Notices
370Z Exterior & Interior 370Z body kits, exterior modification, interior styling and lighting

PICS FINALLY OUT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 AM
zed-er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the car. I think the silhouette is reminiscent of the 240, the GT-R and still recalls the current 350Z, but gives a modern, updated take on those influences. I like the shorter wheelbase, as it reminds me of the 240Z a whole lot. I think the roofline, along with the 240Z styling cues, are both modern and retro simultaneously, if that could be possible.

I agree that some of the shapes used in the interior are a little disjointed. I think if they used the three round controls for the AC in the lower portion of the dash, it would help to echo the three gauges on top of the center stack. That might help add some cohesion to the interior design. Still, the quality of materials used in the interior seems to be a vast improvement.

I still want to see a clear shot of the luggage compartment in the rear. I need to see just how much (little) space is available. I applaud Nissan for giving the old heave ho to the current Z's bulkhead/glovebox/subwoofer directly behind the seats. That old design cut too deeply into luggage capacity and was inefficient. I need to carry a couple of guitars and an amp in the back. Occupational complication: No can carry guitars and amp - no can buy car.

It really comes down to how the car performs. I remain hopeful that the 370's performance will be a marked improvement over the current car. I'd like to see enough of a horsepower boost to make the car competitive with the Cayman S. If the new car's brakes are as stupendous as a previous poster says, and the suspension is firm enough, but not too firm, Nissan will have a winner on their hands.

Can't wait to see it at the LA Show and to take it for s test drive.

zed-er
Old 10-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Skorch

Someone PLZ chop the pics in white and black.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:45 AM
PA 19103

I just know I won't get one if they don't make the car lighter despite more power. This is the very reason I didn't get a G37 Coupe, it weights more than 3600 lbs.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 AM
pearl350zzz

I feel sorry for 08 350z owners....

I think it looks great overall
Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 AM
scrapser

Originally Posted by sq40
This is a pretty typical response from car owners when a new model comes out, replacing a beloved model. I don’t think there is a single car forum I have been on, in all of my years on the web where this doesn’t happen. Its just natural.
So here is the process that the 370Z, as all new models will follow from the Enthusiast community;

1) New model is announced, speculation and excitement begins.

2) Small details are leaked, these are picked apart with a fine tooth comb and expectations are laid.

3) First firm details or full disclosure of the new model is made, new owners, hold outs and die-hards reject it off hand, former owners look forward to it as good time to go back to the brand, most split their opinion 50/50, good-bad.

4) New model hits the street, a few show up on the board and people start to get excited, as modifications are made to the new cars, people start to take notice. 60/40, good-bad.

5) New model is out for 6mo-1yr, A large mix of new owners make the old cars seem dated, opinion starts a rapid shift, the old cars sell for less and the new becomes a higher demand item. Option shifts to 80/20m good-bad.

6) Old model seems like ancient history, excitement is gone for the old car, with nostalgia taking over, 95% of owner/potential buyers and forum members prefer the new car and are looking forward to the “next” version of the car.
Yes, most people fall in the middle of the bell curve and follow the path you've outlined. But as for me, I'm one of those at the extreme. I either adopt early or never because the car (or any other product for that matter) either hits me or it doesn't. The 370Z doesn't.

It's not about letting it grow on me. There are things about the car that I could never accept. One glaring example is putting the subwoofer in the floor in the back. What genious thought up that one? What do you do with luggage on long trips?

Some things I can control which voids the adoption issue altogether (for example, I build my own computer every couple years to get exactly what I want). But I would never buy a new car and immediately start "fixing" it which is what would be necessary with this car. Some people are already stating they will buy the car and replace the front bumper with a mod. Others are asking if the 350Z lights can be retro-fitted.

The only people who will accept this car "off the rack" are going to be newbies for the most part. They have nothing to compare it with.

My 350Z will outlive the 370Z assuming the next generation will come in 5 years. And "if" there's another generation down the road designed from the ground up that hits me right or "if" Nissan fixes the 370Z's shortcomings, then I will seriously consider getting one.

I've had my car for over 2.5 years and to this day I still get compliments from strangers nearly every time I take it out. And it's stock! To me, that's priceless.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
bigdog1250

There is now a REAL glove box up front if you look closely! This interior looks very sexy. And I'm digging the digital gauge on the left telling you all the info on gas and what not. Nissan has done well.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Jonny Boy

I dont like how the guages in the center are raised so much. I am sure I am going to love the new 370 in person, but I am kinda dissapointed how the overall car doesnt seem to flow as nice as the current Z.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:10 AM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by trebien
3. Seat-mounted seat controls. Really? After the G35 issues? I'm surprised.
What's this "issue" you speak of? I've had my 06 Coupe for 2 years and its never given me a problem. I've been on g35driver.com for almost 3 years and I don't think I've ever heard of an "issue" with this function.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
bigdog1250

Check out the video for the Z in the new NFS:
http://www.nissannews.com/video/asse...60px&width=320
Old 10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Zexy

Ugh.. I'm so done with Zs.

Looks good .. And cramped. But that front bumper is ugly.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Agent ONE

I loved the covered test mule, I think because I couldn't see those STUPID lights.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Greg06

Still have to see it in person. But I still like it so far tho.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 AM
scrapser

Originally Posted by Agent ONE
I loved the covered test mule, I think because I couldn't see those STUPID lights.
Funny...I caught myself having the same reaction! When I realized it was the tape that made the lights look good, I lost my enthusiasm once more.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Z053

Well, everything was as expected from spy and leaked pics so nothing surprising to me. Now we wait for the official specs and pricing, which is key to whether or not the 370Z will be in my garage. Luckily, I got a couple of backup options If Nissan raise the price too much or the car didn't lose enough weight.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
FRLDYZPIMPN

somebody with skills PS drop and aftermarket wheels.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Alan_G

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
I'm sticking with the Z33...
+1
Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DIGItonium
Interesting... the 370Z responses are polar.

At least the gauges light up white, not blue. The mini gauge cluster in amber is a bit discomforting since it doesn't stay consistent with the gauge lighting motif. The Z in the pictures is definitely a Touring/Grand 6sp with leather seats, Bose Music Box, and navigation. Thankfully, while not as pleasing to some, the cubby holder remains as well as a double-din head unit for non-Bose and navigation trim.

I really like the 240Z lines. With the return of the Track model, I guess we won't be seeing a NISMO model. :-(
A NISMO model is coming. Trust me. Heard it from the horses mouth.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Greg06

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
A NISMO model is coming. Trust me. Heard it from the horses mouth.
I know that Zsport mentioned this as well. Also that you guys and or your sources can't give a definite release date etc..

But can you guys give us a hint? Is the wait long or short?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Selski12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not so sure on the pics. I'll have to take a look in person first
Old 10-29-2008, 10:40 AM
sandthepilot

I don't neccessarily like the look of the exterior, but the interior really catches my eye. Also the only part about the exterior I like is the rear quarter window retroing back to the old 240Z's. Again, it could just be that the 370Z is not photogenic :P and that in person it might very well be an amazing looking car. Photos to me don't really do justice until I see the car in person. I will definitely test drive it, but I think I'll just end up keeping my 350Z and modifying it.

BTW, I think the car would look great in black and dark grey

Quick Reply: PICS FINALLY OUT!!!!