i didnt post about how horrible nissan was as a manufacturer.

again, i feel bad for the guys that dont get FPs best work, but it seems like there are lots of headhunters and potstirrers around here. i wouldnt hesitate to take my car to FP for a build, especially now, this will make FP an even better shop.
Last edited by tig488; 04-17-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Winterdevilg35

+1 thats very true along with everything else you stated. lets say you made a mistake at your career, (if some of you even have jobs other than criticizing on forums) and you get reprimanded for it. You learn from your mistake, obviously, and move foward a better person knowing that incident won't happen again. We are humans not robots....we make mistakes because nothing is perfect...we learn from our mistakes which is why our society is where it is today. Don't give Sharif such a hard time. Yeah it sucks for the owner of the cars that were apart of the small percentage of f**k ups his shop has done. But think about it.... 5 years of this with hundreds of cars every year and around 3 unsatisfied customers? have you seen the trophys and awards his shop has gotten? Have you seen how clean his shop is and organized they are with their hectic schedule and customer demand? I'm suprised they haven't made more f**k ups with how much stress and demand they go through where an unexperienced shop would fail under these circumstances. Quit messing with his business. My car is currently there and I have his 100% guarentee that everything will be perfect. And i know it will be. He has a reputation to withhold on top of everything else he goes through on a normal day. so all of you forum people who just down play everyone and everything and don't help others (like your supose to on forums...not make fun of new guys when all they want is help) back off. It's happened and it has been dealt with accordingly. He has new employees and now he is going to be walking on eggshells for a while and not have any trust in his employees. Like any of you would do in a situation like this, you would prove everyone wrong and work harder so that you can get your reputation back and trust by others....thats what Sharif is going to do now. Think before you post....or grow up.

IIQUICKSILVERII - < he thinks that this was just a "small mistake" LOL

IIquicksilverII's reply -
just to correct a few things and also add here....you don't need to be threated like royalty....just the right way....and i know sharif does care about this but supporters need to try to stop making excuses for THIS IS AS A SMALL MISTAKE THAT HAPPENS.....

That's all for now, But don't get me wrong...dpjones should of seen the redflags way before it got to that point, as soon as the guy at GTM told him he was getting stage I turbo's and then sharif lying and telling him "no its just a mix up with part #'s" when the guy that SOLD him the turbo's told dpjones, FP/SHARIF bought stage I turbos for ur build, then he should of flew straight out there and got his car and cut all ties with FP.

Sorry for the LONG rant, but it goes to show from a outsider looking in how terrible some of the members are in the 350z forum community, basically the FP supporters should have stayed the **** out of the thread, b/c by them supporting them and KNOWING they do half ass/rigged up hack jobs... they are basically saying "yeah take all ur money and nice car to FP so you can get ****ED OVER"

Zakira 05-11-2013 09:47 PM

^^^ I'm guessing that the reason why some members here tried to defend FP is because Sharif came up through this forum. He started out as a member here and there was camaraderie among fellow owners. It was pretty special to own a 350Z back then. I remember him attending meets here in Socal before moving to East Coast. Then one day, lo and behold, he opens up a big shop that is FP. I remember he posted on here when he was contemplating opening up the shop. Who'd knew he would soon become a big shot.

TAHorizon 05-12-2013 06:13 AM

Lol, Failed Performance strikes again.

bealljk 05-12-2013 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by grimm66 (Post 10119675)
And that's why I do my own work...

+1, many many benefits

Mike Anthony 05-12-2013 12:43 PM

Last update from OP.

Just to update everyone, What I have asked for is a refund and parts returned, if the parts are lost then the refund to replace them. I am not looking for a penny more than I am entitled to.This has been going back and forth for too long and I don't want to waste anyone's time. Forged Performance is aware of this and will have deadline to meet this, it's is not a negotiation. This is what I need returned to fix the issues that were caused by Forged Performance. I am being more than fair and appreciate the unbelievable support from the car community.

Thanks
Todd

bealljk 05-12-2013 06:33 PM

^standup statement from Todd…good for him, I hope he can reclaim what was lost...

jomamahama 05-12-2013 08:39 PM

what does that newb expect not spending at least $300K to have a shop do it right? You gotta pay to play. I've got to side with Forged Performance on this one.

MI 35th 05-12-2013 09:05 PM

... Maybe no pizza this year at the airport event guys.:suicide:

To quote Alberto, those 07-09 years when my Z was down for FI was absolutely insanity, between your build fail, PF debacle, Coach K, AAM, ZL, all these groups dropping the ball I was sad to see a great group of people turn on each other. I am really impressed how much the community has supported this owner. It is about time.

KingBaby 05-12-2013 11:01 PM

Rich people problems

jdmlove1 05-12-2013 11:41 PM

250k, i can open my own tuning shop in Bahrain, buy a GTR and start a project. or buy a house on the beach with 2 Jet-skis encase one stopped working.

i was going through the story in GTR Life forum. its seems they are negotiating now on some compensation. hopefully Sharif can solve this and fix his image. or in short time he will be out of business.

goodluck for both of them.

Mike Anthony 05-13-2013 06:56 AM

Even if he resolves it and gives the OP what he wants, he's taking a big hit to his rep. In a matter of hours that thread spread to just about every car forum, as well as reddit, and had over 1000 viewers simultaneously at one point. I think Sharif deserves another chance of course, I think after this the quality of work they provide may improve a little bit....... Especially when someone is giving you that much money to do multiple builds.

Alberto 05-13-2013 07:59 AM

You think a guy that failed to personally inspect a 1000+whp project deserves another chance? LOL! Ridiculous.

When I realized my $hit wasn't a priority (back in 2007) I bounced. I felt bad for everyone beneath me- which was 99% of his customers at that time because if I got that treatment God knows what they received.

I like Sharif personally, we have "squashed" our issues but to see something on this scale is disappointing. His credibility will never be the same.

Highway Riding 05-13-2013 10:05 AM

Wow what a joke. Stick with the guys who have been tuning older platforms and know what customer service is really about. Hope it works out for the owner. This guy prolly single handily financed FP for a period of time.

JCat 05-13-2013 11:25 AM

http://www.gdriveurl.com/?idl=613684731269&out=1

KingBaby 05-13-2013 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Highway Riding (Post 10121565)
...This guy prolly single handily financed FP for a period of time...

:suicide:

RudeG_v2.0 05-13-2013 12:20 PM

It's deja vu all over again.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...z/b9d902cc.jpg

Once Sharif/Forged Performance got exposed on the Z/G platform, he got quiet here on this forum and moved on to the deeper pockets of the GT-R community. Now that he's been exposed for the same shenanigans on the GT-R platform, the question is which other platform will this crook move on to?