Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Seoul FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:59 AM
LMBLF8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ GLUX mon-fri helping them with translations. got AC-Schnitzer and Novitec Rosso as another contact for us. I can call Kevin who works @ Lotus Seoul, who has a R34 VSpecII NuR if theres anything going on.

I was thinking of going to Itaewon just for the hell of it, but not quite sure. If you guys are free anytime this weekend or tonight, call me. or I'll call if I find anything going on
Old 12-05-2008, 03:26 AM
definitionxmk

^hmmm it's freezing right now... plus i've been saving my money for the Z =) plus i got off work late so i dont really feel like doing much. maybe if i get hella bored, i'll be down to get some mcdonalds or something hah. see if THERE IS anything going on... and if it's worth the trip, maybe we can go do it. other than that... i don't really have any hardcore winter clothes... i'm from SoCal! hah.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:40 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

Just letting you know that Korean police have been setting up a huge sting/case on street racing since April. A few of my fellow enthusiasts got called in to the station and they were questioned. Police already have tons of video clips and a list of drivers. So, stay low for a while... Don't go to any drag meets (Good thing it's freezing)... Apparently police have been capturing drag scenes with HD video camera undercover at various popular drag spots... Crazy...

Last edited by leeboyNY; 12-05-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
definitionxmk

wow... crazy. besides the track at everland, is there any other legal tracks? when i was stationed in japan i remember going to tsukuba and just watching japanese people bring their cars so they could run the track. anything like that here? or maybe like an auto X event or something? everyone i talk to doesn't really have any idea on what i'm talking about... besides, i'm not a big fan of street racing =P

nice cars though! but yeah, the cold weather and icy streets can be a lil too dangerous for me... hell i slipped on some ice today! imagine driving at topspeed over a patch of ice? not cool x_x
Old 12-06-2008, 01:05 AM
LMBLF8

I've been asking around and everland is what i keep hearing. as for autox...not many people kno either. on some of the daum clubs, the silvia people bring their cars to the mountains i guess for a lil action.

but yeah that is pretty crazy about the cops...i'm guessing near the airport strip? but theres soo many strips around there. i just talked to a guy with the 500+ r34 and he says no cops around 2-4am. but maybe he goes to a different place around the airport. his buddy with a 1000awhp skyline is supposed to race some exotic with twin superchargers...only thing i can thing of is the twinsuper novitec f430

i might be in the dongdaemun area tonight, what are you, cliff and andrew, up to?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:15 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by LMBLF8
I've been asking around and everland is what i keep hearing. as for autox...not many people kno either. on some of the daum clubs, the silvia people bring their cars to the mountains i guess for a lil action.

but yeah that is pretty crazy about the cops...i'm guessing near the airport strip? but theres soo many strips around there. i just talked to a guy with the 500+ r34 and he says no cops around 2-4am. but maybe he goes to a different place around the airport. his buddy with a 1000awhp skyline is supposed to race some exotic with twin superchargers...only thing i can thing of is the twinsuper novitec f430

i might be in the dongdaemun area tonight, what are you, cliff and andrew, up to?
No no no.. Inchon airport drag organized by babodream started this whole crack down, so don't go by the airport. They are also cracking down in Boon-Dang and Ja-yoo-roe. Seriously, don't do anything silly and stay low for a while... It's freezing anyway...

There are four other tracks besides everland. They are in An-San, Tae-Bak Moon-Mak and near the Inchon international airport. An-San is an hour down south of Seoul, but this track is open to very limited crowds because it's not operating at a full capacity (in fact it's illegal to operate).. City of An-San built it in an attempt to bring F-3 champ car race to the city in early 2000, but things went sour because of some govt official corruptions... I organized several track days here last year (See pics below).

Tae-Bak is near Sul-Ak mountain.. That's 4 hours east of Seoul.. Nice circuit, but it's too d@mn far away...

