MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   350Z Roadster (https://my350z.com/forum/350z-roadster-124/)
-   -   Moronic Imbecile...SMASHED into my roadster (https://my350z.com/forum/350z-roadster/48339-moronic-imbecile-smashed-into-my-roadster.html)

Gigi 10-31-2003 01:57 PM

Moronic Imbecile...SMASHED into my roadster

I must vent to those who might understand:eek: if I may...

Just got back from a 2 week vacation to Biketoberfest and Fantasy Fest in Fla. Couldn't wait until the perfect day to take "Z roadster baby" for a ride. I woke up 7 am and pulled out my Zaino...put another coat of z2 on her. Polished, cleaned and going up to 75 temp. today (PA) I was ready to cruise. 1021 miles on her couldn't wait to get to 1200.

Get to my DR appt...in the office sitting down and a girl said who has that little black car out there. I DO!!! Well someone in a white suburban handicap van just hit you and was going to pull away, until she noticed people watching her. Well needless to say I went through the roof. My back bumper smashed and hanging off...the back drivers quarter panel crushed. This Wench had the audacity to tell me that because my car is small and black it wasn't her fault because she couldn't see it. :icon6: I said what if it was a little kid standing there. Anyway there were two of them sitting in their van waiting for the police, just laughing away. Telling me that's what insurance is for. Never an apology. To top it off because it was in a parking lot...no citation was issued and can't be, because it was private property.
My biggest concern is..will they match the paint up perfectly..and will it depreciate the value of my car because it was hit?
:icon16:
Sorry so long... I know there are more important things going on in this country right now, like the fires in California and the collapse of the garage in Atlantic City, but I am furious about this right now.

350zRoadster04 10-31-2003 02:35 PM

I feel your pain. My wife hit my ZR in the garage a few days after I bought it and scraped up both the bumper and metal above the passenger side rear wheel. Mine didn't even have 80 miles on it. Took it to a Nissan dealer with a body shop on site and they matched the paint perfectly. If you have a Nissan dealer with a body shop, go there.

I was worried about the paint match too since I have a White Roadster with the metallic flecks in it. I even did a test under fluorescent and other lighting conditions. ...and no noticable difference.

travs_z 10-31-2003 03:07 PM

Sorry to hear that, just hearing about those retard's arrogance just makes me very, very, angry.:mad:

I have a black CRX, and was rammed by a van about six years ago, and the paint shop managed to match it up perfectly. Still looks like new after all these years.

Good luck with your Z!

2003z 10-31-2003 03:56 PM

sorry to hear, but don't worry, black is the easiest color to match. All blacks are black. White is a pain, but black is easy.

E.F. VaBeach 10-31-2003 04:30 PM

Congratulations on not killing the soul-less jerkoffs on the spot. People make mistakes and have accidents - that's life and we all must accept it.

What we do NOT have to accept is arrogance and cavalier disregard. I hope you make the bast**ds pay. :icon10:

Paul_BB_Guy 10-31-2003 07:31 PM

Suburbans should be banned. I would say 97% of people driving them don't need that much space/storage capacity.

Black is indeed the easiest to match. As for dropping the value of the car, for MOST people buying it, they would never be able to tell and unless it's written off I don't think it's tracked in carfax.

For a professional however, unless you go to a VERY good body shop, they will be able to tell (overspray on rubber seals is the easiest giveaway and I'm sure they have other "tricks")

Sorry man, but if you intend to keep the car for a while (as you should) it should be fine, just fine.

And that's NOT what insurance is for. An idiot like that who is COMPLETELY to blame should be paying for that out of pocket. This is why our insurance rates are so high. People aren't careful and rates get driven up.

If she had hit you from behind at a red light, do you think she'd put it through her insurance? Likely not. She'd pay out of pocket.

*****!

Gigi 11-01-2003 04:46 AM

Thank you all for responding! It does make me feel a little better just knowing that there are people out there who understand.

350z roadster 04... you do know my pain. I'm glad your happy with your car now. I'm sure your wife felt terrible. Sorry that happened to you. I was also worried that because the car is so new that they wouldn't have the parts right now. I am taking it to a Nissan body shop. I have to wait 4 days for an appointment then wait till the parts come in before they can even begin to work on it. Weather here a fluke... for Oct/Nov going to be warm and sunny for the next week, then no more top down weather, until spring.

Paul BB Guy... I wonder if I can request that they cover the rubber seals and if not I would go over there and cover every one myself. Funny you should mention keeping the car. Something about feeling violated after this. I told my husband (who came to the site) I don't want it and I'm not driving it home 20 miles with the bumper hanging off. He gave me his Navigator and took my car. As far as out of pocket on her account. Unless her insurance goes up...might not because it was a company van...there will be no inconvenience on her part.

EF Va Beach...Your right ...it was the arrogance and cavalier
responce on her part that really fueled my fire.

2003 Z...I thought black was tough. There are alot of shades of black out there. Nissan (my 4th one) does have an orange peel effect in the paint. I don't mind the orange peel... I don't want the paint to be smooth on the whole bumper and quarter panel
and to be a different texture from the rest of the car. I'm just as concerned about that as the color.

AndyB 11-01-2003 05:04 AM

Sorry

Sorry to hear it man. As a new Roadster owner myself the story gave me chills. (my halloween scare?)

If I were you I wouldn't worry about the paint. A good shop and easy-to-match black and you will be all set.

I would, however, go after her insurance big time. The more the damage costs them the more her rates go up!

Get your estimate from the BEST autobody shops in the area. Look for a ferrari in the lot. :)

Also, make them rent you a car and insist on a "similar car", not a ford focus.

