Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Anyone with Clear Bra ZR??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:58 AM
HTP AutoWorks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spectorbassguy
I'm not loving mine. I just bought an '05 Z with the clear bra and it has a big bubble about the size of a silver dollar in one spot on the front bumper. Also some spots that just don't look great. No chips in the paint but the lines are quite noticeable IMO. It's probably been on since new. Does anyone know how to remove without causing any damage to the paint?
Use a clothes steamer or hair dryer to warm it up. Then lift up at a 90 degree angle. It should come off fairly easily. Be patient and dont pull to fast. You may also have some adhesive left. Use 3M adhesive remover to take the residue off.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:02 AM
HTP AutoWorks

[QUOTE=sluggoZ;6952449]I have to agree with spankey167...clear bra's will definitely turn yellow in time, plus other defects will appear.
Last Spring I went Ferrari shopping with my cousin who did end up buying a '04 360 Modena, we spent the whole day shopping, from Naples, FL to Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach & West Palm Beach, well I must of seen at least 3 Ferrari's & 1 Lambo that had the yellowing problem. My cousin ended up buying from a individual owner just outside of Palm Beach....w/9k miles and it was immaculate.

In regards to the guarantee of non-yellowing, just hope & pray the guy is still in business four or more years from now to honor your guarantee.

The warranty is backed up by the film company that made it. I am sure VentureShield, 3M, and some of these other multi billion dollar companies will be around in the future.

Also, the way I see it....it really dosen't cost that much to repaint the front bumper...keep the front end heavily wax sure helps a lot too! You never know, one day you just might want to buy a whole new after-market bumper!!!!
Just my 2 cents worth!

Wax will do absolutely nothing to protect your car from rock chips. The other thing you have to consider is if you dont get a clear bra and years down the road you want to repaint your bumper... well good luck matching the color especially if it is faded (which it will) or if its a mulit stage color.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Rayysmans

I began this post here...I just wanted to Thanks everyone for replying this post here..I also wanted to say after putting the clear bra on my car and driving around town for a few day now...it's the best thing that you can do for your ZR....if you have the ex-money to do it. Thanks again..for all the good reply......"you need a good install "..you will be very happy..that you did the Clear bar......................
Old 03-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Rayysmans

Default Clear bra insatted...

here's the pix with clear bra..hard to see..if you are not close..you can't tell Very happy with the Clear bra...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with Clear Bra ZR??-img_0289.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 08:23 AM
XV8Crisis

lookin good!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
frankidee

I just want the bumper done on my Z, and I was quoted $325 by the only installer within 300 miles. Is that a good price?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Rayysmans

yes....if the installer is good....I paid about $900.00 for the hood, bumper, head light, side mirror...and make sure it 3M...
Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 AM
BLK350GT

I have been looking into a clear bra also. Local shop in Charlotte want's $650 for 1/4 hood, bumber and mirrors. I think I will try a DIY first. The money I save will be more the enough to have my windows tinted
Old 03-21-2009, 05:33 AM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by BLK350GT
I have been looking into a clear bra also. Local shop in Charlotte want's $650 for 1/4 hood, bumber and mirrors. I think I will try a DIY first. The money I save will be more the enough to have my windows tinted
This is not a do it yourself job. I really recommend that you do not waste your money on the film. Once its pulled from the backing it is ruined. It takes years of experience to do these properly. Buying a kit and trying yourself will be a big waste of money.

And do not go with 3M... it has the most orange peel of any film out there. VentureShield Ulta and ClearMask AR are much better films... guess thats why they have lifetime warranties compared to 5 years with 3M.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
ZBay

Originally Posted by BLK350GT
I've been looking for a clear bra DIY kit as well.
Let me know how it goes.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:10 AM
TSF09ZR

Well I'm sold. I keep hearing how easy the front bumper gets damaged by stones. Just need to find a good installer in my area so I can get my Z protected as soon as it comes in.
Thanks for all the good info on this subject. If anyone has additional photos w/ clear bra please post, thanks...
Old 04-18-2009, 12:04 PM
spectorbassguy

Originally Posted by spankey167
Not sure about the removal, but I would go to a professional clear bra installer and ask. As other memebers said, the older clear bras would yellow. Is yours yellow at all?

Please update us if you do end up taking off the clear bra and the results of it.

Thanks!
Yeah I took part of it off this last week. What a pain! I heated it up slightly with a heat gun and most of the adhesive stayed on the car! I also tried it cold and got the same results. It took me about 4 hours to get just the front 1/4 of the hood bra off and cleaned up! I didn't think it was when it was on but it really was discoloring! I would not recommend that anybody put a clear bra on. Just MHO. Someday when I'm up for some more punishment I'll do the rest. The hood really looks better with the bra off.