Moon-Mak "Valvoline motor park" is about 2 hours east of seoul. It's sort of privately owned circuit, so it's rather small and road condition is not the best.. Good for drift practice. I also organized a few drift practice events here 2 years ago. Check out the video below.

http://dory.mncast.com/mncHMovie.swf...4817&skinNum=1

Lastly the Inchon airport circuit... Now this is a very mysterious circuit. It's right next to the sky 72 golf course near the airport. Nobody knew of its existence except a few in crowds who used to visit the circuit in the middle of the night. (Now it's all fenced up.. so no more midnight drifting...) Rumor has it that it's made by the owner of the sky 72 golf course and rents it out to close friends and coporations. SAAB Korea, Lexus Korea, Lotus Korea held drive events there this year. There are numerous rumors circulating about this circuit. Some say, they are going to destroy it and others say, it's going to officially open soon.
Attached Thumbnails Seoul FTW!-img_0306-1-.jpg   Seoul FTW!-img_1102-1-.jpg   Seoul FTW!-img_1062-1-.jpg   Seoul FTW!-img_0289-1-.jpg   Seoul FTW!-img_7861-1-.jpg  

Last edited by leeboyNY; 12-06-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:11 AM
chopperman

leeyboy good info!
Old 12-06-2008, 08:56 AM
definitionxmk

wow... so you're like THE BADASS MAN in korea leeboy =P we gotta have a get together one day so we can check out your Z =)
Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 PM
PhreeZe

Damn they are cracking down? Damn it! I really wanted to see some exotics go at it... Just out of curiosity, what kinda laws does Korea have when it comes to modifying cars? Also, is speeding tickets common in Korea? I know they have speed cameras on the freeway but I've never seen a cop pull someone over...

Jason
Old 12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by PhreeZe
Damn they are cracking down? Damn it! I really wanted to see some exotics go at it... Just out of curiosity, what kinda laws does Korea have when it comes to modifying cars? Also, is speeding tickets common in Korea? I know they have speed cameras on the freeway but I've never seen a cop pull someone over...

Jason
Cops don't bother to follow you, because they are in their Hyundai accents.. They just leave the speeding tickets to the speed cameras.. Korea is not modification friendly. When you modify your car, you must get it reinspected and get a modification certification. That's why I keep most of my power modification stealthy.. When cops ask, I just tell them "This is how it came from the factory." Hahah~

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
wow... so you're like THE BADASS MAN in korea leeboy =P we gotta have a get together one day so we can check out your Z =)
Nah~ I'm just doing my moderator job... As you guys already know Korea is a very small country. When you are interested in hardcore modification, circuit driving and drifting, it's not hard to get connected to right people. Just see how LMBLF8 landed a job at G-lux right away and gets to ride in exotic cars.. You see what I mean..

Last edited by leeboyNY; 12-06-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:25 AM
PhreeZe

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
Cops don't bother to follow you, because they are in their Hyundai accents.. They just leave the speeding tickets to the speed cameras.. Korea is not modification friendly. When you modify your car, you must get it reinspected and get a modification certification. That's why I keep most of my power modification stealthy.. When cops ask, I just tell them "This is how it came from the factory." Hahah~
WOW you have to get it reinspected!? Even for your body modifications like you done? Either way, thats pretty interesting. I figured Korea would only be strict on emissions and noise level... Guess I was wrong! Man I really wish I could bring my car over there. Guess the subway isn't so bad
Old 12-07-2008, 04:16 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

WOW you have to get it reinspected!? Even for your body modifications like you done? Either way, thats pretty interesting. I figured Korea would only be strict on emissions and noise level... Guess I was wrong! Man I really wish I could bring my car over there. Guess the subway isn't so bad
I know it's crazy, but in Korea you can still do pretty much anything with money. There are ways get the inspection certificate even without cats...
Let me tell you a related story of mine.. This is when I had my single APS turbo. My inspection time was due early last year, so I was pretty stressed out about the inspection because if you know how the APS single turbo is setup, you know I didn't have cats... Also, the minimum clearance of a car must be 10cm to pass an inspection, but my car was about 6cm... Well, one day I was talking to my buddy, who is a mechanic, about this, and after listening to me he said "Give me 50 bucks(50,000Won). I'll be right back" Then he took my Z and went somewhere and came back in 10 minutes with a piece of paper stamped "passed" on it.. :O He told me he didn't even rig my car to the inspection machine. Although Korea has lots of strict laws, they don't get enforced very well. That said, if you know the right people in the right places it's easier to bend the rules... Kind of said but true...

