READ FIRST: Rules Regarding Private Classifieds
NOTE: MY350Z.COM is not liable nor will be held responsible for any transactions made via the forum. Buyer Beware!
If you are purchasing a high dollar piece from a member, we recommend using Escrow service to prevent any chances of fraud. Escrow acts like a middle man in between the transaction. There are fees involved, but it is worth it if it's to prevent fraud.
Go to Escrow's site for more information - http://www.escrow.com
- If a seller disagrees to use Escrow, then it is a sure sign that it could be a scam. If they refuse other forms of security such as COD or PayPal, then DO NOT PURCHASE from them.
- Ask for their information, ask if you can call them, ask for pictures of something specific, etc. It's your money and you're responsible, so be proactive.
- If you see anything suspicious please contact the forum moderators or administrators.
All sellers must have ownership of the listed item(s) in order to post a for sale thread. You may not list anything for sale on behalf of others. Any threads suspected of being a business will be edited and/or locked; no businesses are allowed other than paying sponsors of the site. If you would like to become a sponsor contact the marketing manager for details.
Things that are NOT ALLOWED to be sold
Marketplace - Private Classifieds Posting Rules
All sellers are required to post at least 1 picture of each item listed in ad to verify ownership of said item(s) AT THE TIME OF POSTING WITH A VERIFICATION SLIP that shows the seller's My350Z.com USERNAME and CURRENT DATE. (Date that thread is posted must be no more than 5 days from date listed on verification slip). IF NO VERIFICATION SLIP—IT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, NO EXCUSES.
- No weapons of any kind, paintball guns are the only firearms allowed (this includes knives, brass knuckles, etc.)
- No pirated software or movies
- Selling CarFax runs will earn you a ban
- No Drug Paraphernalia
While this does not prove without a doubt that the seller owns the said items, it will minimize/reduce the possibility of potential scams. Not having any access to some sort of digital camera is not an excuse and if that's the case, you can wait to create the thread until you can get the pictures. DO NOT CREATE A THREAD WITHOUT A VERIFICATION SLIP.
Any and all threads that do not adhere to this new rule will be deleted without prior notice or warning and the user will be given infraction points or banned. Although this is a minor infraction, this is to show you we are serious about maintaining the integrity of our marketplace section and our forums as a whole. Please do not complain to a mod that you were unaware of this policy, as they have been in place for years now.
Each thread must have price(s), description(s) and contact method for each item.
- No "taking offers" unless your item is posted on eBay.
- Create your threads in the appropriate Marketplace forum.
- You get 1 thread for all of your items per Marketplace category/sub-forum. If you have 5 items to sell in the Suspension section, create 1 thread with all 5 items.
- If you're looking for a particular item, post in the single "WANT TO BUY" thread stuck at the top of the appropriate section.
- Selling multiple same items or selling like a vendor will result in a non-sponsor violation. a second instance will result in a Perma Ban
- Do not link to other for sale threads (ex. Regional Marketplace) without including a full item description(s) in the new thread you created.
- If direct linking to eBay auctions, completely list all of the details in the thread.
- Some forums (ex. "Cars for sale" and "Wheels Tires") have their own special set of rules in the form of stickies, so please read them.
- No Group Buys.
- No more than 1 daily bump is allowed per thread. Excessive bumping can lead to removal of said thread.
- If your item is sold simply state that it has been sold so others, including mods who close these threads, know.
- If you are not willing to ship, do NOT post in this section. Regional forums provide local pick up options.
- All threads that have no comments within the past thirty days will be CLOSED. This will make it easier for you to navigate threads that are still relevant while avoiding those that aren't.
All "want to buy" posts are to be made in the stickied thread in the appropriate forums. No separate threads looking for items are allowed.
Marketplace - Posting Rules for Car Sales
Seller MUST POST: Year, MODEL LEVEL (BASE/ENTHUSIAST/ETC.), TRANSMISSION TYPE (MT/AUTO), MILEAGE, COLOR, LOCATION in Thread TITLE.
In the Body of the Thread, Seller must also include: SELLER NAME, CONTACT INFORMATION (Phone/EMAIL), and VIN NUMBER of VEHICLE being sold.
The VERIFICATION SLIP still applies, THE VERIFICATION SLIP MUST SHOW the seller's My350Z.com USERNAME AND CURRENT DATE. (Date that thread is posted must be no more than 5 days from date listed on verification slip). IF NO VERIFICATION SLIP—IT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, NO EXCUSES.
Requirements In Order to Help Prevent Fraud
You need to meet at least one of the following requirements to post in the Private Classfields
- Member of the site for at least 90 days
- Post Count of 500 or more
- Be a Premier Member (to become a Premier Member Click Here)
The biggest problem on any major forum-based site is the classifieds. Many people get scammed every day, and most people out to scam don't want any trace of them being found. They will not hesitate to take your money and run, but if it involves registration/payment on their part, they are far less likely to do so. We can't promise it will be completely stopped, but this setup will provide us with a good "paper trail" with which we can track down scammers.
I know many people that have been scammed by people on forum sites that offer free classifieds, and I'm not talking a loss of little amounts of money. It is in our best interest to protect our members and our investment.
With that being said, if you are serious about selling parts on the board, you will need to meet one of the requirements. You will not be able to respond to classifieds, but will still be able to PM the members that post them. This setup, combined with iTrader
, will give us the best defense against scammers.
The Trader Rating System is a reputation counter of previous sales and transactions. Note the "Trader Rating" indicator under your avatar. That number is a link that will take you to your Trader Rating page where you can see rating and feedback about you that others have left. When you buy from or sell to another member, you should make it a point to leave feedback for that person. That way, the next person who wants to do business with them has an idea of how they've conducted business in the past. If everyone uses this system, there is little need to spend hours searching old threads to see if your potential buyer/seller has ripped anyone off in the past.
Here are a few thoughts and rules for the Trader Rating system
- Leave feedback ONCE per transaction.
- Be fair and objective in your rating/feedback. If a seller was one day late shipping your product, that doesn't make a bad sale.
- This system is for your benefit. It's important that others leave feedback about you and vice versa. If you leave feedback for someone and they don't leave feedback for you, politely ask them to follow up your transaction with a visit to your TR page.
- Leaving false feedback about a transaction, or leaving feedback for a transaction that you did not take place in as a form of retaliation against another member is grounds for banishment.