Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Cloth vs. Leather Seats in Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 05:20 AM
hjobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cloth vs. Leather Seats in Roadster

I purchased a Enth. Roadster with cloth seats with the plan on replacing with leather sometime in the future.

However, now that summer is upon us, I am having second thoughts. Right now, my car is driveable up to 100 degrees and I am wondering if replacing the seats with leather will make the car undriveable with the top down in such temperatures.

Thoughts?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:21 AM
CAN0802

It would depend on how dedicated of a roadster driver you are. If you can't stand the heat with the top down at 100 degrees, you won't be able to take the heat from the seats. I have the frost interior, so it isn't too bad, but I have had dark charcoal before in another convertible, and it didn't bother me.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:39 AM
visionboy

I have an enthusiat roadster, and I got the leather put in. Yes it can get pretty hot, but not enought to bother me. ( Im from texas too) The feeling of riding on leather vs the cheap stock cloth was much better and worth it.

Go for the leather. You have a convertible. You don't want people looking inside and see cheap cloth do you? hehe
Old 06-14-2005, 05:49 AM
Viffer35Z

I got my roadster last week with the ventilated seats. They are awesome! Don't know if you can get them, but if so, it's something you may want to consider. That little breeze on your back is great.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:04 AM
boldenmd

I've had a roadster with the carbon cloth and now with the frost leather. I find the leather much more comfortable. There seems to be a noticeable drop in temperature with the lighter color, too.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:04 PM
ssk0771

White Roadster with Frost Leather interior looks clean.

I know, cuz I have one.

I prefer leather also. I also heard that Z carbon cloth tends to wear out fast.

I was couple of people who had their carbon cloth replaced under warrenty because they were wearing out fax and some were ripping.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I would love to get some of the burnt orange ventilated seats and have them convered in frost leather. Why don't they have ventilated seats as an option in other leather colors? I mean...come on!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Jim Yandell

I've had the charcoal leather for 1.5 years and never noticed a heat problem. Also, I put the top up when I'm at work, which keeps the seats somewhat shaded.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Aloha350z

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
I would love to get some of the burnt orange ventilated seats and have them convered in frost leather. Why don't they have ventilated seats as an option in other leather colors? I mean...come on!
My sentiments exactly. I wanted the vent seats, but I wanted a RL Roadster more.

(My dream would be to have charcoal vented seats for this Z.)
Old 07-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Lee ZR

Anyone have the WET OKOLE seat covers? I was thinking of putting some on to protect the cloth seats since some say it wears out quickly.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by Lee ZR
Anyone have the WET OKOLE seat covers? I was thinking of putting some on to protect the cloth seats since some say it wears out quickly.
I may purchase some in the next few days. The leather gets dirts sooo fast and is difficult to clean. Plus, the seat covers look pretty cool too!
Old 07-20-2005, 02:18 PM
milanista

Wet a$$ (okole = a$$ in Hawaiian) seat covers? Why are they called that? The sweat they make the driver produce when riding on those covers apparently collects on their backsides?
Old 07-20-2005, 04:19 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

I'm going to get some red leather seats eventually with some mesh material and a fan built in like my old mans GS 430. I love sitting in that car.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Aloha350z

fdao had it in his RL Track (until he sold it). He had the first one they made, and it looked sharp. They can match the trim color to the color of your car, which IMO looks better than the cloth seats.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:59 PM
pglover

vented burnt orange seats are great...love em
Old 07-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Aloha350z

Originally Posted by pglover
vented burnt orange seats are great...love em
You're absolutely right! Unfortunately, you can't get it in any other color (and it wouldn't look good in a RL).

When Nissan makes vented seats in charcoal or black, I would most likely be one of the first in line for one.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:23 AM
maxpowers

Your right - ventilated burnt orange in RL would look pretty fugly. My dad has a 996 convert with black leather. If you keep the top down on a sunny day and leave the car in a parking lot, those seats get hot!! But, if you put the top up while its parked its not so bad.

I would go with a lighter coloured leather if possible.

Originally Posted by Aloha350z
You're absolutely right! Unfortunately, you can't get it in any other color (and it wouldn't look good in a RL).

When Nissan makes vented seats in charcoal or black, I would most likely be one of the first in line for one.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:24 AM
AZNNBLK

i got them to protect the leather.. the leather gets dirty too easily.. i luv the red color contrast n feel of the neoprene.. n they r easily washable
Attached Thumbnails Cloth vs. Leather Seats in Roadster-seat-coverz-open-view-2_1.jpg  
Old 07-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Kaitain

Real leather breaths and will adjust to your body temperature. I had black leather seats in my Golf and it was very comfortable, no sweat problems, but you do tend to slide around a bit more when driving spiritedly.

I got the cloth seats because I got a base and had no choice but would have loved to get the pumpkin orange so I have thought about getting the seat cover replacements sold by one of the vendors on this site.

I have to say I find the Z’s seats a little uncomfortable on longer drives so might just replace them all together.

So many plans, so little money…
Old 07-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Aloha350z

Originally Posted by AZNNBLK
i got them to protect the leather.. the leather gets dirty too easily.. i luv the red color contrast n feel of the neoprene.. n they r easily washable
Nice!

Quick Reply: Cloth vs. Leather Seats in Roadster