Last edited by leeboyNY; 12-07-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
PhreeZe

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
I know it's crazy, but in Korea you can still do pretty much anything with money. There are ways get the inspection certificate even without cats...
Let me tell you a related story of mine.. This is when I had my single APS turbo. My inspection time was due early last year, so I was pretty stressed out about the inspection because if you know how the APS single turbo is setup, you know I didn't have cats... Also, the minimum clearance of a car must be 10cm to pass an inspection, but my car was about 6cm... Well, one day I was talking to my buddy, who is a mechanic, about this, and after listening to me he said "Give me 50 bucks(50,000Won). I'll be right back" Then he took my Z and went somewhere and came back in 10 minutes with a piece of paper stamped "passed" on it.. :O He told me he didn't even rig my car to the inspection machine. Although Korea has lots of strict laws, they don't get enforced very well. That said, if you know the right people in the right places it's easier to bend the rules... Kind of said but true...
Hahaha 50,000 wons?! That's it? That's pretty funny though your friend just left with your car and came back with a certification. You must of been dumbfounded when he came back. Interesting stuff though, I really appreciate you giving me an insight on how the Korean automotive industry is like. Are modified Subaru's commin in Korea? I've never seen one before. I think it would be pretty cool to have an STi in Korea...

Jason
Old 12-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Concave
Banned

the police mascot is like a puppy dog, of course they are not strict =P

im supposed to go home this winter but i dont know if i can make it this time =(
im starting to get homesick, i love walking outside the coex mall in the snow.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:10 PM
definitionxmk

Hahaha 50,000 wons?! That's it? That's pretty funny though your friend just left with your car and came back with a certification. You must of been dumbfounded when he came back. Interesting stuff though, I really appreciate you giving me an insight on how the Korean automotive industry is like. Are modified Subaru's commin in Korea? I've never seen one before. I think it would be pretty cool to have an STi in Korea...

Jason
i did see one STi in Korea... however, it was a military guy that brought it over. i remember reading importing a vehicle here is rediculously expensive. to my memory, i think leeboy knows about it more than anyone... i wonder when the GTR will arrive here.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
LMBLF8

Nissan Korea says April of 09 they should be getting the GTR's, the boss here has been asking them about it. Most of the ones here already were grey imported from Japan and the States i believe.

Also, LeeBoy, did I see you in gang-nam last week...it was on the road that G-LUX across Rex Motors and the golf range? I met up with definition this past weekend and mentioned it to him and he says you're the only one with lambo orange Z. We also saw a white Z in Hong-dae.

About the emissions, I heard some money or hell even dinner will get you any type of certification you want anytime.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
LMBLF8

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/cyber/Cy...7786&pn=173434

32,500,000 Won
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Concave
Banned

oh man if leeboy lives in gang-nam, im going to be his best friend and hang out with him everyday hahaha. my richass cousin lives there..
Old 12-08-2008, 04:46 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by LMBLF8
Nissan Korea says April of 09 they should be getting the GTR's, the boss here has been asking them about it. Most of the ones here already were grey imported from Japan and the States i believe.

Also, LeeBoy, did I see you in gang-nam last week...it was on the road that G-LUX across Rex Motors and the golf range? I met up with definition this past weekend and mentioned it to him and he says you're the only one with lambo orange Z. We also saw a white Z in Hong-dae.

About the emissions, I heard some money or hell even dinner will get you any type of certification you want anytime.

Awh~ Unfortunately, that wasn't me... There are about 4~5 orange Zs in Korea, now. I get calls from my friends all the time.. "Why is your car parked at a room salon parking lot?" Blah~Blah~ Then I say "That's not me... My car is in the garage..."
Old 12-08-2008, 04:41 PM
PhreeZe

Wow someone is already biting our style? Damn that sucks... I'm surprised no one has painted their Z midnight purple. That would prob be my first choice if I was repainting. But ya I've read (and been told) importing cars to Korea is expensive but I was just really curious about the Subaru turnout in Korea. I don't even recall seeing a dealer let alone any model. All the kids that play Initial D 4 like the drive the Subaru 22B. Or is it the V5 STi? Ah I can't remember...

Jason