Notices
370Z Brakes & Suspension 370Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Most important bushings to replace for good handling

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 02:10 PM
pouchonnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most important bushings to replace for good handling

I'm quite new to working on cars and whenever someone talks about bushing it confuses me a lot. If i want a better handling car which bushing are the most important to change? I'm looking at Z1motorsport and there's tons of different set of bushings.. Anyone can guide me a bit? Thanks!
Old 09-22-2017, 03:42 PM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Think of bushings on your car like you would the cartilage in your body. They act as a cushion for the moving joints of your car, and wear out over time just like your joints.

Bushings for best handling?.. It's more for longevity. OEM bushings are typically sub-par to most aftermarket bushings, so they won't last as long or be as effective at dampening or friction reduction. There are none that are really more important than the other and if they are worn, no matter where they come from, they should be replaced. If your goal is better handling, look into getting a Hotchkis sway bar set and some wider rubber on the ground... http://www.hotchkis.net/search-by-ve...5&md=877&sm=20
Old 09-22-2017, 05:12 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Depending on how your car has been used, different bushings may be worn. Looking for better handling by replacing bushings will take someone with more experience and feel than a novice. As Atreyu'z has said, you'll get better handling immediately by upgrading swaybars.

How many miles are on your Z? Maybe changing out worn shocks are your next step.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:04 PM
pouchonnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has 80k miles and i installed coilovers 1 month ago (tein street basis). I had lowered eibach spring before on stock shocks and it felt very good around turns and such but unbearable on canadian roads since it was so rough.. Now the tein just feel sloppy lol. So i want to get an in between you know. I don't have the kind of money to drop on sway bars though. Thanks for the reply!