Make sure they fix EVERY little thing that was damaged.

Maybe the pig will stop laughing when her rates go up. :)

But seriously, your car will be fine. A low speed impact like that won't affect driveability and is unlikely to cause hidden damage.

350zRoadster04 11-01-2003 06:08 AM

Re: Sorry

This the shop I used in Orlando, FL. http://www.billraynissan.com/framese...ion_department

Paul_BB_Guy 11-01-2003 06:54 AM

Violated after an accident - I know how you feel. When I finished school and started working I bought myself a 1992 Z24 (my current winter beater) and although it's not a Z, at the time it was my BABY!

Well, almost exactly 9 months after buying her, I was sitting at a light with a car in front and a car behind. Believe it or not a FOURTH car came off the highway (the guy must have been sleeping), RAMMED the guy behind me (in a civic), he went under me and pushed my bumper up (and screwed up the trunk hinges) and I slammed into the guy in front of me wrecking the front bumper.

Nine month old car with the front and rear painted bumpers TRASHED! I felt SO bad about it, I just left the car at the dealership (strangely enough it was right where the accident happened) and didn't want to drive it. I just left it there and said "take care of it".

It's been over 10 years and Roxanne (the cav) hasn't show any signs of structural or driveability damage as a result and I still love my Z24 very much. It takes a little bit of time to get over the "violated" feeling but when you look at it like "When all is said and done, it IS just a car afterall" your perspective changes.

These things happen and they're going to happen more and more as the population increases and people seem to get their liscenses easier and easier.

The new Premier of Ontario has a plan to make sure everyone gets retested every 5 years. All I have to say is YES! I've been saying this for SOO LONG. I see people on the road who are just OBLIVIOUS.. It's not that they're too lazy to stop BEHIND the sign at a stop sign, they actually DON'T KNOW!

.... scary ....

teh215 11-01-2003 07:32 AM

Since you bumper was already f**ked and they can't issue citations in parking lots, you should have just backed into her a few times to see how she liked it.

Gigi 11-01-2003 07:52 AM

thanks 350zr roadster... I live in Bucks County, PA Just got back from your area for a vacation. I'm going to use Thompson Nissan.

And BTW I still have not seen another Z Roadster on the road since I bought mine, not even all the way down the East Coast and I was looking.

Paul BB guy...thanks man, I know it's just a car and I know this to shall pass. It is my favorite car I've ever owned and the only one that I had to search for months in 4 states Pa, NJ, NY and DE for. I wouldn't pay over sticker.

I ordered a Silverstone w/ orange ventelated seats. Hated waiting until March 04, wanted to at least drive her in decent weather for a few months before she went down for a long winters nap. But, then I saw "Nadine the Black Beauty" and had a change of heart. Just didn't walk into a dealer and pick her up.

That MENTAL MIDGET who hit me couldn't drive worth a sh**. I watched her, after the accident, try to back out and pull up. Back and forth about 7 times. She should have to take her test again using that stupid van not the Pinto she probably took it in. I kid you not this was not a small parking lot. Noone was parked five spots next to me. IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT

z0ner 11-01-2003 08:03 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you Gigi, I am just as protective with my baby.

I can't believe that stupid lemming parked right next to you when you were five spots away from anyone else, and then have the audacity to laugh about it. I've never hit a woman, but that might have given me pause :mad:

Gigi 11-01-2003 09:03 AM

ZOner...she wasn't parked next to me she decided to use all the empty space around me to turn her spaceship around in.

sujo16 11-01-2003 03:44 PM

As I was applying my first layer of Zaino Z5 today I couldn't stop thinking about your event. I've never hit a woman either but I'm certain there would've been fighting words coming out of my mouth. I'm still pissed about it. Soooo sorry...

JonsilvZ 11-01-2003 04:09 PM

I feel your pain. My Z was also hit,recently. ******* ran a red light.
Rear quarter panel,bumper, wheel bent. Took it to the Nissan body shop. I have CS, hope they could match it up. But I'm worried about the drivetrain.

TriX 11-01-2003 04:11 PM

That blows. I was in a situation like your once. Not with a Z though. You should always carry a an object such as club or a baseball bat for such occassions.

Gigi 11-03-2003 09:26 AM

Jonsilv z
Very sorry to hear about your car. You'll have to let me know how you make out with it.

I just took mine in for an estimate today. It wasn't as much as I thought it was going to be. $1426.00. They have to replace the bumper and are just going to fix the rear quarter panel. They said that since it is welded to the car it's better to fix it. Only problem is because the car is so new they think it's going to take awhile to get the parts in.

RedHerring2 11-03-2003 11:43 AM

I feel for you bro. Recently I had a moronic b i t c h in a minivan with handicapped tags pull into the handicapped spot next to me, jump out ( thats right, jump ) throw open her rear door which bounced twice off my passenger wheelwell. I was sitting in a restauraunt just watching this happen. I ran out there and confronted her and she lied to my face.

She jogged into the store at which time I probably totalled her van with my bare fists. I wanted to and almost allowed myself to destroy her. If I knew I wouldn't have gotten caught I probably would have decked her for lying to me in the indignant way that she did. I got away with it that time, but I was literally out of my mind with rage. I scared myself and I am afraid of what I am going to do to the next subhuman that screws with my car.

It wasn't really the total disregard for others property, it was the way that she lied and tried to dodge the responsibility that set me off.

Perhaps I need anger management classes??

Paul_BB_Guy 11-03-2003 08:26 PM

Seeing something you feel is precious being completely disregarded by another person can bring out some scary reactions.

I'd judge it a "crime of passion" if you decked her. Didn't she freak out when she saw her MiniVan all trashed?