MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   370Z Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/370z-exterior-and-interior-533/)
-   -   Window drop issue. (https://my350z.com/forum/370z-exterior-and-interior/618839-window-drop-issue.html)

WhiteDevil-Z 03-13-2018 06:12 PM

Window drop issue.

So I’m sure there is a thread on this somewhere but I couldn’t seem to locate it.
The issue I’m having is the driver side window does not drop the small amount it should when the door is opened so that it will not catch on the Exterior trim of the car when the door is closed.
The auto down feature works fine and window works fine in general but when activating the auto up feature it will go all the way up stop and then roll down to half way. This happens when the door is closed or open. The passenger side works as it should. So I replaced the “little nipple” (the one that controls the interior lights and is supposed to control the auto drop and up feature) for lack of a better tern that’s on the driver side with the one that’s on the passenger side since it works fine. There was no change the passenger side still dropped as it should and the driver side still did not work. One things to add the “little nipple” still does turn the interior lights on and off as it should.

I have tried the know reset methods with the control switch but have not tried removing the door panel to reach the actual switch on the motor.

Could this his be the motor or regulator being bad?

Car is an 07 350z enthusiast 6 mt

Thanks in advance.

MicVelo 03-13-2018 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by WhiteDevil-Z (Post 10944727)
So I’m sure there is a thread on this somewhere but I couldn’t seem to locate it.
The issue I’m having is the driver side window does not drop the small amount it should when the door is opened so that it will not catch on the Exterior trim of the car when the door is closed.
The auto down feature works fine and window works fine in general but when activating the auto up feature it will go all the way up stop and then roll down to half way. This happens when the door is closed or open. The passenger side works as it should. So I replaced the “little nipple” (the one that controls the interior lights and is supposed to control the auto drop and up feature) for lack of a better tern that’s on the driver side with the one that’s on the passenger side since it works fine. There was no change the passenger side still dropped as it should and the driver side still did not work. One things to add the “little nipple” still does turn the interior lights on and off as it should.

I have tried the know reset methods with the control switch but have not tried removing the door panel to reach the actual switch on the motor.

Could this his be the motor or regulator being bad?

Car is an 07 350z enthusiast 6 mt

Thanks in advance.

Pretty common issue. Use the attached PDF to guide you through the reset.

travlee 03-14-2018 03:39 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....54ca03818b.jpg

Atreyu'z 350 03-14-2018 04:36 AM

Also - While you're in there, it might be a good time to service(clean & lubricate) the regulator assembly and within the cable conduit that the window is driven by with some dry graphite lube.

WhiteDevil-Z 03-17-2018 02:38 PM

Thanks all for the reply’s you are the real mvps. Oh @travlee thanks for the picture by the way. But I was not sure if both issues were related to the same thing but either way +1 for trolling. 😂

travlee 03-17-2018 02:52 PM

I am mainly busting your balls, if you can handle my sarcasm you will be just fine here

WhiteDevil-Z 03-17-2018 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by travlee (Post 10945494)
I am mainly busting your balls, if you can handle my sarcasm you will be just fine here

hahhaha no hate here it’s all in good fun I get it! But either way happy to join the Z33 community!

Vince Gould 03-14-2020 09:00 AM

No drop.

Please help, I have followed the reset procedure and it goes fine. But the window does not drop when the door opens. Please let me know some ideas about why this is happening. Thank you.

jhc 03-15-2020 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Vince Gould (Post 11016840)
Please help, I have followed the reset procedure and it goes fine. But the window does not drop when the door opens. Please let me know some ideas about why this is happening. Thank you.

It's likely the relearn was done incorrectly or you have the wrong motor.

Vince Gould 03-15-2020 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by jhc (Post 11016897)
It's likely the relearn was done incorrectly or you have the wrong motor.

this is the procedure I follow below. Seems to be what everyone else is having success with. The motor has not been changed. Thanks for any onsite. I appreciate it.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....046587f05e.png

jhc 03-15-2020 09:12 AM

The older style motors had a button to push (on the motor). I remember having trouble getting the reset switch to acknowledge being pressed. Ended up using a 6" socket extension. Gl!

AdamBurgess 05-31-2023 04:58 AM

I stumbled upon this post and decided to revive this thread. While I'm not an expert, it's possible that the motor or regulator might be the cause. Before going further, you could try resetting the control switch. If that doesn't work, consider seeking help from a professional or someone experienced in car repairs. They can diagnose the problem accurately and provide the best solution. Additionally, if you want to ensure the safety and comfort of your little ones, it's a good idea to explore the market for the best baby car sun shades. These shades can provide excellent protection from the sun's glare and harmful UV rays, creating a more enjoyable and safer environment for your children during car rides.