Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Republic of Korea

Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 PM
definitionxmk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Republic of Korea

The last thread has been idle for quite some time and i am here to try and bring it back. Thought Korea is populated with mostly KDM vehicles, i've still seen plenty of Zs and Gs out there! I'm currently in Seoul, stationed at Yongsan and i'm glad to see that some servicemembers have brought their vehicles over as well.

I'm trying to get some type of meet going on and it would be awesome to start a monthly get-together so we can see what Korea has to offer! Any suggestions?

Side-note:
Sadly, me and a few others have been deployed to Korea without our vehicles. And i'm from SoCal! you can imagine how deprived i am without my Z =(

But yeah! Let's get this thread active!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:37 PM
kihun

werddddddddd represent!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:23 AM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there is going to be a car show at the Yougsan comissary this sat from 11am to 3pm, any of you going? Ill definalty be coming down there. Woot im off from work!! If anyone wants to enter their Z/g let me know because I will sign you in to come on post. Definition are you going to be there.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:18 AM
definitionxmk

Sounds good to me! I hope i don't have work, haha! i'll bring my video camera... it's a huge video camera so you can't miss me... down for some food after?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Concave
Banned

i hope i get station at yongsan....... anywhere else I will pass... ㅋㅋ
Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 AM
chopperman

Concave are you still inprocessing? That stuff takes forever. Do you have your Z here yet? Are you going to be coming down.

Definition Im down for some food after. Im from Humphreys so Ill be taking a bus down there at around 0830. Names Cliff Btw
Old 09-24-2008, 07:46 AM
definitionxmk

hmmmm saturday sounds like an interesting day... i've been meaning to do some new videos since i havn't done anything in a long time. it's nice to finally meet someone from the forums out here!

oh and i'm andrew
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 PM
paposalsa
Banned

I spent 3 1/2 yrs in Korea, Camp Page, Camp Stanley (2ID) and my last duty station was K-16 Seoul Air Base in Seongnam with the 2-2 AVN BN. Good times, had an apartment and a car, plus the "jobo". I retired in Yongsan back in 2005.

I hope to return one day as a GS employee.

Enjoy Korea, there is a lot to see if you get out of the "Ville" and Itaweon. I traveled all over Korea, even went to Jeju Island great place.

As a former soldier, thanks for your service, enjoy, be careful with the Soju and get back to the US safe.

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
I'm trying to get some type of meet going on and it would be awesome to start a monthly get-together so we can see what Korea has to offer! Any suggestions?
Go to the Travel Place in the first floor of the Dragon Hill, they have a lot of trips and tour packages that you and your friends can take. Make friend with a KATUSA they can show you around also. Plus you can get your mid-tour plane ticket to the the US cheap too.

Good Luck!

Last edited by paposalsa; 09-24-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:59 PM
definitionxmk

^awesome and thanks for the advise! this thread is actually doing better than what i expected (the last one, response was very slow)... i'll definitely check out the DHL for some tours and especially if we get a lot more people to join. And having a KATUSA around is a really good idea...

This thread is not targeted for just military members, so anyone else in Korea will be welcomed to join us!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
mr.elite

Are the Z's in korea usdm or jdm. i guess its getting popular in korea to fix up cars. last time i was there was in 2000, guess lots have changed. anybody farmiliar with camp long in wonju?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:33 PM
chopperman

The really good spot for car meets around seoul is called apgujeong. They have some really nice cars over there. Last week I just decided to go over there and walk around. I seen some lambos, and an evo X.

Have any of you guys been to Everland? Its like a six flags back in the US. PLUS and this is a BIG PLUS.....It has a race track. I was there 2 weeks ago and they had a race down there. Im pretty sure they have races every weekend or somthing.

I pretty much know the subway/train system pretty damn well so its hard to get lost. You can go to alot of places for just 2 buxs.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Take some pictures of korean girls.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:53 PM
definitionxmk

^i've heard of everland but i havn't gone yet... i've been to lotteworld and to apgujeong (MONKEY BEACH FTW!). i've seen some ferraris and tons of bentleys haha. i saw one roadster Z but it was too far away to tell if it had any type of mods. on post here, i've seen a really nice clean looking white G parked by the intersection where TRENT GYM and the POST OFFICE is.... i'll try and take some pictures of it and post it up. oh and there is a red NSX w/ a forsale sign here as well. (if it was cheap) and send it back to the states =)

other than those cars... just a bunch of tiburons w/ decent setups and your occasional riced out ones. i've seen some badass honda ruckuses though... but that's a totally different thing =) but i'll definitely grab my camera and take more photos of what i see...

how about a trip to everland? we'll go over details this saturday?
Old 09-25-2008, 05:21 AM
chopperman

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
^i've heard of everland but i havn't gone yet... i've been to lotteworld and to apgujeong (MONKEY BEACH FTW!). i've seen some ferraris and tons of bentleys haha. i saw one roadster Z but it was too far away to tell if it had any type of mods. on post here, i've seen a really nice clean looking white G parked by the intersection where TRENT GYM and the POST OFFICE is.... i'll try and take some pictures of it and post it up. oh and there is a red NSX w/ a forsale sign here as well. (if it was cheap) and send it back to the states =)

other than those cars... just a bunch of tiburons w/ decent setups and your occasional riced out ones. i've seen some badass honda ruckuses though... but that's a totally different thing =) but i'll definitely grab my camera and take more photos of what i see...

how about a trip to everland? we'll go over details this saturday?

Monkey Beach FTMFGDW!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Concave
Banned

Originally Posted by chopperman
Concave are you still inprocessing? That stuff takes forever. Do you have your Z here yet? Are you going to be coming down.

Definition Im down for some food after. Im from Humphreys so Ill be taking a bus down there at around 0830. Names Cliff Btw
Nah.. i still have to go to BOLC and OBC. haha... but im hoping i get a main base as a first duty station, then i will most definately bring my Z over haha.
I miss my home....
Old 09-25-2008, 12:31 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

What's everybody's obsession with Korea and wanting to go back? Is there really that much to do and that many things to see there?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:16 PM
chopperman

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
What's everybody's obsession with Korea and wanting to go back? Is there really that much to do and that many things to see there?
There is definatly no reason to be obsessed with korea. But there are deff some good times that make you want to come back, or hate that you leave.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:24 PM
definitionxmk

granted, i havn't done much here in korea and sometimes it feels like there is nothing to do. it's the people you hang out with that truly make the difference. i've had one of the greatest times going out with the friends i made here. sure, i can't wait to get out of here... but part of me is going to miss this place. 8 more months!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:24 PM
pearl350zzz

한국 짱! lol
Old 09-25-2008, 02:36 PM
chopperman

Originally Posted by pearl350zzz
한국 짱! lol

Korea?

Search this Thread