370Z Brakes & Suspension 370Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brake pedal feel on 2013 G37S - hALP

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 07:58 AM
Desert Z

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Exclamation Brake pedal feel on 2013 G37S - hALP

Gents I have a question,

Got my Fiancee a 2013 G37S with 45k miles. Car runs beautifully but the brake feel is off to me. When i got my 06 Z with Brembos it took me a few weeks to learn to modulate the brakes compared to the car I came from. But the Brembos seem very linear to me. But with her car it feels like there is empty pedal travel for 2" then it when it does grab it feels extremely sensitive as if most of the brake torque resides within 1" of travel. Not linear at all. As you can see this can be extremely annoying specially at highway speeds.

This weekend I will take the wheels off and examine the pads as I can't see through the Enkeis. But my question is if the Akebonos are unusually sensitive and non-linear compared to Brembos (or even base model brakes). Rotors seem evenly worn out but I'm leaning towards the rear pads being low. I have seen this cause a "lunging" effect in cars in the past causing the front end to dive under mild braking.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:00 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Before making too many judgments on brake feel, try doing a brake bleed at all four corners and replacing it with fresh DOT 4 fluid. From your description, it sounds as though there's some air being compressed before the fluid moves in the lines.
The following users liked this post:
Atreyu'z 350 (10-22-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Desert Z

Thanks. Will do this weekend.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:54 PM
Desert Z

Report:

Mr. dkmura thanks a lot. I bled all four corners with RBF600 (that I use in my Z) only to find that the rears had air in the lines. The brake pedal is now much more linear in modulation. Big noticeable improvement.

I appreciate your help.